Why become a member? Read more... ×
Basschat Podcast: Episode 2 Read more... ×
MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Yeah the Matte Amber looks the business. Why it’s taken them so long to do this I don’t know.

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

7 minutes ago, Machines said:

Just looks like the old TRB in a new shape.

The trbx came from a blending of the trb and rbx body shapes

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lfalex v1.1
      Driven by necessity, up for sale is my Yamaha Attitude II 10th Anniversary Billy Sheehan Signature.
      Yes. It's Purple. #28 of 300 in this colour
      There were also 300 in black.
      Billy owns #001.
       purchased it new in 2003. The various online Yamaha dating resources don't seem to work with the serial number. That said, the plate on the back says April 2000, so I'll go with that...
      The fit, finish and build quality are exemplary, (Made in Japan) and it's in very good condition, having seen only rehearsal, studio and home use. It's never been dropped or dinged.
      All original except I've fitted Schaller strap locks in place of the original buttons.
      Technically, it's all good;
      3x Gotoh tuners
      1x Hipshot (Genuine, not licensed) detuner on the "E"
      DiMarzio Will power pickups wound to  Sheehan's specs.
      Phenolic resin fretboard with scalloped upper frets for those of you that like to bend.
      Maple neck under all that purple, and there's an Alder body in there somewhere, too.
      It's passive and the two outputs can be twinned.
      Controls are V (neck) Tone (neck) and mid-cut the last one is V for the "P" pick up plus it twins and separates the outputs.
      Currently strung with Elixir Steels in .045 .065 .80 .100
      Comes with its original case and corresponding key.

Collection only from my home address in Essex, please, but at least you'll get to try it!
      Any questions, fire away!

• By andruca
      So, here's a Yamaha BB-615 I bought new (old stock) 1 year ago from DoctorBass (Burgos, SPAIN), in old violin burst finish. It's made in Indonesia and according to serial # (QNH193217) it was manufactured in January 2007. It hasn't seen any use other than at home. I didn't dig the stock Q-mix 3-band EQ (pickups are too hot and preamp doesn't have enough headroom -at least on 9V- so it distorts if you push the EQ too far -endemic on many Q-mix equipped Yammies-) so I swapped it for an Artec SE-3 (also 3 band) preamp, more transparent, better frequency points and can handle the pickups' signal in full boost cleanly (still I include the stock Q-mix preamp in the case). Solid bass and a total Fender killer IME. Previous to this I've had a BB-425X (following generation to this) and the neck in this BB-615 I'm selling is thinner, almost Stingray5 thin (in fact this bass feels and plays a lot like my Stingray5s, but on a Fenderish kinda'   tone -but ballsier-). Comes with hard case. Asking 310GBP or 350EUR, the bass is in Madrid (SPAIN) but I'm willing to ship anywhere in the EU via UPS Standard for some 30GBP/35EUR more.
      Don't forget to check these SOUND SAMPLES OF THE BASS in action (5 loops of the chorus to GFR's "Please me" playing with the pickup blend in 5 positions, from all P to all J).

• By sprocketflup
      My herd thinning continues with this, a Yamaha RBX374.
      This is a really nice bass, in very, very good condition, plays well and has a monster sound. The two MM style pickups give access to a very large palette of tones, very impressive. Usually is with Yamaha instruments though I find.
      The pics speak for themselves.
      I'm based near Honiton if anyone wants to come have a noodle, and would prefer the bass be collected. I'm not averse to posting if need be though.

• By TJ Spicer
      Yamaha TRB6pII £1400
      Bought 2 years ago from The Gallery. It's a killer bass and super versatile with the piezo. The reason it's for sale is simply that I feel my MTD covers a lot of the ground that this bass covered, and I can't really justify having that many 'contemporary' style basses when they mostly get used in my own fusion project. 

It's in good condition, it was clearly gigged a lot before I owned it as the fretboard needed a good clean and I've gigged it quite a bit myself! A few dings particularly on the headstock from before I purchased it (I'm not sure how as I've never managed to hit the headstock on anything!). These can be seen in the photos.
      It's definitely not a 'light' bass, but something with this much wood really can't be expected to be, can it?
      Collection preferred, from Maidenhead (or Bath until October, by arrangement), but shipping is possible. It comes with a hard case, which I don't remember being original but I'll check (I never use hard cases...). 
      Thank you for looking! 
      T

• By King Tut
      Made in Taiwan, I believe in 1998. Alder body, four string. Three band active EQ with full passive bypass.
      The pickup selector switch has been professionally changed. Dunlop Straplocks fitted - the bloody screw broke off when I was putting the straplock on the top horn so this one has been moved over slightly.
      Some minor dings on the body, tiny bit of buckle rash on the back and some scratching around the bottom of the body - all pictured. A couple of tiny dinks on the back of the neck, near the nut, which I've tried to photograph but are really not very significant.
      Nice low buzz free action, 2mm at the twelfth fret, a little bit of fret wear shown but nothing significant. Could do with new strings. Slight crackle on bass control which disappears if you give it a couple of twists.
      Weight 8.6 lbs on bathroom scales.
      Comes with a free 'Aum' sticker for added serenity. This doesn't cover any nastiness and can be removed if preferred.
      Prefer pickup from Milton Keynes but can ship at buyers risk/cost. £250 £225 cash or Bank Transfer.
      This is a really fruity and resonant bass with no real issues. Truss rod works fine and the EQ is incredibly versatile. I'm reluctant to sell but my addictive personality has resulted in a collection that's way too big so some of my less collectible stuff has got to go. having said that, it's a lot of bass for the money so please don't offend me with silly offers. Only trades I'd consider would concern Canon full frame camera gear.
      If anyone wants any more pics, let me know. Thanks for looking and have a fab weekend!