Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, Saturday 27th September: NEW INFO!

silverfoxnik

I hope to be there. If anyone wants to play any of my gear let me know what to bring?

Lakland DJ4 with Aero Pups and JRetro
Lakland DJ5 with the same
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Original Mutron III
Akai Deep Impact
Akai Headrush
Demeter Compulator
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Custom Modded Big Muff
Way Huge Aqua Puss clone
EA iAmp 600

I'm not sure I'm available but if I can, I will try and get there - and bring most of the above with me!!

[quote name='Higgie' post='229493' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:38 AM']I hope to be there. If anyone wants to play any of my gear let me know what to bring?

Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Original Mutron III
Akai Deep Impact
Akai Headrush
Demeter Compulator
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Custom Modded Big Muff
Way Huge Aqua Puss clone
EA iAmp 600

I'm not sure I'm available but if I can, I will try and get there - and bring most of the above with me!![/quote]

Lakland DJ4 please. :)

[quote name='Higgie' post='229493' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:38 AM']I hope to be there. If anyone wants to play any of my gear let me know what to bring?

Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Original Mutron III
Akai Deep Impact
Akai Headrush
Demeter Compulator
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Custom Modded Big Muff
Way Huge Aqua Puss clone
EA iAmp 600

I'm not sure I'm available but if I can, I will try and get there - and bring most of the above with me!![/quote]
Most of it please, but especially the original Mutron III !!

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='229599' date='Jun 30 2008, 12:08 PM']Most of it please, but especially the original Mutron III !![/quote]

I actually have a spare...So providing I haven't sold it by then, there will be one going...If anyone is interested in it - PM's are welcome :)

[quote name='walbassist' post='229606' date='Jun 30 2008, 12:13 PM']Good job Nik!

It's in my diary, and I shall bring the gear that appears in my signature below.

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

I really want to try that Wal!

I won't know for about two weeks if I can come as I may be a resident of Northern Ireland by then-if not I will bring my Ibanez GWB35 upgraded with Nordstrand and Bee Pre (As that'll be the only thin i own by then! :) ).

Thanks for the 'thanks' chaps, but it's been a team effort all the way.. And especially a big thanks to Merton for sorting out the rooms!! The 'bar facility' will certainly add to the atmosphere on the day, Im sure! :)

It will be nice to see as many people as possible there and already, it seems like there'll be some excellent gear on view which is great.

When I'm a bit more coherent later (struggling with hay fever today), I'll try and update the list of people & gear.

Doing this for September has made me realise that I still have video footage from the March Bash in Northampton that I've never uploaded because I don't know how to edit the clips down, so if anyone can advise on how I do that, I'd be grateful?

Thanks

Nik

Hi Nik,

You are a sufferer too eh? I have tried all kinds of hay fever tablets and none are working this year. I am never normally affected by it much, but '08 is giving me a rough ride!!

I am sitting here typing with tissues bunged up my nose! You too?

[quote name='clauster' post='229829' date='Jun 30 2008, 04:28 PM']I'm hoping to come and (so long as they're finished) will bring an Omni15 (probable) and Omni10 (possible)[/quote]

Crumbs! - if I get mine finished we'll have a mini BFM bash :) Perhaps the man himself will pop across and give us a speaker design masterclass - you reading this Bill? :huh:

Hamster

Dear god, Nik do they know what they have let themselves in for!!!

Anyway

That'll be me & my
[list]
[*]Wal Pro1/Custom conversion
[*]G&L L2500 (4+1 style)
[*]Markbass CMD121H combo
[*]Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB
[*]Possibly a vintage Marshall Superbass 100 head, but I have no cab (#2 son uses it as one of his [sub]guitar[/sub] amps ATM)
[/list]

Edited by WalMan

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='229819' date='Jun 30 2008, 04:18 PM']Doing this for September has made me realise that I still have video footage from the March Bash in Northampton that I've never uploaded because I don't know how to edit the clips down, so if anyone can advise on how I do that, I'd be grateful?

Thanks

Nik[/quote]

If you upload them somewhere so I can download them, I will edit them and upload them to youtube or just edit them for you.

What format are they?

I'm going to try to get to this. I'll bring my BFM Omni 10 if I've finished it and it sounds any good, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision.

