Sarah5string

What are you listening to right now?

39 minutes ago, dave moffat said:

fishing forum?

That'll be flatworms and roundworms. Apparently, in the fishing community, "Diggin' for bait" actually means what it says, and isn't automatically assumed to be a sexual innuendo from the early days of blues music. Who'd have thought it?

could have wirewounds, hoopwounds, lugwounds, lungwounds, nothing an anthelmintic or pyrethroid wouldn't sort. Dangle yer worm around and you never know what you might get, other than a listed on the offenders register.

• Confused 1

I think this thread may be derailed,  and I (mercifully) have little understanding and no experience of what I think @dave moffat might be referring to.🙂

So as it's my fault we're here, I shall bring the thread back on topic:

Backbone, Status Quo's current album. Which is actually a LOT better than you expect it to be.

23 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I think this thread may be derailed,  and I (mercifully) have little understanding and no experience of what I think @dave moffat might be referring to.🙂

Allow me to correct that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One melody, two sets of lyrics, two singers.

Which do you prefer?

While it's the antithesis of my punky roots, this evening is all about Donald Fagen.  Cheeky bottle of red and Donald.  Joy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Band from my Hometown.... "Motorjesus"

• Like 1

Nubya Garcia and her band.  There is nothing else, I am like a moth at the light. 

And the new Sanborn Sessions go google on UTube

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 2

I listen to quite a lot of quiet amorphous ambient droning music - Steve Roach produces way too many albums and these days I don't think much of most of them but I like Early Man - I listen to this type of stuff Eno-style "on low levels" through ear-buds when I go to bed every night - this is what I'm listening to atm - as in this past week or two:-

Just listening to Neu!'s first album, never listened to them before, excellent. I had no idea that the marvellous Negativland were named after one of the tracks from this album, anyway, any excuse...

• Like 1

Gloryhammer - it's bonkers parody medieval heroic metal (quality noodling though).

Going to see Robert Vincent next week, so catching up on some of his great stuff.

I'm a big fan of the Warp label and have been listening to a load of their stuff like Boards of Canada, Two Lone Swordsmen, Nightmares on Wax and Autechre, in particular Autechre and the newly released NTS Sessions.   However, I won't be recommending them to most folk here 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I'm a big fan of the Warp label and have been listening to a load of their stuff like Boards of Canada, Two Lone Swordsmen, Nightmares on Wax and Autechre, in particular Autechre and the newly released NTS Sessions.   However, I won't be recommending them to most folk here 😉

Love BofC  and Autechre. They played at a venue I used to work at and all the old trad rock crew were dissing them something awful, I thought they were superb. No lights, completely blacked out stage, only sounds to listen to, brilliant live experience.

• Like 1

Wee trip down memory lane and remembered this amazing band from 70's

John Sloman was a fantastic singer / frontman.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I think John Peel was played a few tracks off the Firing on All Six album at the time he was playing Siouxsie etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I rented a room off Dixie Lee, the drummer, for a couple of years. Used to spend a lot of time playing V Rally and Goldeneye with him. Got to jam with him and Kenny Driscoll, the second Lone Star singer a few times.

9 hours ago, lemonstar said:

I think John Peel was played a few tracks off the Firing on All Six album at the time he was playing Siouxsie etc

Think that was where i first heard them.

4 hours ago, odysseus said:

I rented a room off Dixie Lee, the drummer, for a couple of years. Used to spend a lot of time playing V Rally and Goldeneye with him. Got to jam with him and Kenny Driscoll, the second Lone Star singer a few times.

Think Kenny Driscoll was the 1st singer on the 1st album then John Sloman took over for the 2nd and 3rd albums.

That was probably the start of the band you were involved in :laugh1:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1