Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Yeah, I know, its not the most colourful of boards, literally or sonically. But I like quite a visually austere set up. I suppose i'm more into loops, gain and drive than modulation and filters so Ive tried to keep my board to a minimum and keep it clutter free.

I have a few other pedals Id like to look into, maybe a moog, tonefactor or line6 modulator, but maybe another time. Any recommendations are welcome.

Yeah, quite turned on by the ring modulator though I have heard it can 'bleed' even when its not engaged. Id go for a barge concepts loop for that, I think id really get on with the feedback setting.

Im struggling to really name anything I want. I guess my basses are covered with what I have, though I imagine a violent synth/fuzz and a few filters might be a nice addition. Im not big on things like chorus or flanger so less 80's and more other worldly.

Guess that (doesn't) narrow things down.

Is there sposed to be a pic there Ant?

Kubickiboy - I would make another layer ontop of your PSU and where the foam is, there's no need for another board! I would have bottom feeder, ODB-3, BM. I can't see the point in the DS-1, I remember it being very similar to the ODB-3 but without the EQ control? Maybe not.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='219836' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:44 PM'][b]Is there sposed to be a pic there Ant?
[/b]
Kubickiboy - I would make another layer ontop of your PSU and where the foam is, there's no need for another board! I would have bottom feeder, ODB-3, BM. I can't see the point in the DS-1, I remember it being very similar to the ODB-3 but without the EQ control? Maybe not.[/quote]
there is? :)

nice board mate

Thats me done for now until i can afford an new (bigger) board or decide what i'm gonna use with the bands i'm in at the mo so here goes. . . .

The chain goes

TU2 > cream pie > Polish love > BYOC Large beaver (or blue beaver as i called mine) > guyatone EQ > Dod chorus > punch factory > sansamp BDDI

my somewhat sparse 'pedalboard'

nice to see how my flash not only makes for a sh*te pic, but also highlight a load of sh*te on my carpet, lovely...

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='Kubickiboy' post='216507' date='Jun 10 2008, 11:29 PM']Couldn't resist.

Boomstick Bottom Feeder surrounded by DS-1, ODB-3 and Sovtek/EHX Muff...

Would you stick any of them in the exsiting board?. Or do I start work on another one?

I've put them in order as I've planned - R to L.

Any suggestions guys?[/quote]

UPDATE!!!

Now the order is TU2> Sansamp> DiscumBoBulator> CEB3> Bottom Feeder> TC Dist> EHBB

Sansamp at the front just levels everything out. Take the DI out of my GK. Roll off bass and treble and add mid on my Status. Kubicki mind is a different kettle of fish - have to really roll the bass off when in active setting.

That Bottom Feeder is just a whole lot better then the AW3. But there's space again on this board.

Try the Muff into the Bottom Feeder. It should sound pretty close to my Supercollider -> Tonefactor 442 combo that gives me some really nice drum'n'bass synth like sounds. Might not be useable for your band, but it's a lot of fun to play!