Why become a member? ×

Fender CS bass atrocity on eBay

Noisyjon

First up, apologies if this bass is a fellow BC'ers bass and what I'm going to say is only [i]my[/i] opinion :unsure:

The 2 things that stand out for me is why modify a rare Ltd. edition CS P bass like that to start with and to then go and try to sell it on asking £3k for it...

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191356356733?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191356356733?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]

I guess all I can say is GLWTS :lol:

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1412762351' post='2571665']
Duo tone ash/alder body thing. If I had paid full whack for a CS P in blonde I would be hugely sad to have a great big go faster stripe down the middle of the body.
[/quote]

That bothers me far more than any of the modifications. Plus the fact that the body has been made out of 3 pieces of wood.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1412777944' post='2571942']
[size=4]Why didn't they just buy a p/j to begin with? [/size] :blink:
[/quote]

Kind of my thinking too 40Hz, especially at CS priced instruments.
I am enjoying the opinions from both sides of the fence on this one though.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1412762471' post='2571668']

That bothers me far more than any of the modifications. Plus the fact that the body has been made out of 3 pieces of wood.
[/quote]
I ended up on Karlfers hit list for suggesting things like my single piece slab ash body on my musicman classic or in that case a Lakland being better than Fenders like this, he said that im a knob for not adding a IMO, who would prefer that 3 piece body for tone or visual reasons?
As for modding it its nothing that special is it? I have a john east pre in my ClassicRay, I guess some people would have winced as I unsoldered the factory wires on a £2200 bass but its my bass ;)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412799210' post='2572263']

I ended up on Karlfers hit list for suggesting things like my single piece slab ash body on my musicman classic or in that case a Lakland being better than Fenders like this, he said that im a knob for not adding a IMO, who would prefer that 3 piece body for tone or visual reasons?
As for modding it its nothing that special is it? I have a john east pre in my ClassicRay, I guess some people would have winced as I unsoldered the factory wires on a £2200 bass but its my bass ;)
[/quote]

Do you seriously think people here have a 'hit list'?

Surely not?

Also, even if they do, then stirring things up on a completely unassociated thread isn't really necessary :(

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412804288' post='2572352']
Well he said I pissed him off but "never again" so either I am blocked or he is going to bump me off :lol:
The reason I bought it up was because it is related due to the 3 piece body, the bass in the picture has one hence the association, I thought that was quite clear, maybe not? :)
[/quote]

Sorry Pete but that's a poor excuse to take a cheap shot at another forum member - his views about your comments in another thread bear no relevance to this one.

Sounds like there's a bit of a 'chip on shoulder' syndrome going on here :(

Think what you like, I have long since given up trying to please everyone and anyone who knows me knows I have no chip on my shoulder. All I am seeing is you stirring it up, the posts in the other thread were about high end Fenders and their construction, this one is a high end Fender that is below par IMO hence the relation of the threads. In fact the other thread was not even about Fenders it just got trolled and trashed by Fender fans as the bass in the OP was Fender shaped.

I believe there is a block function? feel free to use it :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1412877044' post='2572937']
Who said that?.....my quantity of tosses can be counted on one hand these days what people think or say on the net or think of me, people who know me know what I'm really like, probably why I have no friends!
[/quote]

I am of course just joking. Probably quite inappropriately. Sorry. I don't have anyone blocked these days, I just let all wash over me. :D

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1412877025' post='2572936']
I wouldn't say that the ash/alder three piece body is indicative of poor quality, it's just a rather eccentric design decision. If I was ordering one, I wouldn't go for that, but then it's not my bass.
[/quote]
Two pieces I can live with but in one thread we are talking tone woods and here is what looks like a neck thru Gibson with different wings attached, I cant see it being good for tone or strength, Nick from nicks guitars plays a Stingray that snapped in half down the joint, he bought it like that and glued it back together.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1412877025' post='2572936']
I wouldn't say that the ash/alder three piece body is indicative of poor quality, it's just a rather eccentric design decision. If I was ordering one, I wouldn't go for that, but then it's not my bass.
[/quote]

It's not the 3 piece body that irks me it's the fact that these were something like £2,200 new and I'm, struggling to see how a J pickup being added whacks on another £800 odd quid!