Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I had a similar Eden head for ages in my younger days - I really liked it, especially the mid scoop sound the ‘Enhance’ use to give (although I eventually realised it also used to make get lost in the mix). I absolutely love the look of the Caveman Bass rack Mark King is using on tour at the mo - that’s got the lot

TBF I do find with most amps I barely change the EQ, sometimes bump low mids or Cut treble slightly but that’s usually it. Not a single person had said that they need any extra EQ with the BP1 tho (and I have active EQ on my main gigging bass anyway) - I’m very close to ordering one 😆 It’s this or the Jad Freer Capo, but the month plus wait for the Capo (and all the Good feedback!) is pushing me to the BP1. I will likely get the compact version, just a financial decision but it still sounds great on all the demos I’ve heard

Having spent the last couple of hours reading through this thread , i'm absolutely astounded by the size and complexity of some of these boards! Some real beauties in there.

I bet you're all pretty good at riverdance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Here's the latest iteration of my pedalboard. As you can see I am limiting myself to boss pedals at the moment (apart from the thumpinator). I have just today replaced my LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer with the more advanced — and hopefully less hissy BC-1X Bass Comp. I also have a CEB-3 Bass chorus which I took off the board when I bought the AW-3 Dynamic Wah recently.

As my board (The most excellent Harley Benton Spaceship Power 50C) has now run out of space, I'll try to not aquire any new pedals for a while, however if a secondhand BB-X1 Bass driver in excellent condition pops up at a good price, the Monte Allum modded ODB-3 might be evicted depending on the results of a shootout.

pedalboard.thumb.jpg.f551e59f0c79e37c26b4a03288e14cbc.jpg

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard
  • Like 9

My Caveman Audio BP1 Compact arrived this week - and all I can say is WOW 🤩 All the words people use to describe it that do sound a little bit generic (like ‘it sounds so clear without being harsh’ and ‘it just makes you sound better’) make perfect sense once you’ve played through it.

I actually don’t really know how best to describe it, it wasn’t until I’d practiced for a few hours that I really started to understand it - it’s not just a sound, it’s how it feels under your fingers, it almost changes the way you play the to a degree because it makes he dynamics & subtleties of your playing shine through. Combined with a bit of the Marcus Miller-esque sizzle from the SBP-2 and the well known benefits of the Cali76, I reckon I’m pretty satisfied with my board. I’m gonna get a HX Stomp (or similar - any suggestions for any alternative that’s good for bass, like the Hotone Ampero, Headrush gigboard etc, are very welcome) for Dep gigs which I do quite a lot of, but for now I think I’m done….. 🤞 🤪 

B86B806E-681C-4C8F-A103-BA096317642E.thumb.jpeg.3e1e28e88490976ea955b6c6fc3180a6.jpeg

• Like 12

After selling off a medium sized board with effects that I simply never used I have built up a high quality small board for amp less church worship dates running direct to PA.

Optical compressor - tuner - API preamp - passive di box.

DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.1f7fa61300a80dc6722158d7e054f126.JPG

• Like 6

Love the Union LAB, I’ve just got a couple of Lutishand Alma Mk 1 units (early and late versions) and I love how optical

compressors sound. May put one on a church board of mine, an Empress bass compressor is on there though so they might have to take turns lol 😝 

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

Love the Union LAB, I’ve just got a couple of Lutishand Alma Mk 1 units (early and late versions) and I love how optical

compressors sound. May put one on a church board of mine, an Empress bass compressor is on there though so they might have to take turns lol 😝 

One at the start and one at the end?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Paddy777 said:

My Caveman Audio BP1 Compact arrived this week - and all I can say is WOW 🤩 All the words people use to describe it that do sound a little bit generic (like ‘it sounds so clear without being harsh’ and ‘it just makes you sound better’) make perfect sense once you’ve played through it.

