Why become a member? ×

Great customer service from TC Electronic

Jenny_Innie

I mentioned before that the control knobs on my RH750 kept falling off. Now two of them have snapped.

I contacted TC Electronic through their online portal and despite the amp being 6 months out of warranty, I got the following amazingly good reply:

[indent=1]Thank you for contacting TC Electronic Support and for using TC Electronic.[/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your RH750. This issue is normal. We have had some problems with the first knob generation. Since summer 2014, we changed previous knob for a completely new designed knob. The plastic material is better and the fastening system improved. It is more reliable. Of course, all amplifiers released from this date do not have this knob issues anymore while the previous copies as yours get this issue because they did not receive the newest knob model.[/size][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I attached a picture with my Email in order to compare the old knob (down) and the new one (up). You can appreciate the difference between both knobs.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]If you give me your address, I would be glad to send you a complete set of new knobs.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/indent]
[indent=1][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]In the meantime, I wish you a good day.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/indent]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]It's great to see a manufacturer take responsibility for a problem and agree to rectify the problem without a fuss. I'm impressed, really pleased and recommend this company to you all.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]Also, the guy called Uffe in some of their videos is hot.[/size][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Jenny_Innie

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1446740140' post='2901942']
Name and shame time. Here's yet another man who thinks it is okay to make penis jokes on a teenage girl's thread. It's tiresome mate. A form of bullying. Please stop.
[/quote]

Apologies for lowering the tone.

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1446717402' post='2901632']
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]Also, the guy called Uffe in some of their videos is hot.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Would it be OK for me to say this about a girl? 'cos in the past I've seen such posts described as crass or even sexist

I can hear the ice cracking under Tom's feet....

The official definition of sexism is "The unwarranted drawing of attention to a person's gender or the objectification of a person by virtue of their gender." So, Ms Innie is technically being sexist by objectifying Uffe. The question of whether a third party can draw offence from such a statement is trickier as one of these two criteria need to be met:
1. Would a reasonable person who notices the remark be offended?
2. Does the remark encourage the objectification of the peer group's members?

These are harder to answer as a consideration of perceived power imbalance is needed and I can't be bothered because Friday is chores day.

Edited by colgraff

I wonder if they contacted all the buyers of the troubled amps & offered them replacements knobs? I would assume they had most people's addresses from the warranty cards most brands ask you to send back to them - seems odd to know there's an issue with a certain model but to sit on it & wait to see who kicks up a fuss.

And to all the sexism BS, meh - pretty tedious really, I only saw one mildly sexist comment so reported it but it's hardly enough to derail the thread for, some people are too touchy.