Why become a member? ×

jazz debate

civilian_project

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1472767046' post='3124173']

The Overwater J's sound very, very good but they all seem to be on the heavy side (around 10lbs to 12lbs on their website) so, sadly, I'll never own one.
[/quote]

It's a shame, but that's what ruled them out for me too.

Well, I have 3 atm. A Squier Silver Series, a Sandberg California II with EMG X pickups added and a custom ACG with the basic SEQ filter preamp. All slightly different but good in their own way (successfully avoided answering the question there).

[attachment=226959:SSSJ 01.jpg] [attachment=226960:LR Sandberg California II TT 01.jpg] [attachment=226961:ACG Standard J Type 03 lo res.jpg]

If you made me pick one then I'd say ACG closely followed by the Cali II. Sorry, no idea why two pics are rotated?

Edited by ead

• 1 month later...

Really like my Sadowsky Metro. Beautiful grain, outstanding playability, exceptionally well made, lightweight at 8.5lb, a fantastic preamp with a VTC (switchable to passive if desired and fairly transparent), and good resale value if it comes to that, given that I bought it secondhand.