Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

28 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Lots to talk about this, but here we are - missing the Capo on its way to me this month I hope…

22B7FF60-2B9C-4C1F-BEA8-BEFF7CD4B0F8.thumb.jpeg.bd007470e9cac2edd68f9a82685c9483.jpeg

Ooh... How would you rate the lusithand vs the fat general clone @Ander87? Lusithand is based on the Diamond comp. 

• Thanks 1

Indeed @Bigwan! I’m the fat general clone is great but of course the thought of a diamond v2.0 was attractive. 

Both great, but I’d say the Lusithand has more headroom - takes 9-18v with a circuit doubler so mine is effectively working at 36v. It is also more flexible with the EQ with two different set points to shelve/tweak at 250/900hz. Potentially more sustain too, but then again, whilst I think I prefer it to the FG, it doesn’t make the FG bad in no way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Indeed @Bigwan! I’m the fat general clone is great but of course the thought of a diamond v2.0 was attractive. 

Both great, but I’d say the Lusithand has more headroom - takes 9-18v with a circuit doubler so mine is effectively working at 36v. It is also more flexible with the EQ with two different set points to shelve/tweak at 250/900hz. Potentially more sustain too, but then again, whilst I think I prefer it to the FG, it doesn’t make the FG bad in no way. 

I frickin love my lusithand comp. What a great pedal.

Im surprised it doesnt get more love on here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lidl e said:

frickin love my lusithand comp. What a great pedal.

Im surprised it doesnt get more love on here.

feeling the same way! Feel free to share some interesting settings, I just received it yesterday!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

feeling the same way! Feel free to share some interesting settings, I just received it yesterday!

I have it set and forget, but i will take a pic of what i have dialled in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, GremlinAndy said:

The Eventide is going on a separate vocals board so there’s still a couple of spots for pedals here….

4070202A-3457-41ED-BF4A-429E0DFEE083.jpeg

What are your thoughts on the Jive, I’ve been considering one but I’ve also previously tried the Deco. So wondering how similar they are and usual yadda yadda gas

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GremlinAndy said:

The Eventide is going on a separate vocals board so there’s still a couple of spots for pedals here….

4070202A-3457-41ED-BF4A-429E0DFEE083.jpeg

... how do you find the Empress compressor? I've one and seem to be able to get a pretty decent distortion/overdrive sound when I have both the Attack and Release controls fully counter clockwise. Really not sure it it's supposed to do that though ...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ander87 said:

This is what i landed on after a few practices and knob twiddling. 

20230302_193231.thumb.jpg.009950b4121d0b68640ece01d7e63314.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here’s the latest mini board I’ve settled on, primarily for heavy sounds, but it’s so versatile it can quickly and easily serve as a backup to my main board.

Fuzzrocious Cat Tail -> HX Stomp -> Sansamp.

All powered by a Cioks SOL.

C82B9D3E-9206-4233-84BD-4193D41E4617.thumb.jpeg.120cc4f7bdc1075dbad162c21655b839.jpeg

0E0FBB17-3089-4A38-95C5-FEF4F4FB5514.thumb.jpeg.6f935f7bd2767eed6b2451fc906df0cb.jpeg

Si

• Like 11

Current bi amp rig for Rock/metal covers band... Laney takes care of the lows in a big way...rest runs fun stuff. Spark is a new addition simply to boost level for my P bass as its output is way lower than my Jazz and Dingwall. Would like to swap out Demon FX pedals for DG originals but simply don't have the cash...and from my research pretty much sound identical...maybe one day. Apollo 2 phaser is a staggering pedal on guitar or bass.  Totally nails that Lizzy Alibi tone.... Chorus lands well for Sweet child of mine... B7k clone is set with low drive and really gets me the Harris clack along with p bass and flats. Octave used conservatively on Land of confusion ( disturbed) and lay down your love (Whitesnake) really thickens sound. Sheehan pedal ( my fav) for all the Mr Big/ winery dogs stuff...  I am trialling the Joyo battery power supply with this. No issues with charge times..it runs this lot for 4 hours plus... But to reduce anxiety levels at gigs I charge it in the gap between sets... No cables ..no ground loops... No earthing issues..  and cheap...and if you don't like it use it as a battery charger for your phone..it has usb out!  I ditched my George Ls to try Harley Benton solderless patch cables ..unbelievable value and am running 3 boards without a single issue ..the sockets are super compact as well. Have recommended to loads of people without issue...

IMG_20230303_142848.jpg

• Like 5

On 02/03/2023 at 14:10, tayste_2000 said:

What are your thoughts on the Jive, I’ve been considering one but I’ve also previously tried the Deco. So wondering how similar they are and usual yadda yadda gas

Well, the Deco is basically on my board for it’s always on sound.   Subtle saturation.   The Jive I’m using for a more heavy driven sound.  Its capable of a lot more range than the deco.  (But arguably less nuanced)

im still trying out saturation at the moment so there’s a lot of overlap on my board currently, but it’s all different.  The Blackstone is also a great ‘always on’ drive. …So it’s all going to sort itself out in time as I decide which combinations work best for me.

Edited by GremlinAndy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

... how do you find the Empress compressor? I've one and seem to be able to get a pretty decent distortion/overdrive sound when I have both the Attack and Release controls fully counter clockwise. Really not sure it it's supposed to do that though ...

It does have a sound but I dunno if I’d say it’s a pretty decent distortion sound especially when set that way.  When it’s set that way it’s the same as the pedal when off.   I’ll try that again to make sure I’m correct in that.   That definitely doesn’t seem to be working how I’d expect.   Are the LED ladders showing?   I wonder if your signal might be *really* hot?   

• Like 1

On 05/02/2023 at 23:56, 0175westwood29 said:

So had a little sort out dropped a few pedals and added a few back in have a second blooper on the way from damnation. This setup runs the sub all the time, out of my stage bug and I’ve set it up to have the main out from my origin bass rig but the gt1000 runs another amp sim line out aswell for extra options 

B59FEB8B-5702-43F8-BEAD-52850F92BF31.thumb.jpeg.56efafeeb07fc3094ec9152c82c2d9c8.jpeg

85CD2D02-F090-4B7C-9356-788423C5C269.thumb.jpeg.951799557a341acd8ae9f2b727eca96c.jpeg

How are you finding the Slicer? I used to use the double pedal version a lot many years ago and loved it. I've been using a Mooer E7 for some arpeggiator style work, but I'm really tempted to pick up the new slicer. Interested in your experience.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

How are you finding the Slicer? I used to use the double pedal version a lot many years ago and loved it. I've been using a Mooer E7 for some arpeggiator style work, but I'm really tempted to pick up the new slicer. Interested in your experience.

I really like it, midi is a big plus in such a small pedal, I’ve actually got the big double pedal aswell so I should do a comparison! 

they sound great tho 

• Like 2

On 03/03/2023 at 08:41, Sibob said:

Here’s the latest mini board I’ve settled on, primarily for heavy sounds, but it’s so versatile it can quickly and easily serve as a backup to my main board.

Fuzzrocious Cat Tail -> HX Stomp -> Sansamp.

All powered by a Cioks SOL.

C82B9D3E-9206-4233-84BD-4193D41E4617.thumb.jpeg.120cc4f7bdc1075dbad162c21655b839.jpeg

0E0FBB17-3089-4A38-95C5-FEF4F4FB5514.thumb.jpeg.6f935f7bd2767eed6b2451fc906df0cb.jpeg

Si

Cool pedalboard. I am thinking about going back to my Markbass or Ashdown preamp/DI and leave the HX for effects. What does the Sansamp offer you that the HX don't?