Why become a member? ×

Band Logos on Cab grilles?

operative451

So, i'm totally doing work and everything, with my 'Later - Louder' DVD on in the background, and my attention was caught by the jolly chaps of the Jesus and Mary Chain, and also the Metallicas, who had stuff stencilled on their speaker cabs, for instance [url="http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b7/c8/6d/b7c86d0f7221f9f65542c2431ba1547d.jpg"]this one[/url], and also [url="http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jcf9-W8wFx4/hqdefault.jpg"]this one[/url].

Has anyone done similar, and if so, how? One way i thought of would be to spray the whole grille white, then to get some big stick on letters, stick them on, and spray it black again. Although i would need several 8x10s to fit 'Intermittent Explosive Disorder' on, but hey...

No need to spray 2 times, just get some stencils and spray each letter or have a custom stencil made in a graphic store with your band's logo.

Another option (non invasive and fully reversible) is to have the logo printed/stenciled/painted in a piece of cloth and cover the grill with that.

Howdy fellas,

I'm working on this very thing at the moment - full colour printed acoustically transparent mesh that's easily fixed to the cab grille & also removable, along with standing slightly proud of the grille to ensure no unsightly bulges where the makers badge is 😀

As Andy kindly says I'm just working on final samples & am doing the house PA at a festival next weekend. Once I ensure they're up to scratch they'll be up on www.gig.ink

I'm behind SCRATCH-IT! by the way, generating bespoke & custom scratchplates, but am expanding the range to offer these alongside the plates.

Apols for blatant sales pitch.

Cheers
Tim

Oh, im on my mobile at the mo but will post a pic tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about 😉

[quote name='TimAl' timestamp='1470252109' post='3104531']
Howdy fellas,

I'm working on this very thing at the moment - full colour printed acoustically transparent mesh that's easily fixed to the cab grille & also removable, along with standing slightly proud of the grille to ensure no unsightly bulges where the makers badge is

As Andy kindly says I'm just working on final samples & am doing the house PA at a festival next weekend. Once I ensure they're up to scratch they'll be up on www.gig.ink

I'm behind SCRATCH-IT! by the way, generating bespoke & custom scratchplates, but am expanding the range to offer these alongside the plates.

Apols for blatant sales pitch.

Cheers
Tim

Oh, im on my mobile at the mo but will post a pic tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about
[/quote]

Looks like a great idea Tim - good luck with it. I will be checking those grille covers out when they are up.

I stencilled the Planet Rock logo onto my old Laney 4x10 a few years back, looks great, but the cab sounded ropy so I never see it now!

[URL=http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/Mkul0/media/PR%20logo_zpsreacmxrx.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h391/Mkul0/PR%20logo_zpsreacmxrx.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks Mykesbass - I think this could be very interesting as I know of Band Scrims but mine will be easily fixable & removable plus you can upload your own artwork online once I get the website up-n-running.

Here's a pic of what I'm currently testing - excuse the in-yer-face graphics but the object was to make it stand out :)

[quote name='TimAl' timestamp='1470301248' post='3104833']
Thanks Mykesbass - I think this could be very interesting as I know of Band Scrims but mine will be easily fixable & removable plus you can upload your own artwork online once I get the website up-n-running.

Here's a pic of what I'm currently testing - excuse the in-yer-face graphics but the object was to make it stand out :)

[/quote]

That's really cool. I'm pretty sure you'll do very well with it. Best of luck.

I just printed an image onto a projector transparency and then cut out the relevant sections to make a stencil. I stuck it on the grille with masking tape and masked off the rest of the grille and had at it with a can of spray paint.

[quote name='TimAl' timestamp='1470301248' post='3104833']

[/quote]

Hmmm, might just keep my Genzs with you coming up with this cunning plan.

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1470390769' post='3105648']
Thanks for these! I will be checking back on the website to see when the logo bit starts working... :D Also i need to work out what to actually put on the grille..!
[/quote]
Brilliant - thanks operative451 - I'm giving the cab covers an outing at a festival next weekend, just to ensure they pass the usability & durability kind of issues & then full steam ahead - but thanks for your support.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1470349614' post='3105489']
Hmmm, might just keep my Genzs with you coming up with this cunning plan.
[/quote]
Thanks Karl, although I think the thought of you keeping any kit that isn't Seafoam Green for long is somewhat remote - although my covers are removable Hehe.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1470354525' post='3105505']
Just lusting after Tim's Jack bass...
[/quote]
IT'S STILL HERE! Hahaha. You know I do keep coming back to it, something about that tone that's so different to anything else I've got. I'm suffering from Karlitis & am now not fussed about selling it at all ;)

Cheers fellas and lady - merry weekend all

Edited by TimAl