Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Weirdly I saw a piece on the BBC website about how Marianne Faithful had to cancel her tour. I looked her up on Youtube as I had only heard As Tears Go By. Anyway, on the same page was Spooky Tooth. I have heard of them, but not really listened to them. I have been listening to the full album of The Mirror by them, and quite liked it. [url="http://youtu.be/XIHfhrPLr5s"]http://youtu.be/XIHfhrPLr5s[/url]

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1376608711' post='2176931']
good call !
[/quote]

Cheers, that Dwarves song was ace too. I still prefer the older, hardcore stuff from Blood Guts and Pussy and The Dwarves Are Young and Good Looking, but the new stuff is great as well, in a different way. Every time I've seen em play live they've tended to play the faster, heavier stuff, and the crowd always goes nuts, even in tiny venues.

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1376609207' post='2176942']
Cheers, that Dwarves song was ace too. I still prefer the older, hardcore stuff from Blood Guts and Pussy and The Dwarves Are Young and Good Looking, but the new stuff is great as well, in a different way. Every time I've seen em play live they've tended to play the faster, heavier stuff, and the crowd always goes nuts, even in tiny venues.
[/quote]
that track is one i'm learning to play at the mo. it's nice and simple, and a perfect motorhead-meets-pop tune. Hewho is debating a mini UK tour, maybe next year, and this is one of the tracks we may end up doing.

at first i thought i'd have to use a pick (no bad thing), but my 3-finger technique is now nailing it beautifully, thanks to perseverance, and i think i can do it more than justice.