Why become a member? ×

What do you carry your stuff in?

Grangur

Epifani has it's own little carry bag with a pocket for mains lead, speaker cables etc, cabs have fitted covers, and the whole lot gets strapped to a collapsible trolley with some of those straps for holding canoes etc on top of your car.

Gigbag has a pocket for instrument leads, strap, spare strings and a little leather pouch (Which is under no circumstances to be mistaken for a ladies purse :mellow: ) containing ear plugs, fuses, tools etc.

Bass on my back, amp / cabs on a trolley and one hand free for fending off groupies... job done.

Edited by CamdenRob

My first post on here. Great site,very edumacational. Anyway...people carrier for heavy 4X10 cab (it was the Barefaced search that brought me here) Slip cover for ABM 300.Maplins ally case for cables,mics etc. Hiscox (20 yrs old) for P bass and all the pedals on Pedaltrain Nano+ with padded case.Mic and guitar stands free and easy.

Sack trolley gets my Trace/SWR rig in most venues unless upstairs. No covers, if its lashing down I always have a spare tarp in the boot of the car. Basses in either hard or soft case depending on space. All pedals, leads etc in a Maplins alumin toolcase. Anything else (mic stand, bass stand) doesn't need cases.

[quote name='Freddy Le Cragg' timestamp='1467572356' post='3084639']
Binbag. Or if I'm feeling flush, a Poundland bag for life.
[/quote]

^ Perhaps I should add that, back when I barely had two bob to rub together, I did have the zip break on a gig bag about twenty minutes before I had to set off for a gig. Said bag ended up being sutered shut with an old set of strings. But at least that felt more secure than the time I had to encase the bass in bubble wrap and bung it under one arm.

I've did as much as i could to fit all my gear in a one travel. My bass goes inside a Contego Protec case/bag wich has straps so i can carry it on my back. My cab is a Berefaced S12T protected by a Roqsolid cover and it carrys itself with the wheels, it's also a one hand lift if i need to go through stairs.

For the rest i've got a trolley, the same size that can be taken inside airplane cabinets. I can fit my amp (GB Shuttle 9.2 or Ibanez Promethean) wrapped in a black table cloth that also doubles as a screen to hide cables if i have to lift the cab in a chair or something. That leaves me room for all my cables (x2 jack, x2 XLR, x2 Power lead and extention cord, a speakon cable and a XLR to jack adaptor. I also fit my bass stand (mini type, from Fender) the bass strap, my mic, a roll of tape and my pedal board on top of all. I have a mic stand at home that can fit in that bag but i'm using a biger one that goes along the rest of the PA and bits allways on the van.

I can carry everything in one trip, bass on the back, S12 in one hand and trolley in the other and i'm only really carrying the bass's weight. All the gear is safe and hasn't been damaged inside the van.

Everything other than basses (two in a dual Mono bag) and cabs (Roqsolid covers, one in each hand or on a collapsible trolley if necessary) goes into a laptop rucksack thing I've had for years - head, leads, BDI21 just in case, spare batteries, strings, etc, etc...

Piece o'cake... :D

Entirely dependent on the time of gig I'm doing / load I've got.

Both cabs just have Roqsolid covers, they're a given. For gigs where I'm taking myself, the amp head has it's own little flight case where the amp and leads for it are. I've got a small holdall which carries leads, spares, iPad holder and such, and then the bass goes in a Harvest leather gig bag. I'm on the lookout for a mono bag for my pedaltrain too.

If I'm going in a van / plane, everything's the same apart from the bass which goes in a Hiscox or better, and the Pedaltrain has a flightcase.

For gigs,

Cabs Roqsolid covers
Shuttle 6 in GB Shuttle bag
All leads in a cloth lead roll
All other stuff in a plastic stacking box
Mic stand usually left by gate outside my house :blush:

For rehearsals. Nowt as I leave a complete setup in drummers studio inc a bass.

LAPTOP BAG:
LM LMlll/Power Cable
Speaking cable
Soundcard
Laptop

BASS GUITAR BAG
Bass
Instrument lead
Tuner
Ear plugs

CAB (No cover as yet)

Great as I but the bass bag on my bag, throw the laptop back over my shoulder and carry the cab in one hand.

Edited by modelreject

my amp head is in a solid rack case, my cab has wheels and handles which is good.
my cables, tools, pics etc are carried in a tool box which also doubles as a seat in an emergency and my pedal board has it's own case.
have my load in and break downs to a fine art, 3 trips to the car each way.

Aguilar padded covers for head and cabs, Thomann own brand hard bass cases, Stagg pedal board and then cables/mic/other bits and pieces in the silver aluminium tool case. The folding steps are to raise my amp up a bit closer to ear level.
Not pictured are a Hercules dual guitar stand and mic stand which travel loose.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1467677656' post='3085347']
Aguilar padded covers for head and cabs, Thomann own brand hard bass cases, Stagg pedal board and then cables/mic/other bits and pieces in the silver aluminium tool case. The folding steps are to raise my amp up a bit closer to ear level.
Not pictured are a Hercules dual guitar stand and mic stand which travel loose.
[/quote]

That looks really tidy... only a couple of loose bits and everything is rectangular... appeals to my OCD... :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

I have one of those aluminium camer/tool/flight cases from Homebase/B&Q too. It's got my old fx pedals and electronics like zoom recorder and B2 in it. It doesn't usually go to a gig with me.

I have a messenger bag for cables/towel/music stand/pad/pens/gaffa/batteries/strings/screwdrivers/fuses/tuner...

I regularly have to go through it and chuck out bits I've accumulated in it, mainly old set lists.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1467643750' post='3085084']
Volvo estate :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I'll see your Volvo estate and raise you an E-class Merc estate :P

Bass rig, PA, drum kit, front-seat passenger, and I can still see over the top:

Edited by JapanAxe