Why become a member? ×

NBD - Arctic White and Maple P-Bass

Number6

So after much deliberation i have treated myself to a MIM Precision in Arctic White and Maple with a Fender fitted case.

Now here is the confession.....this is my first P since i've played bass 😮

Anyway i am very pleased with it and gave it a thorough look over and play before deciding it was the one. Obviously knowing that the Mex construction sometimes comes in for criticism i am really impressed with the quality, fit n fix and the set up.

I also got a fantastic deal at the DV247 store in Romford with the bass and case bought at a great price 😉

They also had a good selection of basses (mostly Fender) available to try.

A 3 year guarantee too 👍

Anyway i'm happy ☺

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1428434049' post='2741275']
Must admit i might try a tort pg.....😮
[/quote]
Do it! All pickguard debate aside, congrats on your new bass. The stuff coming out of Mexico at the moment is a cut above what it used to be (and above the rep it still carries as a result!)

As discreet has already pointed out, this will really come into its own in a rehearsal/gig situation. You'll kick yourself for not buying a P sooner :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428432871' post='2741262']

I can't help but agree. But all-white is good too. Even tort would be acceptable in this situation (gasp).
[/quote]

I was just going to say that this bass would even meet the discreet 'Tort Police' criteria! :P

Edited by miles'tone

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1428442761' post='2741392']
Hahaha.....i think ultimately it'll stay as it is, what with me be quite a lazy bassist an all :)
[/quote]

Probably for the best. Pearl is an abomination which must be resisted. And for the record, you CAN have tort with maple. Sometimes.
A 3-ply b/w/b guard might be a good future purchase, though. Two basses for the price of one...

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1428419386' post='2741092']
So after much deliberation i have treated myself to a MIM Precision in Arctic White and Maple with a Fender fitted case.

Now here is the confession.....this is my first P since i've played bass ��

Anyway i am very pleased with it and gave it a thorough look over and play before deciding it was the one. Obviously knowing that the Mex construction sometimes comes in for criticism i am really impressed with the quality, fit n fix and the set up.

I also got a fantastic deal at the DV247 store in Romford with the bass and case bought at a great price ��

They also had a good selection of basses (mostly Fender) available to try.

A 3 year guarantee too ��

Anyway i'm happy ☺
[/quote]

WOW! You know I'm going to tell ya', Beautiful! Congrats on your first Precision? Cool. I really like Arctic White with Maple. I like the White PG on it also.

Edited by gsgbass