Why become a member? ×

Please remove

Pinball

I think a couple of the URLs need changing...

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perfect-Stranger-Rock-Band/415179171850699"]Perfect Stranger[/url] - This link goes to the normal Facebook page and not the mobile-specific one.

Also I think [url="https://www.facebook.com/headsticksmusic"]this should be the Headsticks page[/url] rather than the link provided which appears to be one of the band member's personal page and is not accessible to anyone when hasn't friended them.

And remember to make your band pages accessible to everyone and not just Facebook members. The quickest way to turn off any perspective new fan is to exclude them from your page just because they aren't on Facebook or are having to view your page without being logged in. You want your band info to be accessible as possible.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1420727246' post='2652651']
56 likes given and 8 received - not a great ratio so far :unsure:
[/quote]I've liked all the links as they've come along too but I don't think it's been reciprocated by all either.

I'm very grateful to those who have though :-)

Like redstriper, 56 likes out, 23 likes back in.
To those who listened & still liked, many thanks its much appreciated. Band mates were as chuffed as me!
I've listened to all where possible (some i couldnt find any tracks) especially the bands doing (like us) originals & found some great stuff, genuinely liking the tracks.
Next thing is try to do some gigs together with bands from similar necks of the woods?
cheers,
Norm

I think its to be expected that "Likes" would slow and tail off at some point and there are more duplicates

I much appreciate all the likes I have as every little helps. I was more than really happy when the Badgers one reached 100 as the page had stubbornly stuck at around 70 for months. The idea was originally to help new bands to get established on FB.

I followed the lead of some others and put up a 2nd site of a WIP band. The Angry Badgers, which was the first has about 50 likes-maybe a few of those are from outside the thread and the 2nd "Deep Red" has had 12 so maybe the thread is going to falter. On the other hand, many could well come back and like everyone before the thread closes. I would think High 40's should be possible if everyone hangs in. Fingers crossed for you guys and gals!

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1420738796' post='2652862']
Next thing is try to do some gigs together with bands from similar necks of the woods?
[/quote]

I was thinking something along these lines.

There are quite a few on here from similar areas so it could be a handy gig organisation tool.

Some venues around my way love it if yo can populate an entire night line-up.

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1420743299' post='2652960']
I was thinking something along these lines.

There are quite a few on here from similar areas so it could be a handy gig organisation tool.

Some venues around my way love it if yo can populate an entire night line-up.
[/quote]

It's already happening, Since reading our FB page Black Dog Company have joined The Angry Badgers are on the same bill at the Louisiana on the 1st of February :)

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1420743703' post='2652974']

It's already happening, Since reading our FB page Black Dog Company have joined The Angry Badgers are on the same bill at the Louisiana on the 1st of February :)
[/quote]

excellent work fellas! Any slots left that night? :-)