Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Auditioned 3 Guitarists today. May have a worlds first on my hands here.

Les

I've double checked with both the singer and the drummer to make sure it really happened and I've been
assured that I did actually have to ask ALL THREE OF THEM TO TURN UP :lol:

What has happened to the world ?? Surely this messes with the very fabric of space and time ?

Bewildered of Wigan

The last guitarist we auditioned, wow, I wish he hadn't turned up. Looked the part and had a beautiful Gibson Firebird, however, despite his assurances that
he knew most of the songs on the list we'd given him the only song he could play was Alright Now.

That wasn't on the list <_<

Edited by Subbeh

[quote name='Les' timestamp='1419203847' post='2637648']
I've double checked with both the singer and the drummer to make sure it really happened and I've been
assured that I did actually have to ask ALL THREE OF THEM TO TURN UP :lol:

What has happened to the world ?? Surely this messes with the very fabric of space and time ?

Bewildered of Wigan
[/quote]

Might actually be because you are a sh*t hot local band with a great reputation and loads of gigs on the books, ya pudden nut :rolleyes: :lol:

You can have 3 guitarists, but it does require each to actually work out a specific part for themselves, and then only play that part, remembering that space is vital. They also really have to work together on eq/tone so as to not get in each others way. But once you are there, it does sound good. Had that in my last band, 3 guitarists all with radically different gear and styles - of course being an originals band it was easier to accomodate this.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1419252954' post='2637983']

Might actually be because you are a sh*t hot local band with a great reputation and loads of gigs on the books, ya pudden nut :rolleyes: :lol:
[/quote] turn up as in arrive or turn up as in turn the volume up?

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1419499274' post='2640410']
turn up as in arrive or turn up as in turn the volume up?
[/quote]
[quote name='Les' timestamp='1419499523' post='2640412']
Volume.
[/quote]

:rolleyes: Doh, I really must learn to read :blush:
I still stand by my statement regarding band though!

It is no use having a gtr who hides...or anyone else in the band for that matter,
so them playing too quietly is a 'pointer' in my book.
I'd probably keep looking... there is a difference between being too loud and being
oblivious to that, and not being 'there'..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1419590625' post='2641035'] It is no use having a gtr who hides...or anyone else in the band for that matter, so them playing too quietly is a 'pointer' in my book. I'd probably keep looking... there is a difference between being too loud and being oblivious to that, and not being 'there'.. [/quote]

The guy who got the job did laugh when I said I've had to tell everyone to turn up and said "auditions isn't it ? we are all on our best behaviour"