Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

[quote name='cybertect' timestamp='1379109013' post='2208900']
I purchased the new Arctic Monkeys album, 'AM', today. And an oldie - 'Rain, Steam & Speed' by New Zealand's finest, The Mutton Birds.

Enjoying them both very much. AM may have convinced me I have to try some dirt in my bass sound...
[/quote]

Mutton Birds, what a band. 'Envy of Angels' is (IMO) better than RS+S, and there are great songs on their first two as well.

:hi: [color=#37404E]... Listening to a *New* LEVEL 42 track called 'Sirens' (recorded LIVE at the IndigO2 September, 2013).. [/color]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gohQwHgNw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0gohQwHgNw[/url]

[color=#333333][size=3]Level 42: - Mark King -Bass & Vox, Mike Lindup -keyboards & Vox, Nathan King -guitar & Vox, Pete Biggin -drums, Sean Freeman -Sax & vox, [/size][/color]
[color=#333333][size=3]Nicol Thompson -trombone & Dan Carpenter -trumpet.[/size][/color]

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1380054917' post='2220310']
:hi: [color=#37404E]... Listening to a *New* LEVEL 42 track called 'Sirens' (recorded LIVE at the IndigO2 September, 2013).. [/color]

[color=#333333][size=3]Level 42: - Mark King -Bass & Vox, Mike Lindup -keyboards & Vox, Nathan King -guitar & Vox, Pete Biggin -drums, Sean Freeman -Sax & vox, [/size][/color]
[color=#333333][size=3]Nicol Thompson -trombone & Dan Carpenter -trumpet.[/size][/color]
[/quote]
I was going to post this. It's a true return to their roots and blimmin excellent too. Just a shame we're only going to get a 6 track EP and not a full album.

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1380126823' post='2221245']
I was going to post this. It's a true return to their roots and blimmin excellent too. Just a shame we're only going to get a 6 track EP and not a full album.
[/quote]

+1. I forgot :rolleyes: to mention that I think it's excellent too. I can hear lots of other 'Level' songs in there with 'Sirens' (Shades of "Overtime".. "Romance" and "Love Meeting Love").. Mike has made a massive contribution (this can't be overstated enough) and still sounding great on Rhodes!.. I've seen them twice this year @ Guildford and the IndigO2 last Friday, and the band appear to be quite relaxed and in great form. Nathan and Sean are doing a marvellous job, with Mark and Pete simmering away nicely.. more to come from both of them..

I know it's only an EP, but it will be very interesting to see how they go about releasing this.. Mark has said before that they were thinking of doing a limited run of vinyl?!?! so, will it be through a record label; iTunes - really hope NOT - or a CD direct from LEVEL42.com.. either way, this would make a great Xmas prezzie!

#LEVELHEAD forever :D