What a fantastic album! A while since I last heard it. So worth a fresh listen
[/quote]

Another perfect debut album...

Third is a great album too...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsoZRBZvdOc[/media]

Edited by bartelby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Radiate - Enter Shikari, love the heavy electronic synth intro and is a lot like their older stuff
Homesick (album) - A Day To Remember, love this album! Ever song is great

May not be what the average basschat user listens to, but I'm 16 years old with a terrible music taste :)

Edited by Themrperson

[quote name='Themrperson' timestamp='1371932390' post='2119853']
Radiate - Enter Shikari, love the heavy electronic synth intro and is a lot like their older stuff
[/quote]

That takes me back! I had completely forgotten about Enter Shikari. At the time I thought they were hopeless posh boys, but one of my mates learned the guitar part to Jonny Sniper, so I learned the bass part and we used to jam to it. I always quite liked that song despite being quite embarrassed to admit it. Some of it is quite naff, but some of the parts where the guitar is picking out those little lines with the bass driving beneath it, and the lockup between the guitars and the drums...are actually quite good!

I was considering this gem last night, from a time before 36 Crazyfists started turning out albums of hokey rubbish. Atmosphere, groove, this has it all. That delay sound on the guitars give this such a massive, desolate feel. It has that touch of Alaska to it!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PSt73Uj_o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PSt73Uj_o[/url]

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1371969637' post='2120082']
That takes me back! I had completely forgotten about Enter Shikari. At the time I thought they were hopeless posh boys, but one of my mates learned the guitar part to Jonny Sniper, so I learned the bass part and we used to jam to it. I always quite liked that song despite being quite embarrassed to admit it. Some of it is quite naff, but some of the parts where the guitar is picking out those little lines with the bass driving beneath it, and the lockup between the guitars and the drums...are actually quite good!

[/quote]

Yeah, Jonny Sniper has some quite good stuff and I do have to admit the lyrics are a bit naff but I think that Chris Batten is actually a good bassist to be honest. Some of it is quite hard and fun to play! Like Arguing With Thermometers (again some naff lyrics) the chorus is brilliant piece of bass work and with the pedals he uses he gets a proper dubstep sound out of it! It makes me happy :)

Edited by Themrperson