Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

I would like to see the Tune if you can make it! Free flights eh? I bet that is like Ryanair - flight = 5p and taxes and fees etc make it actually cost about £50 (still v cheap admittedly)

ped

[quote name='ped' post='232015' date='Jul 3 2008, 02:03 PM']I would like to see the Tune if you can make it! Free flights eh? I bet that is like Ryanair - flight = 5p and taxes and fees etc make it actually cost about £50 (still v cheap admittedly)[/quote]
Got it in one: it would be €70 or so. I'd prefer not to fly with a bass, but the ferry+train is more expensive than that, and takes far longer.

[quote name='peted' post='232067' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:28 PM']Can I ask what the parking situation will be like? How far between the car park and the booked rooms? Do we have any stairs to contend with? Thank you.[/quote]
Parking should be fine - 220 spaces
Distacne between car park and rooms? No idea, sorry.
It's on 3 floors so don't know where hte function rooms are but for accessibility the MUST have lifts if necessary!

[quote name='Merton' post='232073' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:37 PM']Parking should be fine - 220 spaces
Distacne between car park and rooms? No idea, sorry.
It's on 3 floors so don't know where hte function rooms are but for accessibility the MUST have lifts if necessary![/quote]
Thanks. I'll give the hotel a call tonight to see if I can get answers for the last two questions, if the answers don't appear here first...

P.S. silverfoxnik: Please can you add the room names to the original post on the front page? Clandon Suite 1 & 2. Thanks :)

Edited by peted

[quote name='coasterbass' post='232537' date='Jul 4 2008, 11:25 AM']Bizarrely I can report that the load in/out situation for the Travelodge is pretty good, as we actually played a wedding gig there last year :)[/quote]
Travelodge?

This is at the Holiday Inn :huh:

I should be all good for this provided my studio time doesn't get bumped back a week, which is possible. Damn famous people paying full price, think they're better than me....... grrrrr.....

I'll bring my Boss SYB-5 too, and see if anyone knows how to make it actually sound cool!

[quote name='peted' post='232526' date='Jul 4 2008, 11:11 AM']Thanks. I'll give the hotel a call tonight to see if I can get answers for the last two questions, if the answers don't appear here first...

P.S. silverfoxnik: Please can you add the room names to the original post on the front page? Clandon Suite 1 & 2. Thanks :)[/quote]
Good idea!!

... Done!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='233584' date='Jul 6 2008, 01:51 PM']Is anyone bringing along pedalboards? I've just dived headfirst into the world of effects, and I'd like to see what you guys think of/can do with my newly aquired effects![/quote]

I don't have my crazy pedalboard any more but I could bring along my pedals which my guitarist now normally uses - Fulltone BassDrive, MXR Phase 90, EBS BassIQ, Sovtek Big Muff - if they're a novelty to anyone. I'll also have my RIM Custom 5 with me, plus my old Warwick Streamer which should be a tapewound funk machine by then.

Alex

[quote name='johnnylager' post='240561' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:36 AM']Fantastic mate. Now we need a Shuttle to try through it.... :)[/quote]
I am very interested to hear what these Genz Benz Shuttles are like. If possible, I'd like to try an array of those small-light amps through this cab to hear what they sound like (Little Mark II/250/F1, Eden WT260, Genz Benz Shuttle, Ashdown Little Giant).

[quote name='peted' post='240527' date='Jul 16 2008, 12:28 AM']The Omni10 is finished, sounding great, and will definitely be accompanying me to the Bash
[/quote]
Looks great... There's been a lot of discussion on the Forum about these BFM designs that I'm really looking forward to hearing one :)

[quote name='Jesus' post='240870' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:01 PM']This sounds awesome... Although i will not have anything worth bringing myself. What should I expect from the day, i have no idea how these Bash's work?[/quote]

Turn up with plenty of money to buy guitars, amps & effects from fellow forumites. Chat & chill with fellow forumites. Eat & drink with fellow forumites. Join in when we all play Rush's XYZ at the same time together.

When boozed up enough, pick a side and join in the "Warwick.v.Fender" punch up at the end.

Sorted :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='240893' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:36 PM']Sooo, MM & Ric followers can just put the proverbial boot in wherever and to whomever they feel like, right? :huh:[/quote]

No, that's the second round - winners of that punch up play the winners of the first, then there's a play off for 3rd place.

Shuker, Jaydee, Overwater, ACG, RIM etc and other custom build owners just stand back and disapprove a bit whilst nursing their Campari & sodas - but they're a funny lot................ :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='240907' date='Jul 16 2008, 02:52 PM']No, that's the second round - winners of that punch up play the winners of the first, then there's a play off for 3rd place.

Shuker, Jaydee, Overwater, ACG, RIM etc and other custom build owners just stand back and disapprove a bit whilst nursing their Campari & sodas - but they're a funny lot................ :)[/quote]

That good, as long as there's a system in place! :huh: