Why become a member? ×

You sure mate? £8500?

It is a bespoke instrument with celebrity endorsement and show history plus being a one off direct from the luthier. If this was, say, a Wal or a Ritter, I don't think you'd be questioning the price tag. Personally I've never heard of KD Basses so don't know any more about these other than what's in the ad.

I quite like it, fortunately (for me anyway) I don't have £8.5K to spend on a new bass.

[quote name='Hellzero' timestamp='1495535431' post='3304479']
I also think he knows nothing about Picasso as it's more Bauhaus minded, but I quite like it too... Fortunately for me, it's missing one string. ;-)
[/quote]

Picasso? Bauhaus?

That's pure Piet Mondrian ...

I really love the look of it and it certainly seems to have had plenty of time and effort put in to the build as well as qualty materials, hardware etc. When you look at the price some of the exotic/boutique bases change hands for these days I dont think the price is too unrealistic except that it is missing the name like Fodera or Ritter.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1495548822' post='3304666']

Picasso? Bauhaus?

That's pure Piet Mondrian ...
[/quote]

It's not sufficiently precise and methodical to be Piet Mondrian, it's between Victor Vasarelly and Paul Klee, so definitely Bauhaus especially the fact that the object has a form dictated by its function, so it can be integrated in its environment as an object for use that meets art by the function.

So pure Bauhaus and doctor Caligari is crazy, not Francis.