Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='mr pablo' post='166844' date='Mar 31 2008, 01:21 PM']Here's my updated board, still got a compressor to get and i quite fancy another hyperpak cause i miss the one i sold to Finbar. . .

[attachment=7151:Pedals.jpg]

Signal goes:

Bass > TU2 > Cream Pie > EQ > Chorus > SAPBDDI

I plan on using the stereo out on the chorus when I get another cab to run a stereo set up one half clean one half dirty just for the banter :)[/quote]

Nice board. What's the Dave Hall pedal at the top? Looks interesting.

Mark

[quote name='markyboy2106' post='167353' date='Apr 1 2008, 12:13 AM']Nice board. What's the Dave Hall pedal at the top? Looks interesting.

Mark[/quote]
control pedal for the rackmount vt-5 studio bass preamp

Nice.

If you're using the LS-2 as a blend, try the compressor in your effects blending loop with the dry signal uncompressed. You might prefer it!

EDIT: Nice doesn't describe the effect your board has had on me! Oh yeh.

Edited by cheddatom

[quote name='Ant' post='169654' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:01 AM']here's my board looking a little bit messy.

[/quote]

Thats looking pretty sweet, loving your Wah btw and ofcourse your compulsory RAGE overdrive - Comptortion is it? Isnt this loads smaller than your previous board though, what prompted the downsize?
Rich

I found the twin distortion to be completely not to my liking when I had one. Pity, because it was THE single coolest looking pedal I have ever seen once you have the lights out ;p

I bought a compressor a while back and didn't get along with it, but I'm really GASing on a new one for some reason. I can't decide what I want though. I don't know if I want something like a Compulator, or something like that DHA one, which looks very sexy. They do totally different sounds though, as far as I can see.

I have never been entirely convinced by compression, I can definitely live without it. That said, I have two compressors (an Orange Squeezer clone along with the DHA) and I am happy with both of them.

I bought the DHA on impulse- I had wanted a proper valve pedal for a while but couldn't justify having another overdrive. I was surprised by its versitility and I really like the growly punch that it gives to my mids.

I did consider a compulator a while back, but I decided that studio quality compression is not something I would use that often. It also seemed a bit dear and a bit boring. If I did decide I needed something cleaner, I would probably go for a Barge Concepts compressor, or I would build a compulator myself.

[quote name='Finbar' post='169741' date='Apr 4 2008, 11:45 AM']I found the twin distortion to be completely not to my liking when I had one. Pity, because it was THE single coolest looking pedal I have ever seen once you have the lights out ;p

I bought a compressor a while back and didn't get along with it, but I'm really GASing on a new one for some reason. I can't decide what I want though. I don't know if I want something like a Compulator, or something like that DHA one, which looks very sexy. They do totally different sounds though, as far as I can see.[/quote]

What did you not like about it? What sort of sounds were you getting?

I can't really put my finger on what I didn't like about it. I think the fact that it was such a 'natural' sound is one of the main things. I couldn't get it to go absolutely wild and still have control over it, if that makes sense. And the step from the first valve distortion to both valves at once created too much a volume inconsistency for me. I know I tried it with my Roland combo (rather than my valve amp), which doesn't like distortion much, but other pedals sound... 'alright' through it.

I don't know, the build quality was superb, the looks were fantastic in that homemade way - the valves shining through the holes are mint! Dave is also a top notch, patient man. If you can try one before you buy one, then I suggest you do. I wouldn't want my experience alone to put you off, it just wasn't the sound I wanted.