Why become a member? ×

The RWC and Gig issues

Nicko

We have one on Sat too but I don't think it's a particularly sporty pub so we may get away with regular start/finish times. England playing Friday anyway. Theres no way we are starting at 11pm. The pub probably closes at midnight in any case!

Edited by KevB

[quote name='Nicko' timestamp='1442405671' post='2866687']
We have a gig on Saturday. LL has asked us to start after the last match. That's an 11pm start. Some of the punters might have been in there since noon. Sounds like it might get messy. :mellow:
[/quote]

problem is that when the rugby finishes the majority will leave just as you're about to come on. Not trying to be grumpy - just experienced this before. You're thinking we've got a great crowd here then there they were - gone.

We've got a wedding gig every Saturday through the RWC, and all England's games other than the first are Saturday 8pm kick-offs. We're gonna tactfully suggest a later start for us to the clients, just in case they haven't realised - the sight of a steady string of blokes (and some of the ladies, too) sloping sheepishly off when there's a match on is demoralising all round... <_< :D

We've found that the football crowd are a different crowd to the live music crowd. A lot of pubs we pay have football on while we set up then turn it off. The football fans leave then the music fans arrive.

11pm seems a bit late but you may see the pub numbers swelling at about 10pm.

I'd wonder what time you're playing until.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1442408496' post='2866743']
problem is that when the rugby finishes the majority will leave just as you're about to come on. Not trying to be grumpy - just experienced this before. You're thinking we've got a great crowd here then there they were - gone.
[/quote]

Hope this wont be the case. The place has a late licence and is generally just getting busy at 10 on non match days. When we played there before and finished at 11 the doorman was checking what time we were leaving so he could let more punters in.

I'd cancel...but it depends how much of an issue you are going to make with that action... If it is a rugby club/pub..they should have known and planned in advance.

Depends what the game is...I'd compromise and say you'll start after the first game finished which should be around 21:40..???

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1442415105' post='2866802']
I'd cancel...but it depends how much of an issue you are going to make with that action... If it is a rugby club/pub..they should have known and planned in advance.

Depends what the game is...I'd compromise and say you'll start after the first game finished which should be around 21:40..???
[/quote]

'fraid not JT, 4 matches in total on Saturday. 1200, 1430, 1645 and 2000. Really I reckon it should be a 10pm start. I think the LL is planning our start time around his closing time TBH.

[quote name='Nicko' timestamp='1442418152' post='2866839']
'fraid not JT, 4 matches in total on Saturday. 1200, 1430, 1645 and 2000. Really I reckon it should be a 10pm start. I think the LL is planning our start time around his closing time TBH.
[/quote]

2200 is ok ...or would be by me, but if this is waaay different other bookings then it isn't the same gig.... especially if you have to get there early so as not disrupt the rugby.. i.e set up by 2000..?? Turned down this friday as it is the England game...but in reality the gtr and drums are in the middle of a tour so it wasn't working anyway. Your guy needs to come up with some EXTRA money