Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476260364' post='3152697']
OK then, who would be up for a UK M-Club factory visit in Spring '17? Perhaps based on cheap flights to a nearby airport (assuming there is one) and local B&B-type accommodation with at least a full day available in the factory. If there's a demand for a group of, say, 6-8 of us, I'll run this by Adrian, get some prices, and do the organising.

Do you think Adrian would be OK with this pierreganseman?
[/quote]

Aye.. tempting!

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476260364' post='3152697']
OK then, who would be up for a UK M-Club factory visit in Spring '17? Perhaps based on cheap flights to a nearby airport (assuming there is one) and local B&B-type accommodation with at least a full day available in the factory. If there's a demand for a group of, say, 6-8 of us, I'll run this by Adrian, get some prices, and do the organising.

Do you think Adrian would be OK with this pierreganseman?
[/quote]

Hi , I must say that as far as I heard its not possible. I heard from another Retailer who was eventually gonna have his brand that it was flat out refused when he asked.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476279578' post='3152971']
Hi , I must say that as far as I heard its not possible. I heard from another Retailer who was eventually gonna have his brand that it was flat out refused when he asked.
[/quote]

In my mind I was thinking of the shop, rather than the Factory. That would be a nice enough visit..

[/quote]

He wants to keep the fact he uses Kobolds and Gnomes a secret ? :-)

I thought the shop was at the factory. Anyway, while a factory tour would be nice, I wouldn't wish to disturb the Kobolds and Gnomes. All I really had in mind was a meeting with Adrian in the company of lots of finished basses, some of which I would hopefully be able to try out.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476288215' post='3153076']
I thought the shop was at the factory. Anyway, while a factory tour would be nice, I wouldn't wish to disturb the Kobolds and Gnomes. All I really had in mind was a meeting with Adrian in the company of lots of finished basses, some of which I would hopefully be able to try out.
[/quote]

the shop is at adrian's house in Germany, around one hour from me. The Factory is in Poland.... somewhere

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476292815' post='3153139']
the shop is at adrian's house in Germany, around one hour from me. The Factory is in Poland.... somewhere
[/quote]
Ah, my mistake - Germany will probably be easier/cheaper. Where's the nearest airport for cheap flights?

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1476293133' post='3153144']
Ah, my mistake - Germany will probably be easier/cheaper. Where's the nearest airport for cheap flights?
[/quote]

If it's only a hour from Pierre in Brussels it must be just over the border from Belgium. A road trip probably makes more sense..

Had a quick look at the map and Aldenhoven is close to Germany's borders with the Netherlands and Belgium. Nearest cities with airports are Maastricht (36mls away), Dusseldorf (48mls) and Cologne-Bonn (also 48mls). I know I can fly from Bristol to Dusseldorf on BMi.

[/quote]

That's odd, why not? Or does the factory in Poland build for several brands, a bit like a European Cort factory or something? I would understand that.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1476342246' post='3153401']
That's odd, why not? Or does the factory in Poland build for several brands, a bit like a European Cort factory or something? I would understand that.
[/quote]

If I run a factory I wouldn't want people traipsing round it, it would kind of interfere with the process of building things, require someone to organise and provide a tour etc, and I am sure have an impact on your insurance price.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1476342246' post='3153401']
[/quote]

i don't know anything about that, i personally never asked so i wouldn't know :)

Edited by pierreganseman

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1476342773' post='3153405']
If I run a factory I wouldn't want people traipsing round it, it would kind of interfere with the process of building things, require someone to organise and provide a tour etc, and I am sure have an impact on your insurance price.
[/quote]

I do know the company is already a very very full capacity. So i can personally completely understand.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1476342773' post='3153405']
[/quote]

Could also be something to do with security/intellectual property - maybe they've developed some smart methods or equipment.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1476349330' post='3153458']
Hi guys,

please accept all my apologies. I just asked Adrian out of curiosity ...

and it turns out you CAN visit the factory in Poland ! they are building next year a new showroom / hall there and new videos will happen from then (of the place)

I guess policy has changed...
[/quote]

:gas:

AND flights to Poland are soooo cheap, and the beer soooo good... hmmmm.
I

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1476360787' post='3153619']
:gas:

AND flights to Poland are soooo cheap, and the beer soooo good... hmmmm.
I
[/quote]
Too right! My feeling would be to wait until they're 'open to the public' in Poland. As it happens, it was the Polish connection that sparked the visit idea in the first place (my wife's suggestion would you believe!!). My dad came over from Poland in WW2 and she thought it would be great to kill 2 birds with one stone: factory visit and holiday in 'the land of my fathers'. She doesn't know much about basses but she's fallen in love with my new 'Cazzie' - yep, she's even given her a name.