Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

[quote name='coasterbass' post='230381' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:06 AM']Am I going to be the only left handed person there ? :)

So many pretty things to play but my hands are all back-to-front[/quote]

1 in 10 people are left handed, so statistically speaking there's bound to be at least another one in that list. :huh:

[quote name='coasterbass' post='230381' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:06 AM']Am I going to be the only left handed person there ? :)

So many pretty things to play but my hands are all back-to-front[/quote]

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='230401' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:25 AM']1 in 10 people are left handed, so statistically speaking there's bound to be at least another one in that list. :huh:[/quote]
I'm left handed :huh:

But I play right handed. :huh:

[quote name='Mikey D' post='230418' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:47 AM']What's the deal with Masterclasses etc?

I can ask Fred Thelonious Baker if he is interested if you are still looking for people!?

[/quote]
Hi Mikey,

Yes - we're still looking for people and though we have a few iron's in the fire but nothing confirmed as yet!

So it'd be great if you could ask on our behalf? We don't have money to pay fees really, especially as this event aims to provide members with a great day out etc, etc and raise a few £'s for good causes..

Cheers

Nik
(right-handed btw...)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='230199' date='Jun 30 2008, 11:39 PM']List of Attendees so far:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. Hamster: Lakland and hopefully a couple of completed BFM cabs
03. OBBM: a couple of basses and perhaps the Orangtino if anyone is interested.
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
05. Happy Jack: a selection of vintage Hofners & a Verithin bass or two
06. Zach: spector rebop
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
09. nig: SB-8 Chapman Stick
10. G-77: usual collection of Graphite maybe the Wal
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig [i](what about the Groove????)[/i]
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600

16. Alexclaber: will bring some of my new cabs with me!
17. Walbassist: 2006 Wal Mk III 5, 1994 Ken Smith BMT Elite G 5, 2008 Brook Otter 5 string ABG (due 20/7), Epifani PS600, Epifani PS112 x 2,
18. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq
19. Mikey D: Ibanez GWB35
20. clauster: Omni15 (probable) and Omni10 (possible)
21. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
22. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
23. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ
24. andyonbass: a couple of ACG's
25. sixshooter: bringing a number of interesting basses and an interesting amp!
30.[/quote]

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='coasterbass' post='230423' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:55 AM']Traitor !!! :huh:[/quote]

LOL, sorry, me too ! I blame 1960's schools for trying to make me feel like a freak, until ma and pa had a word. :)

[quote name='sixshooter' post='231306' date='Jul 2 2008, 01:45 PM']Please put me down. I will aim to bring a number of interesting basses and an interesting amp!

:)[/quote]
Done!

List of Attendees so far:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig (what about the Groove????)
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600

17. Walbassist: 2006 Wal Mk III 5, 1994 Ken Smith BMT Elite G 5, 2008 Brook Otter 5 string ABG (due 20/7), Epifani PS600, Epifani PS112 x 2,
21. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
22. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
23. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ

Any others????

Whack me down for an Ampeg SVP (non Harma non Philips! :huh: ) and an Eden Navigator preamps.
May as well bring along something interesting seeing as you're all cack-handed righthanders :)

I'd hope to have a poweramp and some interesting speakers by then too otherwise I'll be really quiet! We'll see what crops up on buy and sell in the meantime.

[quote name='NickThomas' post='231473' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:45 PM']Awesome. Thanks for doing the legwork on this Nik... I'm in...... I should think I'll bring the CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle ( as I didn't notice any of them on the list of basses attending) ... Looking forward to it !!

Nick.[/quote]
Great - look forward to seeing you there Nick!

14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig (what about the Groove????)

26. Nick Thomas: CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle

..and the beat goes on... :)

UPDATE:

26. Nick Thomas: CS Jazz, L2500, and Eggle
27. Barneyg42: Jaydee Roadie Fretless
28. craigonbass: custom 100 Watt Harry Joyce (Hiwatt) head

[quote name='jakesbass' post='231620' date='Jul 2 2008, 10:26 PM']I've got one in the Midlands too, daytime tho, tell you what lets dep for each other and still miss it :)[/quote]
If your gig is paying more than mine its a deal.

I won't know whether I can make it until near the end of August - it depends on my university schedule, and what is scheduled for the Friday. I like to make the occasional trip to London, just to see the place, shop for stuff, and so on. Aer Lingus are offering "free" flights to the UK during September, and if I'm able to make it, I'll get a hard case for the Tune and bring that over.