Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

[quote name='Hamster' post='241016' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:13 PM']Oh, forgot to mention - it's also fancy dress :)[/quote]
Maybe we should make it that you have to turn up looking like your avatar. I'm onto a winner there ( :huh: ), but I'd like to see you keep a small yellow bird on your head all day! :huh:

EDIT: is it a duckling?

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='241023' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:18 PM']Maybe we should make it that you have to turn up looking like your avatar. I'm onto a winner there ( :huh: ), but I'd like to see you keep a small yellow bird on your head all day! :)

EDIT: is it a duckling?[/quote]

No, it's a Norwegian Blue - and it's nailed there so it doesn't fall off when I'm rocking out :huh:

Im really going to try get down to this, I can bring my hand built violin bass if anyone is interested, and i definately wouldnt mind trying out some of your stuff higgie!! (namely pedals)

[quote name='Higgie' post='229493' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:38 AM']I hope to be there. If anyone wants to play any of my gear let me know what to bring?

Lakland DJ4 with Aero Pups and JRetro
Lakland DJ5 with the same
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Original Mutron III
Akai Deep Impact
Akai Headrush
Demeter Compulator
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Custom Modded Big Muff
Way Huge Aqua Puss clone
EA iAmp 600

I'm not sure I'm available but if I can, I will try and get there - and bring most of the above with me!![/quote]

[quote name='Merton' post='241023' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:18 PM']Maybe we should make it that you have to turn up looking like your avatar. I'm onto a winner there ( :huh: ), but I'd like to see you keep a small yellow bird on your head all day! :)

I pity the fool that tries to out dress me!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='241597' date='Jul 17 2008, 11:10 AM']*Slight hijack*

How the f**k do I get meself one of them thar avatar thingumies?![/quote]

Go to your Profile (look in [i]My Controls[/i]) and upload a suitable image. Then try again. Several times. Eventually you'll work it out.

That's what I did, anyway.

:)

I aint never gonna look that thin!

Never been to anything like this but maybe time to try. What exactly goes on?

I guess if i want to know i'll have to come. No gigs on that day so mark me down - i'll bring my EUB Aria SWB lite 1 & EBS micro bass + EBS effects, compressor, reverb & chorus

jeff

Is there any kind of Bass Bash etiquette? I can imagine it turning into a right noise with all those amps and basses going at once. Do you do what the trade shows do and have quiet times and scheduled performance times?

Is it a good idea to mark up all your gear with your name? Not that anyone here is untrustworthy or anything :)

Edited by peted

[quote name='peted' post='242356' date='Jul 18 2008, 08:14 AM']Is there any kind of Bass Bash etiquette? I can imagine it turning into a right noise with all those amps and basses going at once. Do you do what the trade shows do and have quiet times and scheduled performance times?

Is it a good idea to mark up all your gear with your name? Not that anyone here is untrustworthy or anything :)[/quote]
I think the idea of a bit of scheduled quiet time is a good plan.. Anyone else agree?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='242365' date='Jul 18 2008, 08:42 AM']I think the idea of a bit of scheduled quiet time is a good plan.. Anyone else agree?[/quote]
Yip.

Also, if we don't get anywhere with the masterclasses, we could have an amp room and a non-amp room?

I've created a [url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:bass_bash_etiquette"]Wiki page[/url] so people can jott down their ideas for Bass Bash etiquette. I think it would be best to keep the concepts quite 'open' and not direct i.e. I don't think we can ban Slap completely :)

[quote name='Merton' post='242471' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:28 AM']Yip.

Also, if we don't get anywhere with the masterclasses, we could have an amp room and a non-amp room?[/quote]
Or at least make sure that all the valve poweramps are in one room as they are the ones that need to be cranked to get the best tone out of them!

[quote name='peted' post='242474' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:31 AM']I've created a [url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:bass_bash_etiquette"]Wiki page[/url] so people can jott down their ideas for Bass Bash etiquette. I think it would be best to keep the concepts quite 'open' and not direct i.e. I don't think we can ban Slap completely :)[/quote]

It this yet another facet of the British Nanny State. We have been running bashes for several years without any rules or etiquette and without problems. Why do we have to start now? Most BCers are responsible and considerate people.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='242483' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:41 AM']It this yet another facet of the British Nanny State. We have been running bashes for several years without any rules or etiquette and without problems. Why do we have to start now? Most BCers are responsible and considerate people.[/quote]
OK, i've deleted the wiki page. It was just that this would be my first Bass Bash and I wanted to make sure I didn't make a pratt of myself by doing something silly :)

[quote name='obbm' post='242483' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:41 AM']It this yet another facet of the British Nanny State. We have been running bashes for several years without any rules or etiquette and without problems. Why do we have to start now? Most BCers are responsible and considerate people.[/quote]

I think on the grounds of Health & Safety, you should be in charge of cutting up any 'unsafe' cables that people bring and offer to make up safer ones (for a small fee) on the spot :)

Hamster

[quote name='peted' post='242501' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:59 AM']... I wanted to make sure I didn't make a pratt of myself by doing something silly :)[/quote]

Did you have something in mind? :huh:

In my experience if someone is going to make a pratt of themselves they will do it regardless of any rules or etiquette. :huh:

[quote name='obbm' post='242507' date='Jul 18 2008, 11:07 AM']In my experience if someone is going to make a pratt of themselves they will do it regardless of any rules or etiquette. :huh:[/quote]
That's the reason I'm coming along, to be the token eejit :)

Never thought of that - there's always the bar! Or outside for the smokers, not Clauster of course.