Why become a member? ×

A case for every bass?

TheGreek

At home or when 'out', all are in hard cases or 'soft' cases (better protection than hard cases..!), except for the OLP Baritone (gig bag...) and the Verithin (she [i]has [/i]a hard case, but is suspended on the wall behind me, for convenience...). Guitars too, of course, and drums, naturally.

[quote name='LITTLEWING' timestamp='1504351402' post='3364290']
I got two basses on the wall on hangers for those quick 'working things out' moments and two sitting in hard cases ready for gigs. I couldn't relax on a journey if my basses were in gig bags, however much they're padded. I can always see something falling over and cracking the neck off.
[/quote]

Exactly the same here.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1504303802' post='3364074']
It's useful to have a load of familiar bass cases hanging around in various rooms in the house - for stealth purposes. Some of 'em may have basses in them, some of them may not, who knows..?? :biggrin:
[/quote]

that bass honey, THAT one? err my friend Phil asked me to do a setup on it for him. Yeah and that one too .....

Had forgotten about this thread.

My instruments all stay in their cases with one exception. My Explorer-y bass thing, which already weighs a ton, has a necessarily HUGE hard case made by 5 sar cases in Ely (excellent cases!) and the case weighs a lot more than the bass. The combined weight is more than I can comfortably carry these days and I havent found a gig bag that will fit!

I have a case for pretty much every instrument i own, the vast majority of them are Hiscox Liteflite, the few that don't have hard cases it's usually because a decent hard case isn't available or the instrument is so cheap that the case would be more than the instrument cost.

I've got a double height rack/shelving unit in my study that holds everything neatly, and there is usually a couple of instruments on stands for easy access. i'm in the middle of a re-build of the study at the moment, when it's finished i might post a pic.

Matt

Edited by Matt P

I have 3 cases.
1 that came with my 2nd hand Jaydee
1 that came with my Overwater 6er but also used for my Fenders. (shaped style case)
1 for my other Overwater due to length of headstock and my Warwick Thumb altho i need to add additional packing for the Warwick. (square style case)

I use a gig bag for rehearsals tho as there's no great risk of damage.

If a bass fits the shaped case i use that as its easier to handle and lighter.

Considered getting proper flightcase for my Warwick cause its now quite a rare bass in great condition and standard cases are usually too wide for it.

Other than that don't see a need for one case per bass. Mine all hang on wall in the Bass Cave.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

If I had a case for every bass and guitar, there wouldn't be any room in the house for me (and, more importantly, Mrs Zero).

Most of the basses live hanging from walls. The ones I use regularly (two) sit in cases, as does my Variax guitar and one acoustic guitar (and the Esh Poseidon V which I really must get round to selling). There are two cases upstairs to transport any ad hoc basses I may want to take somewhere. The neck of the 7-string is too wide to fit in a hanger, and I've run out of space for hangers anyway.