Why become a member? ×

Thinning the herd

Machines

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1390643899' post='2347799']

To go. But one at a time. G&L first.
[/quote][quote name='Machines' timestamp='1390557163' post='2346689']
[b]G&L L-2000 [/b]Tribute Carved Top - Bought from BassDirect in 2010. HUGE sound and cuts through the mix, does everything I need itto. Stunning looks and I know it's a great piece of kit. G&L are very underrated and I like having something that's a bit of a 'well kept secret' in the bass world.
[/quote]

I would keep the L2000 and the P bass. The L2000 cause it is possibly the most versatile bass around. The P bass I would keep as every bass player should have one. Or mabye 2.....

I have found out over the years that there is times when only a P bass will do.

• 6 months later...

An update ! I traded the G&L for a Spector. I'm glad I'm a man of conviction.

I'm likely to now lose the Precision, T-40 and Variax (or 2 of these) as I don't play 4 strings in my band so 3 is excessive.

Am eyeing up an MTD Artist 5 to replace 2 of them perhaps.

Sounds like a fair trade, those 3 for a MTD. Also, the two basses your cool Dad got you still go towards it which is nice. :)

Best thing I ever did was streamline my basses. That doesn't stop me from buying new ones due to GAS or experiments, but I also operate a policy whereby each have to 100% justify why they are being kept - there can be no doubts!!!

p.s. Congrats on the birth!

• 4 months later...

Here I am a year later, time allowed me to tell what I really wanted.

I've sold the Variax (for a good profit) and am also selling the T-40 (at a loss unfortunately).

Before selling either though I acquired a Spector Q6 Pro, I used to have one about 8 years ago and regretted selling it. When one popped up at Bass Direct in the same rare finish (holoflash) i just [b]had [/b]to have it. I did a trade for the L-2000 and yes I do miss it a bit, but am happier overall with what i've gained.

The T-40 is a tone machine, but I just can't see it sat there not being used a lot compared to the others. I'm hoping to buy a Warwick Corvette Pro series with the proceeds when it sells (one I tried at Bass Direct which I really connected with). We're in a better position financially than I expected with the little one so I don't really need to sell anything, it's just GAS (it always get you eventually).