Why become a member? ×

Songs to make your brain burst

MarkW

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1429343932' post='2750545']

Ditto to Radiohead. I like to think I'm fairly broad minded musically, with very little I don't like. Radiohead, however, is just impenetrable for me - except for Creep. Maybe I'm just not clever enough to 'get it'.
[/quote]I love OK Computer but can't get on with anything else of theirs.

This is just brilliant! I've been laughing my socks off for days at some of this stuff!

I have to say I share the hatred for just about everything that has been mentioned, with the exception of Clapton. OK, so Wonderful Tonight is an abomination I'll grant you, but Layla? That opening guitar riff still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! That said, I like most of Clapton's stuff up to about 1985, since when it's all gone off the boil. I saw him at the RAH in the early 1990s, and it was all rather tedious.

[quote name='MarkW' timestamp='1429401691' post='2751156']
, but Layla? That opening guitar riff still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!
[/quote]
OK, I grant you the opening riff isn't too bad, I could probably live with the first 2:30 minutes :-D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429354299' post='2750689']
This album was on rotation along with 'Stars'. Yes, the same flat, the same time, the same woman. So you can kind of understand why I don't like Simply Red or The Eagles.
[/quote]

Did you never think of simply not liking the woman instead? Then you might have been able to enjoy the Eagles.

No-one, of course, should ever enjoy Simply Red.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1429484208' post='2751921']
Did you never think of simply not liking the woman instead? Then you might have been able to enjoy the Eagles.
[/quote]

I didn't like the bloody woman! We even had hate-sex while drunk. And there is [i]no way[/i] I could enjoy the Eagles, then or now!! :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429490527' post='2751958']

I didn't like the bloody woman! We even had hate-sex while drunk. And there is [i]no way[/i] I could enjoy the Eagles, then or now!! :P
[/quote]

I think that you have suppressed the memory, but you actually shared the flat with Mick Hucknall

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429354299' post='2750689']There is a special place in hell for The Eagles though[/quote]

I love the scene in The Big Lebowski where he criticises the taxi-drivers taste in music:

"Come on, Man. I had a rough night, and I hate the f*ckin' Eagles, man!"

[quote name='MarkW' timestamp='1429535411' post='2752330']
I love the scene in The Big Lebowski where he criticises the taxi-drivers taste in music:
[/quote]

I have a lot of time for that film. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1429535935' post='2752344']
I have a lot of time for that film. :)
[/quote]

I love that film. My only problem with it is that the actor who plays Jesus Quintana also voices the Francesco character in the Disney film 'Cars'. Whenever my kids are watching it all I can hear is "Hey Lightning! You ready to be f*cked man? I would have f*cked you in the ass Saturday. I f*ck you in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo!"

[quote name='MarkW' timestamp='1429535411' post='2752330']

[/quote]

And - in a spin-off from the rock-quote-quiz thread - "Turn up The Eagles, the neighbors are listening."

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1429360002' post='2750776']
Thanks!! We shall be friends.

He's referred to as Crapton in my house :P
[/quote]Do you hate Clapton`s solo stuff, or everything including John Mayall, Yardbirds,Cream, and Blind Faith ? I don`t like much of his solo stuff except a few like Bad love, and his cover of Cocaine.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1429294183' post='2750233']
What gets me about MacArthur Park isn't necessarily leaving the cake out in the rain, although that is a foolish thing to to. It is the fact that she'll never have that recipe again, why? Why did she get rid of the recipe, that is carelessness in the extreme, and what happened to it, did she leave it with the cake and the paper became so wet that it broke? Did she throw it in the bin? Did she accidentally drop it on a fire?

Anyhow..... For mine:

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton
lay down Sally - Eric Clapton
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton

I think you can see a theme :P
[/quote]
Totally agree about Clapton. Wonderful tonight is one of the worst things I have ever heard .