Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

If its not too much of a liberty I'll be bringing a couple of surplus cheap poweramps and an unused 3u rack bag which are all for sale, just in case anyone fancies one on the day. I promise not to make it look like a Blue Peter Bring and Buy sale :)

I'll also try to bring my sack trolley to aid eveyone's loading/unloading pains.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='290551' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:33 AM']If its not too much of a liberty I'll be bringing a couple of surplus cheap poweramps and an unused 3u rack bag which are all for sale, just in case anyone fancies one on the day. I promise not to make it look like a Blue Peter Bring and Buy sale :huh:

I'll also try to bring my sack trolley to aid eveyone's loading/unloading pains.[/quote]
No, I forbid it.

:huh:

ONly kidding. Let the buying and selling commence! (Just don't let me buy anything :) )

[quote name='andyonbass' post='290520' date='Sep 24 2008, 07:29 AM']along with a Hartke LH500[/quote]
Excellent. I may squeeze my V-Type 4x8 cab in then, just to try this head with a cab I'm used to, if that's OK? Very interested in this new Hartke baby... :)

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='290754' date='Sep 24 2008, 12:15 PM']I;m bringing my Warwick Rockstand - it holds 5. But it's also going to be a raffle prize :)[/quote]
I've found they're pretty good, unless you have certain basses which aren't so well suited to it. For example, Thumbs...

Hurrah! The cheque's in the Bank so I'll be along to annoy y'all.

Update list:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. Hamster: Stingray, Line6 Lowdown 110 & pedal board
03. OBBM: a couple of basses and perhaps the Orangtino if anyone is interested.
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
05. Happy Jack: a selection of vintage Hofners & a Verithin bass or two
06. Zach: spector rebop
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
09. nig: SB-8 Chapman Stick
10. G-77: usual collection of Graphite maybe the Wal
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded, Ampeg SVP-Pro, Eden WP100 Preamp and Schroeder 1210R
12. johnnylager: KSD 704 Proto-J with EBS inside, EBS MultiComp, Russian BassBalls, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter, J-Lo fuzz
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive, Groove 5 and Groove 4 fretless
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600
16. Alexclaber: will bring some of my new cabs with me!
17. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq
18. Mikey D: Ibanez GWB35
19. clauster: Omni15 (probable) and Omni10 (possible)
20. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
21. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
22. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ
23. andyonbass: a couple of ACG's
24. sixshooter: bringing a number of interesting basses and an interesting amp!
25. Nick Thomas: CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle
26. Barneyg42: Jaydee Roadie Fretless
27. craigonbass: custom 100 Watt Harry Joyce (Hiwatt) head
28. stingrayfan: G&L Tribute L2000, Yamaha BB614, Stingray 4 w/Status neck, Trace Elliot 715 300w combo, Aphex Punch Factory pedal.
29. Old Horse Murphy (if free): Shuker P5 and maybe a 2008 Fender P Bass
30. Dougal: GW #23, Carvin XB75P, F-Bass Studio
31. Kraken: his kit
32. Kiwi: Smith 5, Trace V8, GB Shuttle 6, EBS Neo212 cab, (maybe Smith 5 fretless, 2 other basses by request from other members)
33. urb: a Sei
34. Bloodaxe: - Aria TSB-400 with Kahler Trem, Aria SB-900 & probably a small trolley with an Epifani UL-110 & an Ashdown Superfly

Pete

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='291798' date='Sep 25 2008, 02:27 PM']won't we need two? BC identity and real life identity? :)[/quote]

Why not put them both on the same badge, unless you want to use your full title and were named after a football team?

[quote name='obbm' post='291813' date='Sep 25 2008, 02:42 PM']Why not put them both on the same badge, unless you want to use your full title and were named after a football team?[/quote]

well, Phil_the_bassist kinda gives enough clues to my true identity to make a second name badge for myself kinda superfluous :huh: but you do have a point, as long as the tags are big enough!

Hell, to go with the social group that's gonna be meeting, we might as well use (the musicians friend) gaffer tape! :) take a bit and write your name on it, job done! everyone tagged for £2!

*edit* Cheers Al! */edit*

Edited by phil_the_bassist