Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='324354' date='Nov 7 2008, 05:37 PM']Hi Folks,

I'm pleased to say that I paid a cheque into Basschat coffers today for [b]£186.06[/b], which is half of the funds raised at September's Bash! The other half of the funds raised has been paid to 'Enable Me', the disability charity that I work for..

In total, over £500 was raised through the event which is amazing, but after paying for room hire and other costs on the day, the total raised for the good causes was just under £400!

So this is a good opportunity for me to thank everybody who helped make it happen (especially Merton, WalMan & JohnnyLager) and also, a good opportunity to thank everybody else who either came to the Bash itself or who contributed by making donations etc. :)

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

Well done Nik and team. An excellent result.

[quote name='Hamster' post='324569' date='Nov 7 2008, 10:49 PM']Looking forward to the South East Easter Bash! - hopefully next time I won't have to leave early for an audition. :)

I now have access to a school with a purpose built 200 seat auditorium/theatre in Addlestone which might be a very good venue as long as members don't mind the next bash being so close to the last one?[/quote]

Sounds good - could keep costs lower and allow for more charidee money possibly?

Keep forgetting to ask how your audition went?

[quote name='obbm' post='325259' date='Nov 9 2008, 01:30 PM']Well done Nik and team. An excellent result.[/quote]

Indeedy, but only an excellent result becasue of you generous lot who came and paid and made it a brilliant day!

[quote name='Merton' post='326031' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:02 PM']Sounds good - could keep costs lower and allow for more charidee money possibly?
Indeedy, but only an excellent result becasue of you generous lot who came and paid and made it a brilliant day![/quote]
+1

[quote name='Merton' post='326031' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:02 PM']Sounds good - could keep costs lower and allow for more charidee money possibly?

Keep forgetting to ask how your audition went?[/quote]

Hi Martin

Audition went well thanks, "We've never sounded so good" was a positive comment, but they gave the gig to another bass player who was already playing in 3 other bands. They thought his gigging contacts could help re-establish the band and generate more bookings. Ces't la vie.

As for the venue, it looks like this:

[quote name='Hamster' post='327178' date='Nov 11 2008, 11:08 PM']Hi Martin

Audition went well thanks, "We've never sounded so good" was a positive comment, but they gave the gig to another bass player who was already playing in 3 other bands. They thought his gigging contacts could help re-establish the band and generate more bookings. Ces't la vie.[/quote]

Bugger. Ah well, on to the next one!