Why become a member? ×

Blast From The Past

blue

Sort of looking for attention,admittedly.

Many of us 60 plus guys reference the old days. This pic showed up on Facebook today and went viral amongst all my old mates.

To me the pic brings back great memories and how marvelous the last 55 years of playing ha been. Looks like I had sort of a Liverpool look thing going on, LOL

I'm the guy in the upper right corner.I had already been playing for several years. I was a High School freshman in this pic.

The pic paints a picture or explains why I'm somewhat stuck in the past.

When you look at the me, upper right, remember I have the same enthusiasm for playing now as I did back in 1969 (the date in the pic is wrong). Me and Doug, the guy playing the Fender Mustang talk to each other on a daily basis.

The Yellow MIJ Fender Tele Bass Bass pic is from 2016

Blue aka Daryl

Edited by blue

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1479704949' post='3178545']
awesome stage setup !

public liability insurance anyone?

we didn't worry about such things back then, and yes, they WERE the good ol days :)
[/quote]

You are right, there was nothing supporting that back drop behind the risers.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1479700522' post='3178541']
Sort of looking for attention,admittedly.

Many of us 60 plus guys reference the old days. This pic showed up on Facebook today and went viral amongst all my old mates.

To me the pic brings back great memories and how marvelous the last 55 years of playing ha been. Looks like I had sort of a Liverpool look thing going on, LOL

I'm the guy in the upper right corner.I had already been playing for several years. I was a High School freshman in this pic.

The pic paints a picture or explains why I'm somewhat stuck in the past.

When you look at the me, upper right, remember I have the same enthusiasm for playing now as I did back in 1969 (the date in the pic is wrong). Me and Doug, the guy playing the Fender Mustang talk to each other on a daily basis.

The Yellow MIJ Fender Tele Bass Bass pic is from 2016

Blue aka Daryl
[/quote]

That's really cool! :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1479741130' post='3178871']
That is [i]very [/i]cool. And - surprise, surprise - you're rocking a Hofner. :)
[/quote]

That's a cheap knock off my mom bought for me.

I own the real deal now. A limited edition Hofner Club bass made in Germany.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1479747780' post='3178942']
That's a cheap knock off my mom bought for me.
[/quote]

Even so it looks good in combination with your smart vest and generally dandy-ish appearance.

Apropos of nothing, I just recently found a box containing the component parts of my first electric guitar from 1976. Jedson (Teisco?) Telecaster knock off. Played it on my first (and last) school gig. Must have stripped it down about 35 years ago and forgotten I had it it.

A project for the winter. :)