Why become a member? ×

My gig at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena - updated with pics, and video etc...

wateroftyne

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

OK - so your signal chain description is still missing the DI bit :P - would be interesting to know what they have used to mic the bass cab though. I always find that there is not a great mic that captures the sound of a cab well... - to be honest, you aren't going to be getting the cab sound anyway, you are at best going to get the cone. But that's a completely different conversation.

SD7s are a nice choice - presumably they were recording over MADI or DANTE. Probably straight to a laptop or Joeco or something like that. Would actually be very interested in that aspect of the production. Any seperate monitor mixer? Or was that directly off the FoH?

My description isn't missing the DI bit. Look again :-)

The mic? I don't know. I leave that to Nitelites. They're one of the most respected in the business, so I assume they know what they're doing :-D

There was another SD7 side-stage for monitoring.

27982979_10156085814106322_3365536551941758457_o.jpg

28164409_10156085813861322_2957927728571574125_o.jpg

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

My description isn't missing the DI bit. Look again :-)

The mic? I don't know. I leave that to Nitelites. They're one of the most respected in the business, so I assume they know what they're doing :-D

There was another SD7 side-stage for monitoring.

27982979_10156085814106322_3365536551941758457_o.jpg

28164409_10156085813861322_2957927728571574125_o.jpg

Yeah it is... the Baggs is not that blue Klark Teknik DI down the side of the speaker cab.

Mic - yeah, I don't dispute they know what they were doing - genuinely intrigued what they mic of choice for a bass cab is.

Monitor world looks pretty immense. Lovely, lovely wireless... I'd quite like a little go on that :P

15 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Yeah it is... the Baggs is not that blue Klark Teknik DI down the side of the speaker cab.

'tisn't man. Pertinent points in bold:

• LR Baggs Venue DI (used for in-line tuning only)
  • Maruzczyk Jake w/rounds > House DI
  • Limelight '67 Precision w/flats > House DI

What a fantastic memory to have documented for yourself WoT. 

Only one close up of the bass player tho. That's simply not good enough. xD

Looks like its been a great show all round and to get a glimpse of behind the scenes and now the actual concert pics is just over-whelming.

So glad you shared all this. Its made for a fantastic thread. One of the best i've read.

Thanks

Dave

4 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Have to say WoT you look very relaxed in any of the pics. Is that a true reflection or are you hiding it well xD

No matter its still kool.

Dave

I don't really do nerves any more, but I had expected them to make an appearance on the day of the show.

Surprisingly, they didn't...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...