Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='WalMan' post='861584' date='Jun 8 2010, 10:24 PM']The new Spocks Beard CD (X).

Pre ordered ages ago (they used the Marillion method this time round) and it arrived while I was away on a conference for the last couple of days. Only a pre order for me not in the Honorary Exec Producers list, or featured in on of the songs, as the Hon Execs were. That package (nice as it would be to support a band I love) was a bit out of my price range!

MrsW was out shopping when I got home so I got an uninterrupted listen through before she got back.

Generally liking it a lot & wil be giving it another blast on the way to work (and probably home again) tomorrow[/quote]
Lucky you! still waiting for mine to arrive!

[quote name='bottlebassman' post='862652' date='Jun 9 2010, 08:43 PM']Lucky you! still waiting for mine to arrive![/quote]
...but you know it'll be worth it - and presumably are aware of the manufacturing issue that arose causing a delay? Shouldn't be too long hopefully. Got the t-shirt along with a sticker and a card included thanking everyone who pre-ordered for their faith in the band and help

A couple more listens today & still loving it generally, but then I am a bit of a fanboy when it comes to the Beard. Some bits will grow I think. The opener has bits that are reminiscent of a couple of tracks from IX, but still good - especially LOUD in the car.

... and as ever Dave Meros has a great tone (one that I strive for) and the bass is certainly not hiding in the mix

[quote name='WalMan' post='862818' date='Jun 10 2010, 12:53 AM']...but you know it'll be worth it - and presumably are aware of the manufacturing issue that arose causing a delay? Shouldn't be too long hopefully. Got the t-shirt along with a sticker and a card included thanking everyone who pre-ordered for their faith in the band and help

A couple more listens today & still loving it generally, but then I am a bit of a fanboy when it comes to the Beard. Some bits will grow I think. The opener has bits that are reminiscent of a couple of tracks from IX, but still good - especially LOUD in the car.

... and as ever Dave Meros has a great tone (one that I strive for) and the bass is certainly not hiding in the mix[/quote]

Got my copy yesterday. I had the t-shirt option. I heard there had been some delay because some of the discs were skipping. Track 1 on mine skips, but it loaded up fine in itunes and I've ripped a disc for the car.

I love the beard, and I sounds like they have made another gem after a few brief listens. Check out Dave Meros. Not shy in the mix and a great tone.

Hope they tour again soon.

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='863288' date='Jun 10 2010, 02:10 PM']Got my copy yesterday. I had the t-shirt option. I heard there had been some delay because some of the discs were skipping. Track 1 on mine skips, but it loaded up fine in itunes and I've ripped a disc for the car.

I love the beard, and I sounds like they have made another gem after a few brief listens. Check out Dave Meros. Not shy in the mix and a great tone.

Hope they tour again soon.[/quote]
The problem was with the final track 'cos they squeezed 79+ minutes on the CD and some of the blanks at the processing plant had minor flaws that would have been OK with a shorter disc. If you email Glenn who handled the mailings he should replace problem discs I believe.

+1 to Dave Meros and a tour soon. The CD has been on constant play in the car.

This morning

OK Go - Here It Goes
Rush - YYZ
AAF - Smooth Criminal
Dead Prez - Hip Hop
Lonley Island - I'm on a Boat
Faith No More - Easy
Jacknife Lee - Get your 9LB Cock on
Dee Lite - Groove is in the Heart
Reel Big Fish - Trendy
Scroobius Pip Vs Dan Le Sac - Push The Button
Looking Up - 3 Times 75