Why become a member? ×

Was Fender Custom P Bass Now Withdrawn

thebeat

Hi again...nice to see this for sale thread is generating plenty of interest :huh:

What i would like to know is this: Who put the transfer on? was it the original seller Mike? or the guy he bought it from? Or was it Kev Hide, who i bought the bass from? [b]It most certainly wasn't me[/b] To be honest i also though the transfer was a bit suss when i received the bass.

[b]So come on guys, who put the transfer on?[/b]

I've contacted kevmanbass/bassmankev or whatever his name is and asked for his side of the story.

I'm gonna make one more price drop on this bass as i really want to buy a Jack Casady, so I'll sell this wonderful bass with a colourful and mysterious history for the price of a Jack Casady which from Thomann £422...plus post.

As someone pointed out the parts on the bass is worth the asking price alone, the allparts neck alone retails for £214 from Allparts UK, the rest of the hardware is also high quality.

This is my final price drop....I'll use the fecking thing as a canoe paddle if it doesn't sell at his price :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='235590' date='Jul 9 2008, 11:30 AM']Hi again...nice to see this for sale thread is generating plenty of interest :huh:

What i would like to know is this: Who put the transfer on? was it the original seller Mike? or the guy he bought it from? Or was it Kev Hide, who i bought the bass from? [b]It most certainly wasn't me[/b] To be honest i also though the transfer was a bit suss when i received the bass.

[b]So come on guys, who put the transfer on?[/b]

I've contacted kevmanbass/bassmankev or whatever his name is and asked for his side of the story.

I'm gonna make one more price drop on this bass as i really want to buy a Jack Casady, so I'll sell this wonderful bass with a colourful and mysterious history for the price of a Jack Casady which from Thomann £422...plus post.

As someone pointed out the parts on the bass is worth the asking price alone, the allparts neck alone retails for £214 from Allparts UK, the rest of the hardware is also high quality.

This is my final price drop....I'll use the fecking thing as a canoe paddle if it doesn't sell at his price :)[/quote]

At £422 that's a fab price. If I had cash, or if you were in a trading mood, I'd be trying to do a deal.

[quote name='thebeat' post='235590' date='Jul 9 2008, 11:30 AM']This is my final price drop....I'll use the fecking thing as a canoe paddle if it doesn't sell at his price :)[/quote]
FWIW, I think you deserve some credit just for retaining your sense of humour. :huh: I hope you stick around after the bass has gone.

[quote name='thebeat' post='235429' date='Jul 9 2008, 12:38 AM']If you can i would be interested in the details so that i can have a wee word in the ear of ther guy who sold me it as a Custom Shop Fender.[/quote]

Thats really so uncool.

[quote name='Toasted' post='235704' date='Jul 9 2008, 01:42 PM']Thats really so uncool.[/quote]

Too true. Unfortunately there seems to more and more of this kind of thing going on and as we're a relatively small community it's very easy to spot this kind of thing going on (except if you're new).

Recently there have been instances of blatant profiteering. And while not always seen as unethical, when done in such said small community can leave a nasty feeling amongst all.

I've been on the receiving end of such activities and commend you on you're control and patience.

I would like to see that everyone takes the for sale section seriously - as any funny business will come back and kick you in the ass.....

I wish everyone luck in selling gear, and if you make a few quid good one.... but be aware.

Stu

this thread saddens and annoys me

as i have said in my emails to the OP, this bass was sold with this ebay listing:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320248936079&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=011"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...O:IT&ih=011[/url]

read it all, all the people who are once again having a go at me. I mention ABSOLUTLY NOWHERE THAT THIS IS OR EVER WAS A CUSTOM SHOP PRECISION BASS.

the decal on the headstock was on it when i recieved it from Mike off this forum, ask him yourself.

I advertised the bass on ebay as you all know to get the right amount of cash for it, i was very short on money and needed the extra cash (yes im a student, and yes i have a part time job). I understood why people felt angry with me asking for more on the forum and expected me to give it cheap, but i couldnt do that, and anyone that says they havnt bought to sell for a profit elsewere is a liar. the bass is worth the money it sold for, as my ebay listing breaks down. there is even a thread on it in the ebay links forum, in which people also agree with that sentiment.

Im sorry, iv done nothing wrong, and franklly im gettin so tired of being treated the way i am on this forum :)

Edited by BassManKev

And now we've heard both sides of the argument we can draw some better conclusions. You can see on the eBay listing that there is no mention of 'custom' at all, nor are there any images of the decal. It appears thebuyer has made assumptions upon this and posted on here with these assumptions.

So on these facts, the buyer did not buy it on the grounds that it was a custom shop bass, and thus no deceit has taken place in my eyes. Of course I cannot see any personal emails or eBay messages between the 2 of them :).

