Why become a member? ×

Inappropriate Songs For Weddings...

mxm

Our first dance at our wedding was to Coheed and Cambria's Wake up.

''I'm gonna ride this plane out of your life again
I wish that I could stay, but you argue
More than this I wish, you could've seen my face
In backseats staring out, the window

I'll do anything for you
Kill anyone for you

So leave yourself intact
'Cause I will be coming back
In a phrase to cut these lips
I love you

The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest
Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you decide to wake up

I've earned through hope and faith
On the curves around your face
That I'm the one you'll hold forever
If morning never comes for either one of us
Then this I pray to you wherever

I'll do anything for you
This story is for you
('Cause I'd do anything you want me to for you)
I'll do anything for you
Kill anyone for you

So leave yourself intact
'Cause I won't be coming back
In a phrase to cut these lips
I loved you

The morning will come
Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you decide to wake up

The morning will come
Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
'Til you decide to wake up''

I particularly like the part about killing :huh: Funniyl enough everyone said how beautiful it was and how much it suited us. :):brow:

The first (and last) wedding party I played at was a few years ago. It was guitar (me) and bass (a mate) - no drums or vocals. The bride's idea was that we would play, the lyrics would be up on an overhead projector, and everyone would sing. Er, ok. She requested "Satisfaction" and "Personal Jesus". Yes, that old cheery tune which everyone loves. We rounded out our four tune small set with a blues jam and "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)".

1. She left the lyric sheets behind.
2. Nobody sang, not even during "Satisfaction".
3. Almost everyone stood stone still.

Lessons learned:
1. Trust nobody.
2. No drums or vocals? What were you thinking?
3. Don't play "Personal Jesus".
4. People love "Voodoo Chile".

For the one wedding booking we have had (which fell through at the last minute due to illness) the groom requested Iron Maiden's "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter"! We'd have done it too, although the bride's father was fairly high up in the local constabulary so maybe it wouldn't have been the cleverest idea.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='238347' date='Jul 13 2008, 10:11 AM']The first (and last) wedding party I played at was a few years ago. It was guitar (me) and bass (a mate) - no drums or vocals. The bride's idea was that we would play, the lyrics would be up on an overhead projector, and everyone would sing. Er, ok. She requested "Satisfaction" and "Personal Jesus". Yes, that old cheery tune which everyone loves. We rounded out our four tune small set with a blues jam and "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)".

1. She left the lyric sheets behind.
2. Nobody sang, not even during "Satisfaction".
3. Almost everyone stood stone still.

Lessons learned:
1. Trust nobody.
2. No drums or vocals? What were you thinking?
3. Don't play "Personal Jesus".
4. People love "Voodoo Chile".[/quote]

Yes, Yes, Yes - last night I had to persuade the guitarist NOT to do Voodoo Chile !!! What is it with them ?

What about Metallica "Die, Die My Darling"??
"Die, die, die my darling
Dont utter a single word
Die, die, die my darling
Just shut your pretty eyes
Ill be seeing you again
Yeah, Ill be seeing you, in hell"

Nice sentiment to utter to your new bride!!

We once had to learn Green Day's "Good Riddance" for a wedding.

Think the bride was thinking of the chorus "... I hope you have the time of your life" and didn't actually know the name of the song or what it's actually all about!

[quote name='stoo' post='238500' date='Jul 13 2008, 01:15 PM']Was it the Beautiful South that did "Don't marry her, f**k me"?

That seems like a safe bet to avoid at a wedding gig. :)[/quote]

should have a go at the original lyrics for Perfect 10... those that were being played on the radio in the first week before someone realised what was being sung about... the censored version makes no sense... heck, even the album version when it was released was neutered...

with the original lyrics, it all makes sense what gate she's singing about... and the song is extremely lewd when you know what's being alluded to

[url="http://www2.uol.com.br/cante/lyrics/Beautiful_South_-_Perfect_10.htm"]http://www2.uol.com.br/cante/lyrics/Beauti..._Perfect_10.htm[/url]

^^^ the proper lyrics ^^^

they changed "big fat eight" to "big fat aim"

I did a wedding a few backs where we opened with "Young Hearts Run Free" - maybe not the best choice :huh:

My favourite for a while was a singer who, not really thinking about where we were, announced "Mack The Knife" as "Smack The Wife" - not good :)

'My Head Hurts, My feet Stink And I Don't Love Jesus' by Jimmy Buffett

Also -

At their wedding, for their 'special first song', a couple asked my function band to play 'Hillbilly Rock, Hillbilly Roll' by The Woolpackers (apparently they were big fans of 'Emmerdale'...!!!)

Hey little sister who is it you're with?
Hey little sister what's your vice and wish?
Hey little sister shot gun (oh yeah)
Hey little sister who's your superman?
Hey little sister shot gun!

Never struck me as a terribly good lyric for a wedding, but I gather it's quite popular. :)

cant believe no one has mentioned D.I.V.O.R.C.E. now i would have though that would have been the ultimate song to leave off a set list.
I told my ex wife at our wedding that she looked like peter sellers when he was in the pink panther because of the hat she chose, maybe thats why shes now my ex. lol.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='238491' date='Jul 13 2008, 01:05 PM']We tend to shelve. Specials - Much Too Young ("...you've done too much, much too young. Married with a kid when you should be having fun with me...") :)[/quote]

That was my first thought when I saw the thread! 'No, no, we don't want no more pickney...'