Why become a member? ×

I've been granted credit at GAK ,!

Tuco

Thought I was blacklisted as far as credit / finance is concerned due to a mobile phone bill(s) a couple of years ago, so it was with tongue planted firmly in cheek when I tried to get a Bass Whammy on the knock from G.A.K.
BUT THEY ONLY BLOODY WENT FOR IT!!
Only drawback being : I have to 'borrow' at least £250. The Bass Whammy is £139 so I've a bit to play with IF I decide to throw caution to the wind and go for it.
You know what tho?? There really is NOTHING I particularly want / need (except the Whammy, I stupidly sold mine recently and have SERIOUS sellers remorse!!!) without spending TOO much.
I thought about a Dirty Robot but being a BSW owner, decided against.
I also thought about a Freqout but jogged that idea on.
A superego would be nice but being a Freeze owner yada yada (plus at £199 it's a trifle expensive).
I also toyed with the idea of a 3 way crossover so I could finally build that 3 stack system of my dreams, but decided against that for s few reasons Hahahahahaha
What made the shortlist is a Boss RC3 looper. I'm sure I could utilise one, not for soloing over myself (I'm no soloist) but just to add some weird textures to some tracks in my electronica outfit.
Any thoughts for or against anything chaps and chapesses ??
Any bright ideas before I tick that 'I have read the t&c' box ??

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1495397226' post='3303492']
I think it's nought per cent finance atm
[/quote]
Not so bad then, but if the OP is having to think of things to buy then they aren't really needed so will still end up costing more. But then I don't do credit, I have a mortgage but other than that I don't owe anyone a penny and don't like the thought of it, bit old fashioned in that way I suppose.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1495401290' post='3303523']
Positive thing is if you go for it and keep up with the payment plan it will help your credit rating quite a bit
[/quote]
Believe it or not, this is the main reason I wanted to do it

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1495403243' post='3303545']
I do I did it some time ago I had no credit rating as I did not owe any money on loans and hp or other stuff
[/quote]
Same boat as me mate
The ONLY credit I ever had was my mortgage and I sold my house in 2003

how about a USB recording interface? something like a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Great for recording that groove you just came up with or for recording ideas as you have them.

failing that then a few sets of your favorite strings is a good call.

i've seen some of these credit options, and as soon as i've decided exactly what i want i'll be doing the same, PMT offer 0% over 9 months which is really rather good, it works out as 10 payments including the deposit, i might not be able to find say 300 quid right now but 30 a month for 10 months is far easier to come up with.

Matt

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1495402965' post='3303540']

Believe it or not, this is the main reason I wanted to do it
[/quote]

This for me too. I've only recently using a credit card as a mortgage company see the difference between a very good credit rating and a too credit rating.

As long as your not going takes years to pay it back then it's worth I'd tempted to get something that I would probably never get normally! What's the worst that will happen? You well sell it a few months down the line for a few quid less? No biggie

Not to be another Mr. Party Pooper, but you're knowingly getting into more debt than you need to in order to show how good you are at paying it back... is that correct? Genuine question. (The whammy bar is a given on the assumption that you need it for something you're planning to do.)

Edited by leftybassman392

If it was one of my kids (aged 21 & 19) who thought it was a good idea to so this, I'd tell them that if you can't manage to save up £139 over a two or three months to buy the thing outright, then buying £250 worth of kit it on the never never is not a good idea. As you're not one of my kids, I'd suggest buying a zoom H2 for recording rehearsals & gigs and a spare heavy duty guitar cable to make up the difference.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1495404563' post='3303552']
I'm pretty sure one of GAK's guitar bods is a member here, so you might find you're not getting credit after all 😬
[/quote]
I GOT DECLINED !!
I get an email this morning revoking it!!
WTF.?
Oh well, I put a few pedals up for sale / trade in EFS
I WILL HAVE ANOTHER WHAMMY,!!!

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1495461270' post='3303894']
(The whammy bar is a given on the assumption that you need it for something you're planning to do.)
[/quote]
Yes!!
I actually came up with a great (even if I do say so myself) idea using the Whammy I previously owned !
I reiterate how stupid I was selling it!
Don't know WHAT I was thinking!!
HAVE to get one!!!

Try registering with Experian & find out your exact position - I did this a few years back when I got a current account declined by Santander - found out that my current flat has a debt history longer than the M5 - got it sorted in the end, but Experian (free on first sign-up) was really helpful.

:ph34r:

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1495396898' post='3303487']
Thought I was blacklisted as far as credit / finance is concerned due to a mobile phone bill(s) a couple of years ago, so it was with tongue planted firmly in cheek when I tried to get a Bass Whammy on the knock from G.A.K.
BUT THEY ONLY BLOODY WENT FOR IT!!
Only drawback being : I have to 'borrow' at least £250. The Bass Whammy is £139 so I've a bit to play with IF I decide to throw caution to the wind and go for it.
You know what tho?? There really is NOTHING I particularly want / need (except the Whammy, I stupidly sold mine recently and have SERIOUS sellers remorse!!!) without spending TOO much.
I thought about a Dirty Robot but being a BSW owner, decided against.
I also thought about a Freqout but jogged that idea on.
A superego would be nice but being a Freeze owner yada yada (plus at £199 it's a trifle expensive).
I also toyed with the idea of a 3 way crossover so I could finally build that 3 stack system of my dreams, but decided against that for s few reasons Hahahahahaha
What made the shortlist is a Boss RC3 looper. I'm sure I could utilise one, not for soloing over myself (I'm no soloist) but just to add some weird textures to some tracks in my electronica outfit.
Any thoughts for or against anything chaps and chapesses ??
Any bright ideas before I tick that 'I have read the t&c' box ??
[/quote]

I would say you're better off without credit.