Why become a member? ×

INSTRUMENTALS FOR COVERS BAND

leroydiamond

Rush's YYZ, assuming that you are all Godlike at playing your instruments. Otherwise, I'm hard pushed to think of anything that'd be suitable for a covers act - most instrumentals tend to only be known by diehard fans of the original band. Though speaking purely for myself, I'd love to show up at a gig to see the aforementioned Losfer Words being played :happy:

[quote name='mikeh' timestamp='1387180766' post='2308952']
A Band I was in years ago did Steve vais for the love if God, absolutely bombed, needless to say we only did it the once
[/quote]

A good point and why I'm a bit hesitant about ITQE. I think whether we put it in will depend on the audience and how we feel the gig is going.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1387199738' post='2309205']
Dick Dale's version of Misirlou.
[/quote]

Good call! Or this one...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWw55XhTehg&list=PL541375AC7BE86908"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWw55XhTehg&list=PL541375AC7BE86908[/url]

Some great recommendations boys and girls. Keep them coming. I will draw up a short list by the weekend and make suggestions to my band mates. Great stuff and many thanks.
I think an important thing to factor in is that the tunes need to be pretty much instantly recognisable by a crowd made up of regular punters out for a few beers on a Saturday night.