[quote name='Machines' post='235738' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:34 PM']And now we've heard both sides of the argument we can draw some better conclusions. You can see on the eBay listing that there is no mention of 'custom' at all, nor are there any images of the decal. It appears thebuyer has made assumptions upon this and posted on here with these assumptions.

So on these facts, the buyer did not buy it on the grounds that it was a custom shop bass, and thus no deceit has taken place in my eyes. Of course I cannot see any personal emails or eBay messages between the 2 of them :).[/quote]

thankyou

so can the ridiculous idea of me being a con artist and a twat now be dropped, and let this bass sell

Alistair, my advice is you put it on ebay for £650, it will sell.

Edited by BassManKev

I don't really see the big issue, loads of people buy things for cheap and sell them for more, in fact there are people here who do that constantly (eubassix, that david bloke who used to post on here and sells loads of ebay), and people aren't having a go at them.

He clearly didn't misrepresent the bass.

dont worry about it mate, im more than used to be ridiculed for everything i do on this forum

can this be dropped now, no more posts for or against me, this is a sale thread

any problems with me or the bass owner, pm us.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='235742' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:37 PM']so can the ridiculous idea of me being a con artist and a twat now be dropped, and let this bass sell[/quote]

Well, I didn't go that far :).

Fair play to Kev for posting a response. I can see from the eBay listing that it was a fair description of the bass which was given in it. While I thought it was a bit cheeky of him to list the bass [i]here[/i] with a huge mark-up, at the end of the day it was his to sell how he saw fit and he hasn't misled anyone as to it's condition etc. so I don't think he's done anything wrong.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='Machines' post='235738' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:34 PM']So on these facts, the buyer did not buy it on the grounds that it was a custom shop bass, and thus no deceit has taken place in my eyes. Of course I cannot see any personal emails or eBay messages between the 2 of them :).[/quote]

That's what I said in the first place - a quick search in the ebay links page would have turned up the original ebay auction (part of which I quoted) and all of this could have been avoided :huh:

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='235756' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:51 PM']Personally, I think there is one person to blame for this whole sorry mess. He'll deny it of course.

This man is a menace to society.

You have been warned :huh:[/quote]

And as for you, I'll deal with you later...

This is why people who put fake decals on gear should be shot. It's like buying an MR2, putting body kit on it and passing it off as a Ferrari. It's a bit sad really.

Hope you manage to shift it though.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='235852' date='Jul 9 2008, 04:30 PM']This is why people who put fake decals on gear should be shot. It's like buying an MR2, putting body kit on it and passing it off as a Ferrari. It's a bit sad really.

Hope you manage to shift it though.[/quote]

I don't see much wrong with putting a fender decal on a licensed fender replacement neck - but the custom shop sticker is a bit much!

tbh i thought the decals were the worst part of the bass, largely because they wern't applied brilliantly

id be interested to know whether it was mike who added them or someone before him

[quote name='BassManKev' post='236047' date='Jul 9 2008, 08:28 PM']tbh i thought the decals were the worst part of the bass, largely because they wern't applied brilliantly

id be interested to know whether it was mike who added them or someone before him[/quote]

Hi, nowhere did i accuse Kev or anyone else of selling the bass as a Fender Custom Shop bass...i assumed, wrongly as it turns out that it was, due to the decal. I would say it's not beyond the realms of possiblity that one could be had for the price i paid for it. Anyway Kev didn't con me, though he did make a nice profit as it turns out...but hey! we live in a capitalist world guys :)

Now, anyone want to buy the frigging thing?

[quote name='Machines' post='235738' date='Jul 9 2008, 02:34 PM']And now we've heard both sides of the argument we can draw some better conclusions. You can see on the eBay listing that there is no mention of 'custom' at all, nor are there any images of the decal. It appears thebuyer has made assumptions upon this and posted on here with these assumptions.

So on these facts, the buyer did not buy it on the grounds that it was a custom shop bass, and thus no deceit has taken place in my eyes. Of course I cannot see any personal emails or eBay messages between the 2 of them :).[/quote]

I asked Kev last night to give me a link to the Ebay page as i couldn't find it through my feedback page as it was showing as private, I apologise for my sh*te memory but i couldn't be sure whether Kev had shown a pic of the headstock with the decal or not and maybe jumped the gun in stating that it had been sold as a Fender Custom Shop model and that Kev had perhaps just used different terminology in the advert, and i quote here '' Fender Precision / Jazz Special Bass Limited Edition ''

[b]Again, i apologise to Kev for this misunderstanding [/b] But quiet frankly this could have been avoided if it had been stated that the decal in question was not genuine....I thought i had received a genuine Fender Custom shop model...but then again, we all know what thought did? I'll know better the next time :huh: :huh:

Edited by thebeat