I actually don’t really know how best to describe it, it wasn’t until I’d practiced for a few hours that I really started to understand it - it’s not just a sound, it’s how it feels under your fingers, it almost changes the way you play the to a degree because it makes he dynamics & subtleties of your playing shine through. Combined with a bit of the Marcus Miller-esque sizzle from the SBP-2 and the well known benefits of the Cali76, I reckon I’m pretty satisfied with my board. I’m gonna get a HX Stomp (or similar - any suggestions for any alternative that’s good for bass, like the Hotone Ampero, Headrush gigboard etc, are very welcome) for Dep gigs which I do quite a lot of, but for now I think I’m done….. 🤞 🤪 

B86B806E-681C-4C8F-A103-BA096317642E.thumb.jpeg.3e1e28e88490976ea955b6c6fc3180a6.jpeg

Id love to try one out beside the Simone preamp as it does that wonderful thing of making the perceived 'bandwidth' open up compared to playing via the amp alone. I love preamps and this Caveman one really appeals but I just couldn't justify one right now unless someone buys my Colourbox v.2 preamp to free up funds!

54 minutes ago, krispn said:

Id love to try one out beside the Simone preamp as it does that wonderful thing of making the perceived 'bandwidth' open up compared to playing via the amp alone. I love preamps and this Caveman one really appeals but I just couldn't justify one right now unless someone buys my Colourbox v.2 preamp to free up funds!

Well if you’re anywhere near the North East you’re welcome to come and have a go! lol 😆 

On 25/10/2023 at 17:00, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

...however if a secondhand BB-X1 Bass driver in excellent condition pops up at a good price, the Monte Allum modded ODB-3 might be evicted depending on the results of a shootout.

pedalboard.thumb.jpg.f551e59f0c79e37c26b4a03288e14cbc.jpg

just snagged a BB-X1 at a good price on ebay - hopefully it'll be here in time to test it out before Saturday's gig.

• Like 3

I'm selling almost all of my pedalboard and exchanging for an HX Effects tomorrow, but keeping my VTBass DI. I used to hate the idea of multi-effects units but here we are, and I'm really excited. Probably won't be very excited once I start to try and use the thing. I've been advised to get HX Edit, as much as I'd like to just do it all on the unit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeresaFR said:

I'm selling almost all of my pedalboard and exchanging for an HX Effects tomorrow, but keeping my VTBass DI. I used to hate the idea of multi-effects units but here we are, and I'm really excited. Probably won't be very excited once I start to try and use the thing. I've been advised to get HX Edit, as much as I'd like to just do it all on the unit.

I had a friend who has the hx effects it’s really not that hard to program, also 100% worth learning to use the menus in the unit just incase you need to live 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

you'll have fun :)  how complex a pedal board will you be making with it? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

you'll have fun :)  how complex a pedal board will you be making with it? 

Oh, probably nothing particularly complex. I like a simple setup, having been using just a compressor, chorus, flanger and delay along with the preamp with some drive dialed in. I might add a reverse delay and a synth for some extra flavour. I doubt the HXFX is going to even remotely be pushed to it's limits.

Little Boss board:

20231031_204859.thumb.jpg.4b6cffc4f97075627f46dff1daa2069e.jpg

This is probably about as far as I'm gonna go with my Boss fad. 

I've got the AW-3 for sale, a C4 will cover for this and an OC5 that @Al Krow kindly let me borrow. The C4 will ruin the Boss aesthetic but gets the job done in one pedal. 

My Amp has decent EQ/Drive/DI so I don't really need those things as a pedal, would be nice to stomp on some distortion though so perhaps an ODB-3 or a BB-1X at some point. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Chadu25 said:

Updated board. Just got the Stomp and the dual switch from bright onion pedals.

Still keeping the C4 as the OC-2, filters and other synth presets I have there are unmatched.

IMG20231101130246-01.jpeg

IMG20231101123700-01.jpeg

Can you change presets on C4 with the stomp?