Why become a member? ×

Hi from Anaconda Basses

Anaconda Basses

Hi all

Great to join Bass Chat. I am a UK bassed Luthier who's been custom building small number of basses over the past 15 years. In Feb 2013 I decided to switch careers after 25yrs in IT, to making Basses full time. Probably the toughest decision I've ever made, but one that is turning out to be a good one.

My goal is to make available to bass players who would like to play a top end custom instrument but can't afford custom bass prices, instruments with excellent tone, great play-ability and awesome looks. My instruments are fully hand built, custom basses. Here's an example of my work, an Anaconda Crusher CXE5-Elite [attachment=148562:1426549_660609740636903_1943527215_n.jpg]

If you would like to try out my basses, let me know. Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers

Andy

Hello :)

It's nice to see you join basschat I have spend many a time looking through the photos of your basses on facebook. All I can say is they look fantastic!

Would love to play on but you're on the other side of the country unfortunately!

Edited by Myke

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1384640120' post='2279139']
Are you making these completely from the ground up?

Carving wood, fitting frets and electrics, lacquer finishing etc. etc.?

They look cool and very well finished :)
[/quote]

Hi Molan

Yes indeed, I make the basses from raw timber and do everything myself apart from the lacquer as I don't have the facilities to be able to do so. Check out Anaconda Basses on Facebook. Plenty of pics of the build process.

Cheers

Edited by Anaconda Basses

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1384640691' post='2279144']
Hello :)

It's nice to see you join basschat I have spend many a time looking through the photos of your basses on facebook. All I can say is they look fantastic!

Would love to play on but you're on the other side of the country unfortunately!
[/quote]

Hi Myke

Glad you like the basses :) If you are ever in London and fancy trying out the basses, give us a shout. I plan to be at the London Bass Guitar Show in March 2014. Hope to see you there.

Cheers

[quote name='Anaconda Basses' timestamp='1384642751' post='2279170']
Hi Molan

Yes indeed, I make the basses from raw timber and do everything myself apart from the lacquer as I don't have the facilities to be able to do so. Check out Anaconda Basses on Facebook. Plenty of pics of the build process.

Cheers
[/quote]

Cool - so people can come round and see the workshop and where they are made?

Always works really well as a sales tool to give customers this option :)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1384707146' post='2279723']
Cool - so people can come round and see the workshop and where they are made?

Always works really well as a sales tool to give customers this option :)
[/quote]

Absolutely molan

A recent customer sat with me for a couple of hours while I shaped his neck to his exact spec. Check him out playing his new bass at the Anaconda Basses launch event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKee5OgyBc

Feel free to pop round anytime.

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Andy

Urb is Mike Flynn... me :) - just my longstanding nom du plume around these parts!

Just for the record I don't own one of Andy's basses but I can vouch for their supreme playability and tone - they look pretty darn lovely too - well worth checking out chaps and chapesses...

Welcome here Andy

Mike

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1386086581' post='2295529']
Hey Andy

Urb is Mike Flynn... me :) - just my longstanding nom du plume around these parts!

Just for the record I don't own one of Andy's basses but I can vouch for their supreme playability and tone - they look pretty darn lovely too - well worth checking out chaps and chapesses...

Welcome here Andy

Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike
Many thanks, hope to see you soon.

Best

Andy

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1386102113' post='2295890']
Welcome Andy, great to have you onboard. I love the look of your basses sir...very very nice indeed!
[/quote]

Thank you White Cloud. Let me know if you would like to check the basses out. I'm in North London. Failing which, hope to be at the LBGS in March 2014.

Cheers

Andy

[quote name='Anaconda Basses' timestamp='1386251719' post='2297721']
Thank you White Cloud. Let me know if you would like to check the basses out. I'm in North London. Failing which, hope to be at the LBGS in March 2014.

Cheers

Andy
[/quote]

Hope to be at the LGBS to check a few basses out, would love to try a left handed model. :)