Why become a member? ×

Customer Service From Warwick

Thunderbird

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405029441' post='2498208']
+1. Good customer service is all-important. It's not rocket surgery.
[/quote]
+1. The advice given by Warwick to return the strings to the retailer is correct so it sounds like decent customer service to me.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1405029206' post='2498204']
Maybe Thunderbird should have contacted Thomann but he explained perfectly clearly why he didn't, still no need for such a snotty response from Warwick or some of the posters on here.
[/quote]

"Snotty" ? Don't agree with you Gary. I've re-read the thread and the worst you can say about Warwick is they did not go the extra mile and the info they gave the OP was correct. With regard to freebies for a Bash, as I explained, at least they replied. And as for other posters, they have all been broadly supportive even whilst pointing out Thomann is first port of call with the complaint.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1405029206' post='2498204']
Maybe Thunderbird should have contacted Thomann but he explained perfectly clearly why he didn't, still no need for such a snotty response from Warwick or some of the posters on here.
[/quote] Thanks Gary :) That was my whole point like I said before in an earier post it was not so much the strings that annoyed me it was more the "Dont give a monkeys attitude that annoyed me" but oh well :o I would like to add that maybe returning them to Thomann which I think are fantastic BTW maybe it would be the right thing to do but ultimately Thomann would send them back to Warwick to claim the money back on them so what I do not get is why Warwick were not very helpful directly? all they have done is lost any repeat business from me

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1405056916' post='2498303']
I'm amazed the whole set were dead.

One in a pack is fair enough, but the whole set? That's just extremely bad luck.
[/quote] Yep but in all fairness the D and G were not that bad but the E and A were just unplayable IMO they had this horrible kind of droning ehco sound it was just awful kind of like the sound of twanging a half stretched rubber band

Edited by Thunderbird

Not wanting to pay the postage to return something is not Warwick's problem and if the item is proven to be faulty a good retailer (Thomann not Warwick in this case) would cover the postage to return anyway.

The only course of action here is to contact Thomann...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405029441' post='2498208']

+1. Good customer service is all-important. It's not rocket surgery.
[/quote]
but have you thought about this? He was doing the equivalent of phoning David Beckham and complaining about a duff bottle of after shave.

Warwick don't make strings. They probably don't ever see any Warwick branded strings.

What they failed at was communication.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1405060955' post='2498335']
but have you thought about this? He was doing the equivalent of phoning David Beckham and complaining about a duff bottle of after shave.

Warwick don't make strings. They probably don't ever see any Warwick branded strings.

What they failed at was communication.
[/quote] But maybe David Beckham might give a sh*t? have you thought about that? And it is there dont care attitude that I am more annoyed about than the strings as you will see in my previous posts :)

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405061524' post='2498338']
But maybe David Beckham might give a sh*t? have you thought about that? And it is there dont care attitude that I am more annoyed about than the strings as you will see in my previous posts :)
[/quote]And what evidence did you give them that you weren't just a chancer after a free set of strings?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405057666' post='2498309']
Yep but in all fairness the D and G were not that bad but the E and A were just unplayable IMO they had this horrible kind of droning ehco sound it was just awful kind of like the sound of twanging a half stretched rubber band
[/quote]

I've had this sort of sound before when my pickups were too high for strings. Might be worth a try to lower them a little.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1405062399' post='2498346']
I've had this sort of sound before when my pickups were too high for strings. Might be worth a try to lower them a little.
[/quote] Tanks I have tried that but to no avail but my Rotos sound just dandy on the bass now I have put them on

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405054591' post='2498298']
Thanks Gary :) That was my whole point like I said before in an earier post it was not so much the strings that annoyed me it was more the "Dont give a monkeys attitude that annoyed me" but oh well :o I would like to add that maybe returning them to Thomann which I think are fantastic BTW maybe it would be the right thing to do but ultimately Thomann would send them back to Warwick to claim the money back on them so what I do not get is why Warwick were not very helpful directly? all they have done is lost any repeat business from me
[/quote]

Maybe Thomann don't buy the strings off of Warwick? If Thomann buy the strings off of the string manufacturer (not warwick) then the RMA would actually be with the manufacturer not Warwick. Whereas if you return the string to Warwick they wouldn't be able to do this as they weren't originally purchased off of them?

I agree that they haven't gone the extra mile but really they have not obligation too (also they have no proof that you've even bought some strings :lol: there's nothing stopping me contacting warwick saying the same thing but I don't use their strings :D)

Maybe it would have been a different case if it had been that you contacted thomann and they had said no and THEN you had contacted Warwick and explained the situation?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1405061793' post='2498340']
I would of sent the strings back minus the packaging as I stated
[/quote]
I still don't understand why you don't simply return the strings to the retailer you bought them from. As has previously been said if the goods are unfit for purpose you do not need the original packaging to return them. The seller should also pay your return postage costs.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1405064983' post='2498377']
+1 on the recommendation to contact Thomann for a refund. The OP's contract is with Thomann, and it is them that is in breach of contract if the goods are not fit for purpose. Having the packaging or not doesn't matter if the return is because the goods are faulty.
[/quote]

Another +1 to; the contract is with thomann and no-one else is involved pov
And also on the charitable giving; you can ask, but that doesn't oblige a company to give away their products

I get the point about returning the strings to Thomann thing but the whole point of the thread is really about the customer service and the" I don't really care attitude" that is what has annoyed me more than the strings

Edited by Thunderbird

I must admit surprise at seeing this thread title at the top this morning; my previous encounters with Warwick customer services has been excellent - when my bass fell over & broke the adjustanut they sent me a replacement and a second one "just in case". They also repaired my amp when it had a problem (caused by a useless shop) and changed the carry handle without being asked because they had upgraded to a sturdier one, all FoC.

That was all about 10 years ago so I guess things may have changed.

As for the freebies; "meh" it's nice when they do but the bigger the company the less likely they are to help in my experience. It would have been awesome if they'd sent the bass bash some stuff but they must get asked for stuff every day & it would be deemed unfair to give to some and not others so many companies just go down the "no" route.