Left leaderboard
MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By willellisbass
      Selling a beautiful Yamaha TRB-JP 2 6 String bass guitar in translucent dark red colour, the John Patitucci signature model. Amazing instrument, plays like a dream and sounds incredible through any amp. 
      Bought brand new in March 2019 and has only seen light bedroom usage.

Pickup only near Hull, East Yorkshire, thanks! 

Made In: Japan 
      Type: Bolt On 
      Body: Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple 
      Finish: Translucent Red 
      Neck: Maple 
      Fretboard: Ebony 
      Nº of Frets : 26 
      Scale: 35"

Preamp: Yamaha 3 band EQ 
      Type: Active 
      Pickups: Yamaha Custom Side-by-Side Type Double coil / Alnico V 
      Extras: Hardcase include

• By bassfan
      Edit: While there’s a bass for sale I would like to raise funds for on here all offers will be considered. Hit me up you never know! 

I have a very lovely example of a 1989 Yamaha Bb1100s for sale, in a very sought after white that’s aging nicely. This Bass really is lovely and in great condition for a 30yr old! Bought recently from @julesb of this very parish it’s cemented my love for PJ basses and this goes one step further being active/passive. It’s got a huge sound, nailing that P and with PJ selected it’s beautifully warm. It’s light weight, I’ll get a weight later, and very comfy to play with a nice slim j style neck . There’s a couple of marks nothing major at all and it’s all original. 
      I’ve just had it set up, new strings and comes with a lovely low action and functioning hard case. 
      Its a sale only and a regrettable one at that but I need to get some bits for a puppy we are about to take receipt of! Last in first out and all that. 
      I am happy to meet within a reasonable distance. I travel a bit so maybe near you soon! 
      Edit: I could now post at buyers cost, if you wish to arrange it .... 👍🏻
      Any questions hit me up! 

• By sprocketflup
      My herd thinning continues with this, a Yamaha RBX374.
      This is a really nice bass, in very, very good condition, plays well and has a monster sound. The two MM style pickups give access to a very large palette of tones, very impressive. Usually is with Yamaha instruments though I find.
      The pics speak for themselves.
      I'm based near Honiton if anyone wants to come have a noodle, and would prefer the bass be collected. I'm not averse to posting if need be though. Alternatively, I'm  on the road a fair bit with my band, and could bring this along to a gig should we be playing near you. Dates and venues here - http://cloudbusting.co.uk/dates

• By willellisbass
      Hi! 
      Up for sale is my mint condition Yamaha TRB-JP2 in the gorgeous Translucent Red colour.
      Bought brand new a few months back, only seen light home use. Selling to fund another bass buy.. same old problem! 
      Comes with hardshell case and case candy.
      Specs are listed below, any questions give me a shout! 
      Construction - Bolt-on
      Scale Length - 35" (889mm)
      Fingerboard - Ebony
      Radius - 40" (1000mm)
      Frets - 26
      Body - Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple
      Neck - Maple
      Bridge - Solid Brass
      Pickups - Side by Side Double Balancer, 3 Band EQ
      Controls - Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3 Band EQ

• By Nevieth
      Neck-thru-Body
      Scale Length 33-7/8" (860mm)
      Neck Maple/ Mahogany
      Fingerboard Ebony
      Nut Width 2-3/16" (56mm)
      Radius 39" (1000mm)
      Frets 24
      Body Figured Maple/ Rose/ Maple
      Bridge BPZ-6 (with Piezo)
      Pickups Single Coil x 2, Piezo Pickup
      Pickup Switch 2 Balancer
      Controls 5-Control System
      Hardware Gold
      Color Translucent Blue
      Piezo Pickups in Solid Brass Bridge
      The piezo pickups used on the TRB models use individual bimorphous piezo elements for each string, all built into a specially designed bridge which is machined from solid brass.
      Figured Maple Body with Thru-neck Construction
      The TRB-series basses feature figured maple bodies that offer the requisite tone as well as outstanding visual appeal.
      Neck-thru Models
      Because piezo pickups directly pick up the resonance of the instrument body, the body itself must be made from the finest woods and designed to deliver rich, deep tone. The neck-thru design of theses basses affords the best possible foundation for this amazing sound.Finish is transparent blue turquoise.
      A lovely instrument ! I'm only really selling it as I don't have space for 3 basses plus guitars and this is by far the biggest I own.