Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

‘Human Synths’ by the amazing Horn House. Bass duties are performed by Laurence Cottle, Stefan Redtenbacher, Nichol Thomson and Nathan King.  An absolutely fantastic pop album with some of the best horn section playing you will ever hear. 

Edited by MNY

Been listening to these guys for years , all very skilled musicians. The way they have composed some of their songs are highly impressive and some of them are really quite complex musically (to me anyway)

Not everyones taste but here they are...

57 minutes ago, lowdown said:

What am I listening to right now? I tell you what I'm listening to...

A song in 4/4 with an eleven bar chorus. I can't believe they got away with it...how dare they?

Well, that's the 80's for you (yeah, I know it was written in the 70's)

:D

Not heard that in decades, I just remembered it as a pop song. Played though a proper HiFi it sounds great. 

• Like 1

Driving home from band rehearsal yesterday evening (Rememberance Sunday) this came on Radio 3. I'd not heard it before, and being on the motorway I couldn't hear all the lyrics, so this morning I checked the programme's playlist and looked it up on YouTube. Beautiful and moving. It was written and is also performed by Eric Bogle.

Edited by Earbrass