Ok, here's what I make it so far:

01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, Wal Pro2e, BC Rich Eagle, plus I'll be bringing my DBX MC 6 Compressor and probably a small rig including my SWR Triad
02. Hamster: Lakland and hopefully a couple of completed BFM cabs
03. OBBM: a couple of basses and perhaps the Orangtino if anyone is interested.
04. NowVertical: GB Rumour 5, KSD 60's Proto-J 5, Mongrel 62 Fender P (now fretless with a J added), Acoustic Image Contra II
05. Happy Jack: a selection of vintage Hofners & a Verithin bass or two
06. Zach: spector rebop
07. Ped: with my usual babies (pair of Vigier Passions as I am sure you are sick of by now)
08. s_u_y: Fender Precision '74, my EBS MicroBass II DI and if my custom portable poweramp being made by Alien (Andy) is finished, I'll bring that too!
09. nig: SB-8 Chapman Stick
10. G-77: usual collection of Graphite maybe the Wal
11. Coasterbass: Lefty MM Stingray IV, Lefty Warwick Thumb V, Lefty Fender Jazz American Deluxe, Lefty Fender Jazz Hotrodded
12. johnnylager: Geddy Lee with Wizard 84's, EBS MultiComp, SansAmp ParaDriver, Aural Xciter and a J-Lo fuzz + ABM 500 combo
13. Gamble: Ampeg SVP Pro pre-amp with Harma and Philips valves, Samson S1 compressor, QSC power amp, SWR Goliath Snr 6X10
14. Merton: Status Retroactive Bass and my TE V-Type 8x8 rig [i](what about the Groove????)[/i]
15. Higgie: Lakland DJ4 & DJ5, Musicman Stingray 3EQ, Original Mutron III, Akai Deep Impact, Akai Headrush, Demeter Compulator, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, Custom Modded Big Muff, Way Huge Aqua Puss clone, EA iAmp 600

16. Alexclaber: will bring some of my new cabs with me!
17. Walbassist: 2006 Wal Mk III 5, 1994 Ken Smith BMT Elite G 5, 2008 Brook Otter 5 string ABG (due 20/7), Epifani PS600, Epifani PS112 x 2,
18. phil_the_bassist: Hartke stack (HA5500& VX215+VX410) and my MM SR5 3eq
19. Mikey D: Ibanez GWB35
20. clauster: Omni15 (probable) and Omni10 (possible)
21. WalMan: Wal Pro1/Custom conversion, G&L L2500 (4+1 style), Markbass CMD121H combo, Possibly the BOD xT Pro & FSB, Marshall Superbass 100 head
22. peted: BFM Omni 10, Hartke 3500, Aphex Bass Xciter, Line6 Lowdown Studio, Warwick Thumb BO 4, custom butchered Japanese Squire Precision
23. onehappybunny: Fender Mustang (1976), DeArmond Jet Star, Warwick Katana, Mark Bass Jeff Berlin Combo, DHA1-EQ

There's definitely some others who've said they're up for this, Stingrayfan, NickThomas etc, etc.. So maybe we'll hit 30 people for they day which would be good!!

[quote name='Mikey D' post='230057' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:12 PM']If you upload them somewhere so I can download them, I will edit them and upload them to youtube or just edit them for you.

What format are they?[/quote]
Thanks for the offer Mikey - I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know!

[quote name='WalMan' post='230015' date='Jun 30 2008, 08:28 PM']Dear god, Nik do they know what they have let themselves in for!!![/quote]
Hopefully not Al!! :huh:

Having admired the photos from the Yorkshire Bass Bash and read the posts earlier today it's got me looking forward to the South East one even more now!
So, a quick recap on the details then:

[b]SE Bass Bash 2008[/b]

HOLIDAY INN
EGERTON ROAD
GUILDFORD, GU2 7XZ
ENGLAND

[b]Saturday 27th September[/b], 10am to 6pm

The Clandon Suites 1 & 2

£10 per head

Any profits will go to Basschat & Enable Me (www.enableme.org.uk)

Info on Raffles, masterclasses etc to be announced later..

Any offers of suggestions for masterclasses, offers of raffle prizes, offers of help very welcome :)

Cheers

Nik