Why become a member? ×

Bands that are 'samey'. You know what to expect, but still love 'em

Jamiroquai.
I know they haven't released anything for a while, but you can pretty much regard all of their material as one album spread over the years. And it's pretty consistent, despite the bass player changes.

Iron maiden.
I totally love these guys and always will. You know more or less what you're going to get with every album. It's always Goni g to be the same, as there is one primary songwriter/ arranger/ producer. If it ain't broke.......

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1455273550' post='2977623']
Jamiroquai.
I know they haven't released anything for a while, but you can pretty much regard all of their material as one album spread over the years. And it's pretty consistent, despite the bass player changes.
[/quote]

New record due out this year :)

Grand Magus. One of my fave bands but every song title and lyrical content is basically picked from the same pot of words:

Steel, Iron, Fist, Silver, Hammer, Ravens, triumph, power.

One of the one on the last album was called Steel Versus Steel. :D

Bloody great band though. Listen if you like traditional style metal.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1455193610' post='2976845']
There are few bands that you can genuinely say you have no idea what to expect. Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is The Cardiacs.
[/quote]
I love the Cardiacs - I'd say that they don't sound like other bands, but there's a definite "harmonic DNA" to their music which defines the sound.

"harmonic DNA" I made this up and even I think its Bollocks.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1455291403' post='2977900']
Grand Magus. One of my fave bands but every song title and lyrical content is basically picked from the same pot of words:

[/quote]

Was just about to mention them and Hammerfall!

Great minds think alike I think!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1455198315' post='2976940']
Queen. This was, of course, helped by the fact that all 4 of them wrote their music.
[/quote]

Always different, but always distinguisably Queen. That's the genius in my eyes.

Edited by lefrash

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1455291403' post='2977900']

[/quote]

Ah, yes - I loved 'The Hunt,' especially the title track, but it does get very repetitive over the course of a whole album!

CAKE.

A bit of allsorts thrown in to each album, rock, funk, country, hip-hop, blues, etc help keep each album a nice mix but still unmistakably CAKE. But every album has that same mix and it's slowly getting watered down from the first few albums.
Still love 'em though.

Early CAKE bass, mmmmm.
:)

I wasn't that impressed with anthrax on sound of white noise. John bush is a great vocalist but the material they wrote for him to sing over was quite bland and seemed like it was trying too hard to find a new sound. Maybe it was record company pressure as the thrash scene was dead in the mid nineties. Maybe Scott and Charlie really wanted to explore new sounds, I couldn't say but getting joey back in the band and touring with the big 4 seems to have reinvigorated them with a great album in worship music and a new one later this month.
Metallica and megadeth have explored different styles with mixed results, Metallica will always sell more albums because they have a larger fan base to begin with. Whereas megadeth will release three or four albums in the same space of time that Metallica will release one.