Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='226381' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:10 AM']well too late, bought now, seems to fit in with completed ebay listings, so if it dont work out il at least get my money back :)[/quote]

I've got a couple of spare valves sitting around including a mullard 12ax7 that all work fine and if I'd seen the post quicker I would've sent it on to you :huh:

[quote name='steve-soar' post='229022' date='Jun 29 2008, 03:14 PM']Are you running your rig and pleasure board from these?[/quote]

Pleasure Board & Aguilar Cab are connected to the two Speaker Outs of the GK Amp. Coming from the Wireless System I go into the AB-2 through the others and from the Aphex into the Input of the Gallien Krueger. Thats it.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='229473' date='Jun 30 2008, 10:08 AM']It looks like you're using the AB switch and LS-2 to create two footswitchable volume channels? The LS-2 can do this on it's own you know![/quote]

Of course I know, but "Live" I play two Basses with different Output Levels over my Wireless Sytem. This Wireless System has One unbalanced 6,3mm Output and from there I run into the AB2, so that I have two Outputs in the Following.

Now I can go into the two adjustable Inputs of the LS-2 ......

....know what I mean and how it works?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='229755' date='Jun 30 2008, 03:55 PM']Yes, but I don't see why you can't plug the wireless straight into the LS-2 instead of using the AB2?[/quote]

...because when I put the One Wireless Input into One Input from the LS-2 then only this Input is adjustable Red [b]or[/b] Green. I need two adjustable Inputs and so, with the AB-2, I make two from One Wireless Input and I can switch between them, and on the LS-2 both --> Red [b]and[/b] Green are adjustable.

Okay? Or do you see another Possibility to feed two adjustable Inputs from the LS-2 with One Cable that is coming from the Wireless Unit....?????

Edited by AREA

[quote name='cheddatom' post='229841' date='Jun 30 2008, 05:38 PM']Instead of plugging into return A and return B, plug into the input jack, and set the mode to A/B. Then you can use the LS-2's footswitch as an A/B switch with adjustable levels, and get rid of your AB-2 :)[/quote]

Yes, you´re right. That would work.....

but...

I forgot to say... The Input Jack I need for my 5-String Bass, wich is my 3rd Bass. This Bass I play with an Instrument cable and so I can switch between the three Basses.

With only two Basses your Solution would work. Thats right....

I see, that's understandable.

A general question to all of those who gig with more than one bass:

Do you leave your basses plugged in all of the time, and use a channel switcher to switch between basses?

I can see the need for a switchable volume control, so that the volume for each bass can be levelled out and set, and switched. However, I don't understand why you would leave basses plugged into an A/B switch all the time, it would really annoy me! I have always used a mute switch and just swapped the jack cable going into my bass. Do you think this looks unproffessional?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='229868' date='Jun 30 2008, 05:22 PM']I see, that's understandable.

A general question to all of those who gig with more than one bass:

Do you leave your basses plugged in all of the time, and use a channel switcher to switch between basses?

I can see the need for a switchable volume control, so that the volume for each bass can be levelled out and set, and switched. However, I don't understand why you would leave basses plugged into an A/B switch all the time, it would really annoy me! I have always used a mute switch and just swapped the jack cable going into my bass. Do you think this looks unproffessional?[/quote]

Have you never seen a roadie bring on a different guitar/bass for the band after they finish a song? Doesn't look unprofessional in the slightest...Now if you don't mute the output, that's a different kettle of fish altogether :)

[quote name='Finbar' post='231670' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:14 PM']What no tuner?

I never really understood the impedance thing with those EB volume pedals :/ They didn't sound any different to me.

It is very nice looking though - I r jealous![/quote]

One is better for Actives, one is better for Passives.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='231835' date='Jul 3 2008, 10:55 AM']Why do you need two volume pedals? I thought they'd be expression pedals.[/quote]

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5939125&postcount=202"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php...p;postcount=202[/url]

Read the story

[quote name='Higgie' post='231815' date='Jul 3 2008, 10:22 AM']One is better for Actives, one is better for Passives.[/quote]

Which also translates one is better with you bass plugged straight in and another is better in the middle of a buffered signal chain

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='231840' date='Jul 3 2008, 11:05 AM']Which also translates one is better with you bass plugged straight in and another is better in the middle of a buffered signal chain[/quote]

Smart arse :)

OK, I read the story and that's pretty cool. One thing I don't get - does your memory man have two outputs going to the two returns on the LS-2?

Also, when you have the two loops going at full volume, and then you mute one of them with the volume pedal, do you get a big drop in level? Cos the one loop you'd hear would be on only half level at the LS-2?

It's a great idea, and I have been thinking about something similar, but I was going to use a stereo volume pedal as a blender, rather than use two volume pedals. This way there would be no drop in level (if the loops had the same max level) when switching from one to another, or having them both at once.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='231881' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:02 PM']OK, I read the story and that's pretty cool. One thing I don't get - does your memory man have two outputs going to the two returns on the LS-2?

Also, when you have the two loops going at full volume, and then you mute one of them with the volume pedal, do you get a big drop in level? Cos the one loop you'd hear would be on only half level at the LS-2?

It's a great idea, and I have been thinking about something similar, but I was going to use a stereo volume pedal as a blender, rather than use two volume pedals. This way there would be no drop in level (if the loops had the same max level) when switching from one to another, or having them both at once.[/quote]

Well there is no drop in level and yes the Stereo Memory Man has both output going to the returns of the LS-2 but it's not stereo it's more like dual mono as I said so each loop and signal chain is still entirely separate till it hit the LS-2 and is summed back together.

If you listen to the clip you will hear me using the volume pedals and switching sounds and controlling loops and things and there isn't any volume drop unless I intended there to be for swells :)

The problem with you idea of the stereo pedal is you can't effect either chain you can only do both or the one that is selected and not have say a clean side you can fade out and a noise side on full pelt all the way through.

Edited by tayste_2000