Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Muse_Cubed' post='543710' date='Jul 18 2009, 12:55 AM']I'm so glad I bought it! It sounds absolutely brutal when running my Warwick (via the Cream Pie) through it...love the grittiness.

I've heard that the OC-2 is better than the OC-3...would that honestly be the best option?[/quote]

+1

OC-2 100%

Thia is a shot of my board last month, it's evolving at the moment, so many changes

The chorus pedal and BSW have both departed, there are now a Boss OC-2 and EBS multi comp on there.

Custom looper being worked on at the moment

I am using an LS-2 as well, trying to keep the levels between my fretted and fretless basses the same, but I may look at building a simple A>B switching facility with level control into my new loooper, the guy who is probably going to build it can probably do this

Tony

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='544580' date='Jul 19 2009, 11:11 AM']Thia is a shot of my board last month, it's evolving at the moment, so many changes

The chorus pedal and BSW have both departed, there are now a Boss OC-2 and EBS multi comp on there.

I am using an LS-2 as well, trying to keep the levels between my fretted and fretless basses the same, but I may look at building a simple A>B switching facility with level control into my new loooper, the guy who is probably going to build it can probably do this

Tony[/quote]

Thats a pretty nice board you've got there.. :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='544580' date='Jul 19 2009, 11:11 AM']Thia is a shot of my board last month, it's evolving at the moment, so many changes

Tony[/quote]

Nice board. How do you like the EBS Wah? I've been thinking about one of those lately, after I rebought a 105Q and didn't like it as much as the first time round.

The EBS wah is probably the best sounding wah I've owned, I'm just not that keen on the switching, you have to depress the pedal to switch it on and off and it isn't a definite on/off feel under your foot IMHO, and with your foot on the pedal you can't always see the red light, much prefer the 105Q style where it activates when you start to use it.
Very tweakable though, I use it mainly with the blowtorch or OC2 as that is what the band needs

I'm just in the process of sourcing a new looper, custom made to suit my board, there was going to be an EBS multidrive on there as well, but the person selling it went off the radar :)

Updated pics coming soon

Tony

[quote name='cheddatom' post='547470' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:30 PM']Has anyone else ever used a Zvex Wah Probe on bass? I do and it's amazing.[/quote]

I've always wanted to try one on bass but it would be an expensive experiemnt. I may give it a go now it's had a recomendation.

Really bloody expensive though.

Edited by alexharvay

[quote name='cheddatom' post='547530' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:29 PM']How much are they new? I got mine for £100 used at a music shop in stoke

EDIT: I use mine blended though so there may be some low end loss[/quote]

From what I've seen they're around the £200+ mark. If I can find one second hand a little bit cheaper then I will get it.

I believe morley do a pedal with auto-switching?

With the wah probe - I wanted it to go through my dirt pedals, which are all blended anyway, so it makes no difference to the low end. In fact, if you turn up the boost circuit it seems to add quite a lot, but I guess that's low mids.

Yeah, not too fond of the Morley (Is it the Dual Bass Wah you're talking about?) - I've had before and sold it after getting the 105Q, so I know that I prefer the 105Q over the Morley. Also, the Morley is pretty huge, as is the Weeping Demon, so they're both out...

[quote name='Higgie' post='548941' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:30 PM']Yeah, not too fond of the Morley (Is it the Dual Bass Wah you're talking about?) - I've had before and sold it after getting the 105Q, so I know that I prefer the 105Q over the Morley. Also, the Morley is pretty huge, as is the Weeping Demon, so they're both out...[/quote]
ahh, I used ot have a morley guitar wah pedal that looked similar to the dual bass, only was a 'classic' one. I put my ODB-3 in front of it and it sounded like a duck! great for build ups, though. Lost it, though as I couldn't keep it in my old pedalboard - too high!

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549015' date='Jul 23 2009, 03:20 PM']Also, (and I know it's too big) I LOVE the wahs on the XP-100[/quote]
They only sound good with a blender on bass though, they cut all the low end and sound really clanky, except the envelope filter patch, that sounds absolutely awesome