Why become a member? ×

Customer Service From Warwick

Thunderbird

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1405073166' post='2498525']

Thank you Adam, made my day worthwhile. Hope all going well on your road to stardom. Jealous, moi? :D

Agree with much you say, however, they do have some purchasing power with their couriers for obvious reasons.
The point I was trying to make is if I wanted a £180 bass, it would cost me the same for delivery as something that would come in a small jiffy bag (no comments discreet thank you :lol: ).
So for something small, that is in fact quite a lot cheaper, it makes little sense when I can get the same thing from the UK, higher price, cheaper postage, no currency waffling about.
Time to leave Mr TBird alone, enough perhaps?

MrPete1977, is that the Button Moon just down the road from Highley, where I will be all next week?
[/quote]
Postage is free on items above about £165 but is now €15 on anything less which is good for an amp or lights etc, we shouldn't really be buying items smaller than that from Germany IMO anyway.
My button moon is in Staffordshire :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1405080888' post='2498633']
Postage is free on items above about £165 but is now €15 on anything less which is good for an amp or lights etc, we shouldn't really be buying items smaller than that from Germany IMO anyway.
My button moon is in Staffordshire :)
[/quote]

Too far for a cuppa :D

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1405070428' post='2498468']

Maybe a bit of subtlety got lost in the translation of the communication - remember, it will be a German replying in his second language.
[/quote]

This is quite possibly the most pedantic I have ever been in my life, but here goes...

It may not be a German responding. There are thousands of expats in Germany from all over the world. The person responding could have English as a first language or third, fourth or whatever.

End of unendurable pedantry.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1405104111' post='2498912']
Don't think we'll find out the outcome now, as the op has left the thread ;(
[/quote] To be honest I had but I thought I would leave a little update I had a lovely little chat with a very nice lady from Warwick and she understood the issue and we will discuss it some more and I will not be putting the positive response in the open forum either as if it was meant to be said in public they would of said it in public and I still maintain that it is very unethical to put private messages on an open forum board that is the whole point of it being private if this upsets any of the people who who seem to think they are Judge , Jury and Executioner but really are quite insignificant well sorry in advance :) Now could we please try to be civil and keep things moving along in an adult manor? we all all grown ups after all :)

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405105337' post='2498926']
If you're going to tarnish a brand's reputation, it's only fair to back it up with facts, i.e. publish their exact reponse.

It's nice that they're helping you now, but to be fair they shouldn't have to.
[/quote] That is your view and you are entitled to it but if THEY wanted what they had to say said in public they would of posted in the main chat and not of sent me a private message

I bought some strings off Thomann and put them on after owning them for a couple of months.

The E string snapped as soon as any tension was put on it.

Contacted Thomann, was told to send picture of string.

New set arrived a couple of days later. Bloody Germans!

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405106331' post='2498940']
That is your view and you are entitled to it but if THEY wanted what they had to say said in public they would of posted in the main chat and not of sent me a private message
[/quote]

Maybe they're just classier than that.

Let's not forget, they've done nowt wrong. Anything they do to help you is out of courtesy because you didn't do what you were supposed to do.

Thunderbird is now more fully acquainted with the ins-and-outs of dealing with a duff item. Warwick seem to be extending some assistance and a happy result [i]may[/i] be impending. Sundry members have had an opportunity to wag the finger.

Turned out nice again. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405106654' post='2498946']
Maybe they're just classier than that.

Let's not forget, they've done nowt wrong. Anything they do to help you is out of courtesy because you didn't do what you were supposed to do.
[/quote] Well I tend to disagree I am more than in my rights to contact them if I think the item is unfit for purpose even if had returned them to the retailer I could still of contacted Warwick to air my views and at the end of the the day I was not happy with the service I had back I and I thought it was pretty poor anyway things are looking up so I am cool

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405107570' post='2498955']
I think the item is unfit for purpose even if had returned them to the retailer I could still of contacted Warwick to air my views
[/quote]

I think you're missing the point. Contacting them isn't the issue.

Coming on here slagging them off instead of going through the proper channels is. It's just shabby, IMO.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405107751' post='2498956']
I think you're missing the point. Contacting them isn't the issue.

Coming on here slagging them off instead of going through the proper channels is. It's just shabby, IMO.
[/quote] I think you are missing the point so I think as we are not going to agree we should draw a line under it and move on there is nothing more constructive to say

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405107935' post='2498958']
I think you are missing the point so I think as we are not going to agree we should draw a line under it and move on there is nothing more constructive to say
[/quote]

I don't think I am missing the point. I just think you're struggling for a come-back. :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405108084' post='2498960']
You think that :) have a nice weekend :) xx
[/quote]
Before you go i'd like to sincerely thank you for one of the most amusing threads ever on Basschat. I really hope that you've learnt something from all of this. Here's hoping. :D

True, you were within your rights to contact Warwick.

As you have no contract of sale with Warwick they were not obliged by law to do anything except refer you to Thomann.

Warwick have now gone further than the law demands of them to help you.

Round we go again.

Edited by Grangur