Why become a member? ×

The new 2014 Fender Rumbles

throwoff

Why oh why didn't they do this a long time ago. I'm sure their rumble amps are fine but they looked like anonymous, boring, black boxes and nothing like the vintage stuff. I bought a Fender TV15 a couple of years ago, mainly because of it's drop dead vintage looks. It sounded good too, but I sold it because it was stupidly heavy with just one plastic handle on the top.

The 500 watt version is only 36lbs (but then they said the TV15 would have a neo speaker in it......the one I bought didn't and weighed about the same as a small planet).

Now somebody go out and buy one and write a great review, so I can justify buying one :)

Edited by gjones

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1390491390' post='2345992']
Only 410 and 115 cabs though... Would be great a 112 combo with the 500W head and a 112 ext cab, just like the Promethean, but with GB quality and reliability and Fender vintage sexy looks :gas:
[/quote]

The speakers are 4 ohm so no extension cabs possible unfortunately. Bit dumb that :(

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1390494638' post='2346026']
The speakers are 4 ohm so no extension cabs possible unfortunately. Bit dumb that :(
[/quote]

At least the 500W combo alows for a ext cab (8ohm 250W) to be hooked up. Just look at the backplate pics ;)

Looks to me that a few more cabs are comming to the line in order to satisfy this. Haven't npoticed that both the 115 and 410 are 4 ohms. I'll take another look.

I must have misunderstood your post but both the 410 and the 115 cabs are 8Ohms acording to the site's specs.

Rumble 500 combo has to be 8ohm loaded because it alows the ext cab, see here:

All other combos state that they are Eminence loaded and have 8ohms except for the Rumble 200 that has a very confusing spec.

I believe that this specs aren't correct and have lots of errors, not what people would expect from a brand like Fender...

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1390496655' post='2346059']
All other combos state that they are Eminence loaded and have 8ohms except for the Rumble 200 that has a very confusing spec.

I believe that this specs aren't correct and have lots of errors, not what people would expect from a brand like Fender...
[/quote]

That's great! In the specs they just have 'Speaker 4 ohm'. They must mean that the minimum load for speakers is 4 ohms. That's much better. My Fender TV15 had a 4 ohm speaker fitted and no extension out, which was a big mistake.

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1390500505' post='2346136']
Does anyone have an idea on price and stockists? I have been considering getting an amp for my rehearsal room.
[/quote]

They'll probably be about the same as the present ones. I assume the old models will be going cheap soon.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1390503693' post='2346192']
Look good and probably sound good, but...the spec listings on the site are rubbish and confusing. I can't see a speaker config for the Rumble 500 combo :(
[/quote]

Probably because they haven't made their minds up whether it'll be a 15" or a 2x10".........or possibly both?

I can see how if one was expecting Fender to create a line of amps that cloned Genz Benz one might be dissappointed. However, I don't think Fender were ever going to do that.

The cabs are black boxes with silver cloth grills, like many other cabs. The heads, I think they're ok, probably a bit of a marmite product I suppose.

I've used the previous Rumble 350 combo and the 410 cab with the 350 head...no complaints from me, a really good sound especially considering it's not expensive.