Why become a member? Read more... ×
Commercial Opportunities Read more... ×
MDWagstaff

Yamaha TRBX600 series NEW

18 minutes ago, MDWagstaff said:

The question is, how long do we have to wait?

In a dealer? Anywhere between tomorrow and next year xD

It's good to see Yamaha pushing forward with new models though. They really are one of the best bang-for-buck brands 

Ah, saw the ad on Facebook and started salivating immediately! As soon as they’re available I want one, the amber burst looks gorgeous and I think looks so much nicer than the new BB range.

Anyone know when they’re likely to arrive and get in the shops?

Electronics look the same as (or very close to) the 5 series. Anybody else happen to think the cheaper 3 series sounded better though?!

Yeah the Matte Amber looks the business. Why it’s taken them so long to do this I don’t know.

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

7 minutes ago, Machines said:

Just looks like the old TRB in a new shape.

The trbx came from a blending of the trb and rbx body shapes

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hopefully better than the TRBX500 series.  I can’t say I was impressed at all with the 500 I had. It sounded quite bland and I didn’t regard the build quality to be any better than my Ibanez SR300, and I think the Ibanez actually sounded better.

I have to agree. I tried one out in Yamaha Music London about 3 years ago. One of the staff set me up in a lovely isolated booth, plugged into a good mixer & PA at moderate volume and it just sounded a bit dull to my ears. A shame as I quite liked the ergonomics.

I tried a 500 series last year and was most unimpressed with the sound and feel. I'm a huge fan of the original TRB I basses. They sounded and felt very special. I know the on board electronics could be a little noisy but it was easy to sort. I really wish Yamaha would take those basses in to account. I understand it's about moving forward as a company as well but the TRB I's were so right in my opinion, of course. The new Yamaha basses look ace but I have to be honest, the sound on the TRBX600 being demonstrated left me feeling cold. I'd still like to try one.

Most people gravitated towards the 500 series over the 300 due to it's nicer finish, active/passive switching, a 'grown up'  EQ rather than 'Fisher Price My First Active Bass' preset system, and the belief that the higher price reflected a higher quality bass.

However when I gave the 300 series a bash I instantly thought it was the better sounding instrument and those presets were pretty handy too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Javi Rod
      I sell my Yamaha Attitude Ltd3 (year 2017) in very good or new condition.
      Description:
      Attitude’s low-end is powerful and bold, yet tight and controlled. The highs are clear and musical and the mid drives with a power rarely heard. The latest technology, including our spline jointed body and exclusive ARE and IRA wood treatments together with newly designed pickups and a totally reworked neck joint make this bass something else. And with Billy’s involvement every step of
      the way, playability is like no other guitar. It’s clearly an Attitude, but it’s an Attitude like you’ve never heard it before.

ATTITUDE LIMITED 3 General specifications Scale Length 34" (863.6mm) Fingerboard Maple Radius 10" (250mm) Frets 21 Body Alder (Spline Joint) Neck Maple Bridge Solid Brass Pickups Yamaha Custom Woofer Pickup (Front), DiMarzio WillPower (Middle) Controls Front Volume, Front Tone, Rear Volume, Woofer Hi Cut Switc      
      ( https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_basses/attltd3/features.html#product-tabs), I'm selling for 1.750 £ or 2.000€.
      (Price Drop 1.700 £ ,  UK Shipping cost incl.)

Also comes with a original Hard case, tools and certificates of authenticity.
      It is protected with hard case and a cardboard box and can be sent anywhere in Europe. Of course the bass can be tried in the city of Toledo (Spain). Please contact by mail or mp:
      mail: [email protected]
      All photos: 
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1GG8Z-_mqtBBsBaTIAwhxSdpAl1-lCsUg
      Regards!!

• By BassApprentice
      HEY YOU! YES YOU!
      Do you have a bass? Great start, but I bet your bass isn't as cool as this bass! (IT IS CALLED A SAMURAI BASS AND HAS BLUE STRINGS TOO). 
      Dr. Who plays the guitar version, doesn't get much cooler than that. 
      For sale today for you lucky buyers is a Yamaha SBV500, you won't see many of these going for sale outside Japan these days. 
      It's basically a jazz bass but 9000% cooler. Slim neck and Volume Volume Tone controls. This one has also been nicely routed for a battery compartment for active electronics. I still have the EMG-BQC active preamp that was in it if the buyer wants it (adds another 500 cool points). Its been gigged (not by me), so there are a few scuffs and scrapes but that doesn't affect the playability at all. Happy to show more detail if photos I've added aren't enough
      I have a box so it will be well packed so can post at buyers expense/risk. Price now includes delivery!
      Feel free to ask any questions!

• By BassyDave
      Yamaha RBX6JM - John Myung signature series 6 string bass in Turquoise Blue.    Alder body with figured maple top. 24 fret, 35” scale maple neck. Ebony fretboard with Abalone inlay.    Gold Hardware with volume, pan, bass, mid and treble boost/cut control. Solid Brass bridge. 2 dual coil active alnico pickups.    3-band active circuit upgraded to 18v Schack circuit by The Bass Gallery in Camden. The Schack circuit has variable frequencies on all 3 bands, the internal dip switches allow you to dial into different frequencies which you than boost or cut externally.   Excellent condition and includes Hiscox Hard case.  
    • By Simonsbass
      Yamaha bb1200s peter hooks favorite bass! 
      Neck through made in Japan 
      Could do with a setup, the electronics work fine, the mini toggle that switches between active and passive is a bit loose but still works and I’m sure this is an easy fix 
      collection from Brighton or I can ship at buyers expense 
      Hiscox case not included in the sale

• By Mr Bassman
      Little used flight case for the SLB200
      Fits the bass in it's gig bag with room for the stand and a spare pair of shoes.
      Has wheels at one end. More photos available.
      The only one I could find online doesn't fit the gig bag. https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ikebe/item/ikebe_original_slb-200/
      Collect or meet up in Yorkshire or buyer to arrange own courier.