Why become a member? ×

Help needed ... Another Pub down due to one noize complaint !

Adee

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Kettering Council have currently stopped ALL live music at the Cherry Tree in Kettering. They have had many many years of great music up to five days a week and one person who has moved opposite has complained and spoilt it for everyone ! Whilst you may not visit or even know of the Cherry Tree we hope you will take 2 mins to sign the petition and show you support for live music in general .... your local venue could be next ! THANKS ! [url="http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/environmental-health-department-kettering-borough-council-allow-live-music-to-continue-at-the-cherry-tree-public-house-kettering?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_mobile&recruiter=85376729"]http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/environmental-health-department-kettering-borough-council-allow-live-music-to-continue-at-the-cherry-tree-public-house-kettering?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_mobile&recruiter=85376729[/url][/font][/color][/size]

Here's the message I was emailed:

"We've spoken to the owners of The Cherry Tree, They wish to convey that they are not stopping live music permanently. They just wish to address the issues at hand and need time to secure the noise levels and legalities of the abatement notice, They also said they know the pub is enjoyed by many and they wish this to continue but at a more controlled level by refurbishing the pub and taking steps to ensure they abide by the rules. So in short folks - The Cherry Tree is taking a break while they get things in order."

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1403254289' post='2481124'][/size][size=4][sub]I'd never move near a pub, and can't imagine why anyone would.[/sub][/size]
[size=4][/quote][/size][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]It's not all negative. You would maximise drinking time and minimise travelling time. Hic.[/font][/size]

Edited by discreet

:lol: I like peace and quiet and really couldn't put up with Britne balling that her
Arron has 'just snogged some tart and she is going to smack the bitch right up' at 1pm...

I'd close more of them, actually... or certainly require them to pass more stringent music licensing
criteria.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1403254289' post='2481124']
[size=5][sub]Always difficult to call these things from a distance..............[/sub][/size]
[size=5][sub]having said that............ I'd never move near a pub, and can't imagine why anyone would.[/sub][/size]
[/quote]

I lived 4 doors from a GREAT pub, didn't have live music as was far too small.

Spent a lot of money over two years though....

Great fan of pubs but some are just not suitable for live music...
either because they are too near too many houses and have to keep all
doors and windows shut even on hot evenings.. this isn't a deal breaker tho'
and should be able to get sorted...or the playing area is too small, viewing area
inadequate, too near the actual bar so the bar staff can't hear what drinks to serve...
etc etc etc..

A few places round here are putting up a marquee all summer in the garden,... and can then
justify a small stage and host a few outside.. more of an issue with neighbours tho..

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1403267847' post='2481332']
I bought myself a houseboat. But when I walk out of the front door I get all wet. If I complain to the council do you think they will have to drain the canal?
[/quote]

They'd have to, no question. Those bloody rowing types and those swans and ducks will just have to find somewhere else to go. The will of the idiot complainant is paramount!

Edited by discreet