Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='170460' date='Apr 5 2008, 09:45 PM']odb-3, good man

hows the bass chorus?? i might get one[/quote]

The chorus is my first one so i wasnt too sure what to expect but after some testing its just what want, subtle but with some tweeking it can take over :)

[quote name='BassBalls' post='170499' date='Apr 5 2008, 11:43 PM']Yeah the ODB-3 is pretty cool. Defiantly kept the low end well. It did most things for me from a light drive to a full on bumble bee fuzz![/quote]

Yes! Exsactly! Alot of people talk bad about it, but i find it suits the sound im after. The sansamp is on 90% of the time though.

Edited by WarPig

• 2 weeks later...

a lil update to my board

[attachment=7989:Bored.jpg]

TU2 - cream pie - chorus - punch factory - EQ - BDDI

I've got an ashdown J-lo hyperdrive coming in and the dha footswitch will be coming off the board, if the j-lo doesnt pan out i'll be getting another hyperpak and maybe a delay or something weird to finish it of and some george L's cables

Man there are some nice boards on this thread! It’s blocking me up with so much GAS that I might sell a kidney on the black market…

Just wondering though, some of these boards are massive and some are sooooo overcrowded, are all these types of boards the ones that you guys actually gig? And if they are, how often do you miss the pedal you’re after or click down two at the same time or accidently change the control values of another pedal in the process of clicking another one on? I’ve encountered all these problems and more and all I use at the moment is a Line 6 Pod XT Live with a LBM and a Russian (black) Big Muff and occasionally another Ibanez fuzz and a Digitech synth wah, although soon this will be expanding by 2…possibly 3 pending summer/grad job. I’m not that clumsy or anything and I don’t pull off any crazy moves on stage so it’s not that I’m getting distracted or anything. In my limited experience of pedal boards I’ve found that generally people’s proper gigging boards are made up of 7 to 8 quality pedals, or a bit less, to cut down on space and clutter within the actual pedal board.

Just interested to know if the guys with massive boards have any of the problems that I’ve encountered with a relatively small set up and also if anyone has cut down on their pedals because it was becoming impractical?

I second the Converses.

Our guitarist wears skate shoes, and he has to take them off to play. I can't do it in socks/barefeet though - it hurts too much!

My board can get quite crowded, but I don't have a separate gigging board. If I don't use a pedal, I don't keep it. After a while you know where all your pedals are, and what little quirks you have to use to get to them (well, I should really reorganise the board better instead of learning quirks...). You can miss a pedal sometimes or not connect with the stompswitch even when there's no crowding at all, so I don't think that having lots of pedals really confuses it too much :)

Edited by Finbar

Sounds like an idea to wear thin shoes, my regular trainers of choice at the moment are these ...http://www.psyche.co.uk/man-145/footwear-168/goliath-footwear-slogger-trainer-44343-5740_zoom.jpg... so they're not exactly massive. Guess I will have to learn to be more accurate and concentrate on where my feet are flapping about. Sometimes I wear some Nike SB classics which are a bit fatter or Adidas Chile 62 which are thinner than all the others but mid set pedal stomping issues still occur. Maybe concentration is the key...

I play bare foot at practice, but I worry about getting splinters or broken glass in me on stage, so I wear thin converse rip off type things. Basically pumps like I wore for PE at junior school. I gig with 20-25 pedals on a horribly disorganised board, and I very rarely have issues. A couple of times i've almost fallen over because I wasn't positioned right to make the stretch I tried to make, but...... no real issues.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='187839' date='Apr 29 2008, 10:05 AM']Nice! What's the DHA pedal? Looks really cool in that colour.[/quote]

hi, its one of the original dual valve tones that Dave built, serial number 2 if memory serves. Individual gain settings for both valves, silicon or germanium clipping and solid state boost that kicks in like an exploding land mine, punch factory is in front of it to tighten things up a bit