Why become a member? ×

Parcelforce Fail Again

ash

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1410622541' post='2551371']
Amazing isn`t it, "it always happens", so instead of sorting things so that it doesn`t, they try and remove the Sat option. Still, I suppose seeing as the only option - as far as I know - is Parcelforce receiving it from Customs, they have the monopoly/no competition, so no incentive to help the customer.
[/quote]

what monopoly? there are loads of delivery companies available - guess it depends on who the US delivery company use as their partners overseas - some of the larger ones dont even go outside their own - i know personally that if you fedex a parcel in London to NYC it goes fedex all the way - had i used UKMail then not sure who would have delivered it in NYC :)

Edited by steve-bbb

Spot on Big Stu, the irony is inescapable.

No excuses for my sarcastic and badly worded incomprehensible post.

Apologies from this newbie.

"I did enjoy the irony in the newbie's post of having a spelling mistake in a sentence about doing homework."

Glad you enjoyed it.

The title of this thread is...
[b] Parcelforce Fail Again[/b]

Your complaint is actually directed at HMRC. Parcelforce do not levy customs charges. Nor does Royal Mail.

HMRC do it all off their own bat. Blame the government. Or the shareholders.

I find it very hard to believe that HMRC have the time to reclassify a single lonely scratchplate as a "collector's item" and then charge extra duty for the item.

Surely the truth in this case is that the seller 'labelled' it as such ?

Maybe somebody on this forum could step in and explain if there is a one/two/three etc. tier operating within HMRC, whereby an SG scratchplate incurs higher duty if it is somehow regarded as a 'collector's item', but escapes with lower duty if it is just a bog standard scratchplate. How would HMRC know from looking at an envelope that it contains the Holy Grail of SG scratchplateness ?

thanks to phil.c60 appreciate your support

...and "Happy Bunnie" - Bunny, surely (OK, unless it's the diminutive address, but somewhat unlikely, I feel).

Big Stu will luv you for dis.

somewhat unlikely, I feel.

1) Percentage level of "import duty" applied all depends on what the sender wrote in the description on the customs form
2) If you send it Special Delivery: Saturday it will be IME delivered on Saturday
3) You should be ashamed of yourselves for having a pop at the newbie, especially on grammar/spelling matters.

:rolleyes: looks like "blisters" the newbie is trying to come in hard from the start to create some kind of rep. Not been here long enough to take a dump yet trying to start rows instead of doing his homework.
I guess you must be right, I even bet the thought of that will cause even more blisters in all your excitement.

Since the 'plate was just advertised as "SG Junior scratchplate" and I paid (IIRC) $18 for it + postage - about 12 years ago I'll have to bow to your expert knowledge on whether that would be a "collector's item" price or not. Since PF had also taken about 3 weeks to even notify me it was on hold pending payment I didn't lose any sleep over it. Neither did the seller, since I made other purchases later.

[b] Parcelforce Fail Again [font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=times new roman,times,serif]remember this ?[/font][/font][/b]

The only time I had a package coming thru customs they wanted enough duty to make the "collectors item" (an SG Junior scratchplate) cost about the same as if I'd bought it here. I told them to just send it back, I wouldn't pay it. Ooooh! They were NOT happy bunnies.!!! "

Once again

.......the item came "thru" customs... "they wanted enough duty.... "collectors item".. ( as described by the seller in the USA ? ) cost about the same as if I'd bought it here etc.

You didn't realise you would have to pay duty. This is paid to HMRC. Not Parcelforce or Royal Mail.

You were wrong.

Because I've objected to your petulant and factually incorrect statements regarding Royal Mail , HMRC and Parcelforce you now seem to think it is perfectly ok to post a statement such as this...

" :rolleyes: looks like "blisters" the newbie is trying to come in hard from the start to create some kind of rep. Not been here long enough to take a dump yet trying to start rows instead of doing his homework."

Nice.

Interesting that you seem to think that a forum such as this has some kind of pecking order whereby "newbies" such as myself can be ridiculed and on the other hand posters with faarsands'n'faarsands of posts can sit back and wait for support.

Still waiting Stu ?

And then you post this.....presumably this is aimed at me...

"I guess you must be right, I even bet the thought of that will cause even more blisters in all your excitement."

Must be some curious local lingo thing going on there.

Sorry Stu just don't get it ? Do you always hide behind the crowd ? Do you ever make any sense ?

[quote name='blisters on my fingers' timestamp='1412134618' post='2565981']
[b] Parcelforce Fail Again [font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=times new roman,times,serif]remember this ?[/font][/font][/b]

The only time I had a package coming thru customs they wanted enough duty to make the "collectors item" (an SG Junior scratchplate) cost about the same as if I'd bought it here. I told them to just send it back, I wouldn't pay it. Ooooh! They were NOT happy bunnies.!!! "

Once again

.......the item came "thru" customs... "they wanted enough duty.... "collectors item".. ( as described by the seller in the USA ? ) cost about the same as if I'd bought it here etc.

You didn't realise you would have to pay duty. This is paid to HMRC. Not Parcelforce or Royal Mail.[/quote]

The only person at any stage who used "collectors item" was the guy at RM on the phone, when I was asked to call them in a letter saying that they'd held it for 3-4 weeks pending a customs levy payment from me. That was his reply (hence the quotes I used) after I'd asked why the levy was such that it doubled the cost of the item.

The rest of your post........
[quote name='blisters on my fingers' timestamp='1412134618' post='2565981']Do you always hide behind the crowd ?[/quote]
[quote name='blisters on my fingers' timestamp='1412134618' post='2565981']Do you ever make any sense ?
[/quote]

etc ............. I've reported as deliberate trolling/provocation. Since you've spent almost half of your posts so far on sniping I doubt your genuine intent on being here. I won't be indulging your pedantry any further.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1412158681' post='2566182']etc ............. I've reported as deliberate trolling/provocation. Since you've spent almost half of your posts so far on sniping I doubt your genuine intent on being here. I won't be indulging your pedantry any further.[/quote]

You started it.