Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

9 minutes ago, keziahj said:

is it possible to switch the order of the pedals with the ML5? Thanks!

As in MorningStar ML5? I think it’s a midi switcher so while I’m guessing it can change parameters etc I don’t have first hand experience using one. I don’t use midi on my board as it’s a much more meagre looking creation than some of these big boys. 

F18E91C2-182E-49E6-891F-6B38A57935F5.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aliwobble said:

Dragged my big board out of storage recently for a rehearsal. 

Ok, so it's a bit of a tiddler compared to some of the monsters on here recently. I've gone for classy and portable.  Power is through a Strymon Zuma on the underside.  This does everything I need, and I can pick it up in one hand at the end of the night.  My first chorus was a Carl Martin, so it's nice to have one on board again even though  the Corona and mxr bcd were both very good.

20240312_144143.jpg

The Carl Martin Bass Chorus is one of those "why, why, why on earth did I ever sell that????" pedals... a real beauty of a unit

• Like 2

My most recent update. I am not sure if I prefer the DCX before or after the Cali76. I usually have it right after the tuner. Yesterday I was trying to put it after the Cali and I am not 100% convinced. I should continue to experiment.

Relay G30-->Polytune 3-->Cali76-->DCX Bass-->HX Stomp

Pedal.thumb.png.f5114076fa83056e7e87812d51c5c537.png

• Like 6

13 hours ago, glassmoon said:

The Carl Martin Bass Chorus is one of those "why, why, why on earth did I ever sell that????" pedals... a real beauty of a unit

Funnily enough, the exact unit that I sold about 8 years ago has just come up second hand locally here in nz. It is the older style with the mains power wired in which was one of the reasons I sold it in the first place.

• Like 1

IMG_2987.thumb.jpeg.c0a4f2beefd4f6ab6ae3ace1832c6dfb.jpeg

My humble little board I made this morning when I woke up at stupid o’clock. 

I like playing with 2 dirt sounds. One always on that just gives me some bite (pre-amp pedal). Then one full on to make children cry. 

But I can’t fit my Big Muff Pi or Hotwax on here as it is a teenie tiny Pedaltrain Nano. 

So, going to use the distortion on the Battalion as my real dirt sound. 

IMG_2989.thumb.jpeg.2ea2d9b2fd8c468d1a7af5b682b66442.jpeg

These boys and girls (plus 2 not in photo as at my mates house) would love to join in.

Maybe a new board for guitar/lap steel a should be made? 

• Like 6

On 13/03/2024 at 10:56, Aliwobble said:

Funnily enough, the exact unit that I sold about 8 years ago has just come up second hand locally here in nz. It is the older style with the mains power wired in which was one of the reasons I sold it in the first place.

Trade Me special. 

“mains power wired in” 

what does this mean? No battery? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagman said:

Trade Me special. 

“mains power wired in” 

what does this mean? No battery? 

Yes there's no battery option, the pedal is powered by a built in cable that plugs directly into a plug socket so is being powered by the mains voltage. The pedal will have some voltage protection/reduction such as a step down transformer built into the circuit.

I think mains powered pedals are normally built that way due to specific voltage requirements or they need more current than most power supplies can offer.

• Like 1

Spent first half of afternoon restringing and cleaning my P bass. Then second half trying to fit another dirt pedal on my nano board. 

Just squeezed Big Muff Pi on. 

Then raised the back of the board by cutting out some door stoppers and putting them on over the back feet. 

Finally stuck the power unit on the underside. 

Hope my boss isn’t a member of this forum…

IMG_3013.thumb.jpeg.fabf9f65be072dad3051f7f7bf3e8ab2.jpegIMG_3015.thumb.jpeg.6a78f08554614b7c24db0ebe0b58f36f.jpeg
IMG_3014.thumb.jpeg.cac120f018accfdeb4f43dee45d6b4d9.jpeg

Edited by Nothingman
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 04/10/2023 at 23:05, jimbobothy said:

0EF1DD6B-C438-4DB4-8F58-EC0024ED09D2.thumb.jpeg.de794a7ca1ab76c73b658e1f09cd8eb3.jpeg

9D9271EE-1446-4BB3-8E63-7D25ED2A45EB.thumb.jpeg.14d8c484b89f3ed929e8dd3d692ea78c.jpeg

Having tried this it’s just as epic and beautiful as it looks

Edited by LukeFRC
Ie - having tried Jim’s board - I’ve not build one like this myself!!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bagman said:

Thanks. 
so unlikely to be friendly on a pedal board would be a fair estimate? 

Not necessarily, if you’ve got a couple of power sockets within easy reach of your pedal board you can plug the mains powered pedal into that and your pedal board supply to the other one.

Or just do what I do and use a 4 way extension cable to sit behind the board and power both the pedal and board from that keeping the leads nice and short. I’ve got a T Rex power supply for most pedals and a separate supply for the Markbass Compressor as that has specific power requirements. 

Edited by Bassybert
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bagman said:

Thanks. 
so unlikely to be friendly on a pedal board would be a fair estimate? 

When I sold it I was trying to build a board that would run happily off a Volto so it did work for that.  Now that I'm plugging the Zuma into the wall with a stacking plug it would be fine.

Amazing sounding pedal though.

• Like 2

miniaturised the setup this week. Gone from a pedalboard Classic Junior to a Metro 16. I have removed a couple of pedals and swapped a few bits out that I wasn't really using much. so chain now is:

Tuner (always had what tuning I'm in on it, due to a brain fart at a gig many years ago that I never want to repeat)

"Erronaut " which is a Dunwich CTG PCB (DOD 250 & DS-1 & clean in parallel) which my last board had both pedals on instead. assembled and artwork by me, the name is my band.

Damnation Blooper with Megalithic (clone of a mountain king megalith but with the heavy switch always on to reduce size) in the loop

EQD Grand Orbiter

Boss BF-2

Thumpinator (under the board)

Broughton SV-PRE

Omni IR (cab sim)