Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Twin.

gary mac

I've been toying with the idea of a change of cab again, don't really need to but I've been fancying a Barefaced for a while now.

Anyway, Alex at Barefaced has recommended the Super Twin and having read the specification, I really like that recommendation. So if I can sell a couple of instruments, I shall probably place an order.

I'm just interested to hear from any Super Twin owners on their thoughts/experiences with this model.

Please don't turn this into a Barefaced bashing, I'd hate to have to lock my own thread :lol:

I have recently bought a Super Compact. Initially I was a bit disappointed at home/practice volumes, probably because it lacks the colour the Barefaced One 10s have. I finally got to gig it this weekend and that is when it comes into its own. If you are getting a Twin then you clearly need the deciBels and it is on a gig when it should sing out. So my advice is do not jump to conclusions but to gig the speaker and then decide. As for me, I am keeping the Compact. :)

Edited by DBerriff

I have Super Twin #001, and it is a great cab. I power it with an Ashdown ABM 500 Evo II and it is plenty loud enough for pub and moderate outdoor gigs. I can't honestly think of anything about to complain about, light, great tone, more than loud enough. You'll get to meet all the bass players in the audience, though, as they'll want to come and look at it!

I have 2 x Supercompacts, which is essentially a Super Twin. If I am honest one of these is probably good for 95% of the gigs I am likely to do. But two is rather splendid :) This is with a Trace Elliot AH300 - a combination that gives me exactly what I want from my gig rig.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1459175727' post='3014121']
I have 2 x Supercompacts, which is essentially a Super Twin. If I am honest one of these is probably good for 95% of the gigs I am likely to do. But two is rather splendid :) This is with a Trace Elliot AH300 - a combination that gives me exactly what I want from my gig rig.
[/quote]
When using the two Compacts together do you notice a difference tone compared to just the one or just volume ?

I had compact + super compact and just sold the compact to purchase another super compact. I was thinking of getting 2X12 cabs from barefaced when I bought the SC but then I went to single 12 route just because I wanted to be able to use single 12 for smaller gigs. I am very happy with the SC and 1 is enough for most of the occasions but 2 of them will sound great.

Super Twin owner for a couple of years now.
It can take a crazy amount of low end and reproduce it with utmost clarity.
I've had some seriously powerful amps going through this, as well as a boosted LPF and it doesn't break a sweat - I've never heard it get stressed.

There are limits to the high frequencies in that it won't give you tweeterish highs, but for me it has the perfect range for bass guitar.

The sound is full and clear, fuller than a single Super Compact IMO (not heard two Super compacts stacked), and it's very light.

I've never even considered another cab since getting mine.

Edited by Roland Rock

I use the Super12T, but with the tweeter fully off, so I`d assume this is pretty much like the Super Twin. I really rate it as well - aside from the convenience factor, it sounds great. I wouldn`t use a cab just because it was light, I`d soon move it on and continue my search. In fact I like it so much I have two. I use the pair on bigger gigs, not so much for the volume, more for "the look" though have to admit the size of the sound coming out of them both is very pleasing.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1459188894' post='3014281']
Thanks for the offer Rich. May well give you a call. :)
[/quote]

You are also welcome to borrow my BB2 for a gig or two if you want to try it. Smaller than the Supertwin though, but for places like pubs (ive seen the video Fran shot) i think it would also work really well.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1459203532' post='3014476']
You are also welcome to borrow my BB2 for a gig or two if you want to try it. Smaller than the Supertwin though, but for places like pubs (ive seen the video Fran shot) i think it would also work really well.
[/quote]

Very kind Dave, thanks :)

I have been using a S12 with tweeter for the past 2.5 years, and I've been more than happy with it. The portability factor is superb and the sound has always been pretty good to my ears. I don't think you'd regret your purchase, best of luck!

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1459280335' post='3015126']
I run a pair of BB2s - a superb combination. If you are anywehere near me, feel free to give me a shout to try them.
[/quote]
Thanks Greg, very kind. There was a time when I was in your neck of the woods a fair bit but not anymore.