Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

I'm going to TRY and make it! Came last year!
I have a gig in North East London that night, and it's also the London Tattoo Convention that weekend (although looks like I'll be going on Sunday now).
So mark me down as a maybe!

If I come, i'll be bringing my new Drop C Jazz, it'll definitly be finished by then! :)
Could bring my trusty USA Jazz, simply because it's an awesome specimen IMO, but people would probably be more interested in seeing/playing my lakkie 44-02D (which might be for sale then). To be honest, If I've got a gig, I might just take my rig and go straight there after!

Si

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='262198' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:52 AM']:huh:

I bow to your superior knowledge and experience in these matters..!![/quote]

Well, beards aren't my thing really. Call me old fashioned, but that's the way I am :)

Anyway, I was told at a tender age to avoid keyboard players at all costs. Something I guess we could all live by :huh:

[quote name='Sibob' post='262208' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:04 AM']To be honest, If I've got a gig, I might just take my rig and go straight there after!

Si[/quote]
I'm going straight to a gig after too, should be fun :)

Just paid the Holiday Inn so it's all finalised except for us noisy buggers turning up on the day, hooray!

[quote name='Sibob' post='262208' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:04 AM']To be honest, If I've got a gig, I might just take my rig and go straight there after![/quote]

[quote name='Merton' post='262213' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:10 AM']I'm going straight to a gig after too, should be fun :)[/quote]

I'm also considering doing that, but it'll be quite a trek for me. Could anyone spare me trawling through the thread to find out what sort of times the bash is likely to be starting and finishing? Cheers if you can off the top of your heads, tell me to go jump and stop being lazy if you can't!

I think my gig that night is in Cambridge so it's not as far back as home...

Bumping the list.

List of Attendees so far:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. Hamster: Lakland and hopefully a couple of completed BFM cabs
03. OBBM: a couple of basses and perhaps the Orangtino if anyone is interested.
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
05. Happy Jack: a selection of vintage Hofners & a Verithin bass or two
06. Zach: spector rebop
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
09. nig: SB-8 Chapman Stick
10. G-77: usual collection of Graphite maybe the Wal
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig (what about the Groove????)
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600
16. Alexclaber: will bring some of my new cabs with me!
17. Walbassist: 2006 Wal Mk III 5, 1994 Ken Smith BMT Elite G 5, 2008 Brook Otter 5 string ABG (due 20/7), Epifani PS600, Epifani PS112 x 2,
18. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq, Ashbory, pedalboard and whatever else I can fit in the car!
19. Mikey D: Ibanez GWB35
20. clauster: Omni15 (probable) and Omni10 (possible)
21. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
22. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
23. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ
24. andyonbass: a couple of ACG's
25. sixshooter: bringing a number of interesting basses and an interesting amp!
26. Nick Thomas: CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle
27. Barneyg42: Jaydee Roadie Fretless
28. craigonbass: custom 100 Watt Harry Joyce (Hiwatt) head
29. stingrayfan: G&L Tribute L2000, Yamaha BB614, Stingray 4 (hopefully w/Status neck), and possibly the 24 year old 4x10 Trace Elliot combo (if anyone wants me to??) or my Trace head/Warwick cab.

Any more for any more?

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='265012' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:25 PM']Bumping the list.

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig (what about the Groove????)
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600
17. Walbassist: 2006 Wal Mk III 5, 1994 Ken Smith BMT Elite G 5, 2008 Brook Otter 5 string ABG (due 20/7), Epifani PS600, Epifani PS112 x 2,
18. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq, Ashbory, pedalboard and whatever else I can fit in the car!
21. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
22. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
23. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ
29. stingrayfan: G&L Tribute L2000, Yamaha BB614, Stingray 4 (hopefully w/Status neck), and possibly the 24 year old 4x10 Trace Elliot combo (if anyone wants me to??) or my Trace head/Warwick cab.

Any more for any more?[/quote]

Please can I extend my 'bringing' list to include my Ampeg SVP-Pro, Eden WP100 Preamp and Schroeder 1210R ?

(I'm sure somewhere out there there's a gang of tooled up thugs greedily eyeing up this list and making plans to meet us all on the 27th!!)

[quote name='coasterbass' post='265217' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:48 AM'](I'm sure somewhere out there there's a gang of tooled up thugs greedily eyeing up this list and making plans to meet us all on the 27th!!)[/quote]

yes, yes there is. He'll be driving a big red volvo, with a SR5 and a hartke stack, and you'll all know him as Phil_the_bassist :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='265267' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:01 AM']yes, yes there is. He'll be driving a big red volvo, with a SR5 and a hartke stack, and you'll all know him as Phil_the_bassist :)[/quote]
You'll be virtuallly driving past my house on the day...got any room in that Volvo? :huh:

Edited by stingrayfan

4 and bit weeks to go bump

11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded, Ampeg SVP-Pro, Eden WP100 Preamp and Schroeder 1210R
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter, J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo, '78 StingRay
30. Old Horse Murphy (if free): Shuker P5 and maybe a 2008 Fender P Bass

I will also be bringing plenty of ether to gas you all and purloin a Precision & a G&L to complete my Fender family tree.

Edited by johnnylager